Collie Brains

Just my thought on the subject, and to keep in with the thread a good collie will let you know when it's had enough, any good dog man would respect that the dog had given it's all.

How do they do that they jack,lol :laugh:

We all know that but were not allowed to say it,Thats why we keep going back to ferreting you wont make a dog jack ferreting to easy.

:toast:

Last post I gave the benefit of the doubt that you were not like the rest of the wankers, but again I am proved wrong.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 1

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've kept crossbred herding dogs,..all my life,...used other types, for other business, and enjoyed them immensely, but I always return to the mongrel curs..As for brains,.well,... I've seen some ree

Weasel,,, I don't think bulls get enough credit,,in the brains department,,,some of them are incredibly intelligent ,,,in fact more often than not,,more intelligent than the other end of the lead,,,lo

If your collie x is too slow to catch fookall or is a jacker you can always find other uses, nothing more silly than a man chasing after his own hat    

Posted Images

Just my thought on the subject, and to keep in with the thread a good collie will let you know when it's had enough, any good dog man would respect that the dog had given it's all.

How do they do that they jack,lol :laugh:

We all know that but were not allowed to say it,Thats why we keep going back to ferreting you wont make a dog jack ferreting to easy.

:toast:

Tell you what weasel next winter when its pouring with rain everyday and it's blowing a northern ice wind and I am doing a two week ferreting job where there are so many holes to a warren that you need hundreds upon hundreds of yards of long nets to cover them come along with your best dog and tell me at the end whether a dog can be broken by merely ferreting :thumbs: ............

• Like 2

On the subject of stalking..the worst ive "ever" seen was a 3/4 Greyhound fcuk It was suicidal lol..oh and the remainder of its blood weren't all Collie either, as for jacking I've seen every cross under the sun do it with no type being more prone than any other...there is no "guarantee" with ANY type when it comes to breeding and working lurchers..that's just the way it is, if you think otherwise then your gonna be in for a rough ride lol..imo a lot has to do with the man with the dog whatever the breed, there's a world of difference between a man with a dog and a dogman ") ..enjoy your mutts whatever your chosen cross and quarry you hunt...

Canon4299_zps21cff686.jpg

• Like 10

many a dog will spew before they collapse and some will die trying,.........what are people trying too prove ? you know your breed , you know the minerals what come with it ....... you decide whever the breeding suits you , it aint rocket science , use your experience , if you don't like it then don't fooking work it ........

At the end of the day this was thread was put up with good faith.

Page 3 it was braught up maybe when lamping too much brain wasnt good,With the excepection of one or two instead of disscusing it and moving on......

This very STRANGE game of smoke and mirrors,Grown men acting like kids. :icon_redface:

Socks i wouldnt cross the street to meet you,Let alone bring a dog so you can try and break it :laugh:

Now of to walk my poor understood dogs like i do everymorning at this time.

fugi cana help but notice that a callous on the dons dogs wrist ,or just the shot pic etc .atb bunnnys.

Hiya Bunnys..must just be how the pic has turned out mate as his wrists are grand and he has no callous at all on them? Only problem he has is his rear leg on his stifle as he broke it as a young dog,often returns home on three legs after a hard day/night at work but always fine the following day..no doubt it may become more problematic as he gets older but his next birthday will be his 6th so atleast we've had some fun out of him in that time :thumbs:

you said you stared this thread for debate yet you have not really done anything other

than state your opinion & call people who disagree with it. you seem to equate brains

with lack of prey drive, it ain't so the two don't go hand in hand just as a high prey drive

doesn't mean your dog will want to kill everything that moves.it was my post you mentioned

& i didn't say i wouldn't have a dog with to much brain solely for a lamp dog i said to much

i said to much collie. as i also said to much of anything is simply that to much, the reason

we cross breed is to try & get a good dollop of each of the desired qualities to make a well

rounded dog.two of those qualities are brains & prey drive & if one out ways the other too

much it ain't the dog for me i'm afraid

At the end of the day this was thread was put up with good faith.

Page 3 it was braught up maybe when lamping too much brain wasnt good,With the excepection of one or two instead of disscusing it and moving on......

This very STRANGE game of smoke and mirrors,Grown men acting like kids. :icon_redface:

Socks i wouldnt cross the street to meet you,Let alone bring a dog so you can try and break it :laugh:

Now of to walk my poor understood dogs like i do everymorning at this time.

I never said I would try and break it I was trying to get through to your tunnel thinking brain that ferreting is not all a dandy little walk out that the dog finds easy .... Some ferreting dogs actually work hard ... As for not crossing the road to meet me ... Wise decision fella :thumbs: ............

• Like 6

I'm starting to get the feeling that Summer is here chaps.

No point you getting involved,,,,both them two of yours have more brain than you.....

I must admit... that about sums it up mate.