• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's hard work big lad so fair play, respite I would imagine is very difficult.   I know from my contact with schools that most of us can't even imagine the home lives some poor kids are enduring

Thanks for all your replys busy finishing a job so can't reply all the time should have waited so I can have more of an input( sake) , we've had the 3 day introduction and two other classes the paper

Me and the missus have been talking seriously about this and once the youngest has gone to uni in about 18 months time we will be looking more deeply into it ... My missus prefers to adopt 3 to 10 yea

Your right there Scott they wouldn't , very challenging for sure , and very scary for the kids as well , some I'm sure would open up pretty quick ? And others would take a good while I'm sure ?

Been writing a thing on fostering. . . . it's great when you get good folk doing it.

But unfortunately you get some who just do it for the cash, and the poor kids are treated like crap.

• Like 2

Been writing a thing on fostering. . . . it's great when you get good folk doing it.

But unfortunately you get some who just do it for the cash, and the poor kids are treated like crap.

some use it as a career choice the same as the private sector being charged with the care of vulnerable adults, anything that involves both the welfare and monetary of an individual will lead to a conflict of interest, the route most local authorities have been forced down when it comes to social care is not beneficial to the individual but is highly lucrative for the individuals in the private sector that now run these services, social workers are well aware of these issues but there is no alternatives available,

jim we fostered a couple of kids a while ago and it didn't work out but you never know until you give it a try.

Aye Paulus, the way in which we deal with institutionalised people, especially vulnerable young people, in this country. . . . is horrific. When you compare it to other countries, such as Denmark or Germany, it's no wonder we have such a high rate of care leavers failing. . . . .

:thumbdown:

theres people in my village init just for the money teenagers left out till they come back in then they go on holiday and put the kids some someone else till they come back ffs youd been taking 350/400pd aweek for them take them with you

just ask them people would you do it for nowt if your money was stopped theyd give the kids back like a flash 8/10 would :thumbdown:

• Like 3

That's hard work big lad so fair play, respite I would imagine is very difficult.

I know from my contact with schools that most of us can't even imagine the home lives some poor kids are enduring out there.

My brother in laws brother has fostered 3 last year (full time) wee tiny mites, there old man was a total no hoper in and out of Nic all the time, knocking the mother and kids about......he even shaved one of thems head as a punishment......the mother was no better, not least for allowing such a bloke to be around the kids.

Breaks your f***ing heart, I wish I could have half an hour alone in a room with some of these c**ts!

It's a long road to do it I think (and rightly so) but worthwhile.

Whatever you think it will be, I bet it will be 10 times more but if you can make a difference to just one kids life then it's all worth it.

Wish you all the luck in the world.

• Like 7

Thanks for all your replys busy finishing a job so can't reply all the time should have waited so I can have more of an input( sake) , we've had the 3 day introduction and two other classes the paper work is unreal you have to fill in ie prom when you where born up to now it's a bit worriei g for me as my past takin drugs/criminal record ect but that will all have to come out and let them decide on the person I am now and what iv / we have got to offer as a family to childrrn that needs guidance and support ?

• Like 7