Death Or Mutalation As Legal Punishment ?

In some countries, such as Saudi Arabia, if a thief is caught three times, with three witneses, his hand will be amputated. Beheading is the punishment for murder, rape, highway robbery, poisoning a well and drug smuggling. In Iran they carry out biblical punishment, even though they are Muslim, not Christian or Jewish; they realy do believe, literally , in an eye for an eye ! In China murderers are hung or shot, in the U S A many states will kill murderers by electric chair or lethal injection. Singapore, Malasia, and other Asian countries wil execute murderers, drug smugglers etc, by various means.

Hear in the UK the press and the government say this is barbaric.. Yet whenever someone like Brady or the Yorkshire Ripper is caught, we all call for the death penalty!!!! Are we being hypocritical ? ?

Sorry, supposed to be in general section .

Edited by Brigzy
  • Like 1

Its the do Gooder's again if it went to the vote the majority of this country would bring back death penalty especially if we declared what they are costing us to keep,but they wont do that,they would rather charge us rent on our ironing board cupboard [sorry that was a dig at the bedroom tax ] to fund the low life shit,

• Like 1

Its the do Gooder's again if it went to the vote the majority of this country would bring back death penalty especially if we declared what they are costing us to keep,but they wont do that,they would rather charge us rent on our ironing board cupboard [sorry that was a dig at the bedroom tax ] to fund the low life shit,

could not agree more

I'd support the death penalty for child rapists and the murder of innocent people (I.e people who dont have it coming),for the general population.

but much stricter measures in place for police,politicians and teachers.

If we executed everyone of them who in anyway abused their power we wouldnt be in the mess we're in now.

i've said it many times but i will stand by this:

until and unless the state begins to take VERY VERY tough measures against EVERY crime, it will continue to plague our society. three strikes and you're out for example as in certain american states; by which they mean if anybody gets convicted for 3 crimes NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE then they get life inside (and life means life). we need to strike down hard on people, invest heavily in our prison service and be prepared for the prisons to be full to bursting initially until people get the message that if you mug an old lady or nick motors or shoplift or any of the other crimes which dont seem to be taken seriously by the judiciary, then you are going down for 5 years or so, no parole. and then i think we would see not only the prisons becoming empty, but also the crime rate dropping. i also believe that certain crimes, especially sex crimes, should result in capital punishment IF they can be proven absolutely ( and DNA these days has removed much of the uncertainty in many cases). i dont think in this day and age we can bring back public executions, but just quietly remove them, no fuss no famous last words no tears

• Like 1

until and unless the state begins to take VERY VERY tough measures against EVERY crime, it will continue to plague our society. three strikes and you're out for example as in certain american states; by which they mean if anybody gets convicted for 3 crimes NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE then they get life inside (and life means life). we need to strike down hard on people, invest heavily in our prison service and be prepared for the prisons to be full to bursting initially until people get the message that if you mug an old lady or nick motors or shoplift or any of the other crimes which dont seem to be taken seriously by the judiciary, then you are going down for 5 years or so, no parole. and then i think we would see not only the prisons becoming empty, but also the crime rate dropping. i also believe that certain crimes, especially sex crimes, should result in capital punishment IF they can be proven absolutely ( and DNA these days has removed much of the uncertainty in many cases). i dont think in this day and age we can bring back public executions, but just quietly remove them, no fuss no famous last words no tears

so sombody breaks speeding limmit 3 times,,,,and does life,,,, or doesnt pay tv licence ,,,and a few other minor things,,,gets life?.....just as well your not in charge... ;)

can i ask,,,have you never done a thing wrong,,,poached,,,killed a hare,,,,,ect ect ect,,

• Like 2

so sombody breaks speeding limmit 3 times,,,,and does life,,,, or doesnt pay tv licence ,,,and a few other minor things,,,gets life?.....just as well your not in charge... ;)

can i ask,,,have you never done a thing wrong,,,poached,,,killed a hare,,,,,ect ect ect,,

Poach, coarse, etc; shit I'd be doing so many concecutive life sentences for this season alone, they'd just throw the key away !

i take your point TOMO and BRIGZY and maybe that is a bit draconian of me, but the point i am trying to make is that unless we get tough on crime then it will continue. perhaps there could be some sort of categories of crime and 3 crimes from the "serious" category bring more harsh punishment? it just makes me sick when you hear about arseholes with 100 convictions for nicking cars, or 20 for GBH or whatever getting non-custodial sentences

• Like 1

I'm all for corporal punishment and broadcasting it on prime time tv .You can bet the crime rates will fall to nearly zero then ?

And you can bet tv ratings would go through the roof as well :D ......" sorry love you cant watch Corrie tonight i need to watch this bloke fry in the electric chair "......can see that catching on.