• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's the way i have done it.. Woodga.. ..and as i was advised by someone who know's what they are doing i was told to use 2 strand's by two proven very experiend snare and trap men.. ..and like i

Noticed a Rat run in my chicken run the other day.Set a wire and had one within an hour.  

Reading a post on here made me want to have go at snaring rats, currently been using fenn traps with good results but thought this would be an achievement if it was to work here are some pics I'll kee

Posted Images

two strands of brass or even a thicker single strand of copper would be the best option for you :yes: you want the noose to close quick and completely a six strand wire is to slow granted it may catch the odd oap rat but you want a rat every time not empty snares when they have fired :thumbs: also make sure the bender will get the rats feet off the ground or it will bite out and snap the wire good luck :victory:

• Like 2

Went up the other night to check it with a torch ones checked and just moved the wire slightly I went to check the chickens and a young rat ran streight out and down the run, by the looks of it it had runs streight through as it had just made the loop smaller. Also it seems solid to set of are there any other trigger mechanisms or a way to make this more sensitive?

That's the way i have done it.. Woodga.. :thumbs: ..and as i was advised by someone who know's what they are doing i was told to use 2 strand's by two proven very experiend snare and trap men.. :yes: ..and like i said i'm no expert and i don't bull myself up on the net to make people think i am .. :whistling: ..i could imagine trying to catch a rat in a rabbit snare would be like trying to catch a fox in 10mm braided wire.. :D

RatSnares4406004_zpse2109576.jpg

RatSnares4406002-1-1_zps7eaf6599.jpg

Snaredrat002_zpsb9f00b64.jpg

Edited by Millet
  • Like 4

This is one of the simple designs I use ... You can't quite see but there is a fine wire loop just about hooked onto the nail that triggers with a hairs touch .....

image-143.jpg

I have got another really effective method but no pictures of it ... Next time I set it up I will take a snapshot ........