Stoping Smoking

Early studies suggest that the nicotine in E cigs may cause cell changes to a similar degree as smoking!

"gene expression studies show 263 differentially expressed genes following in vitro exposure to ECIG-conditioned media for 96hrs. The high nicotine ECIG-conditioned media induced a gene expression pattern similar to TCIG- conditioned media and whole cigarette smoke exposure"

( http://clincancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/20/2_Supplement/B16.abstract )

Thats without all the other stuff they put in, oils etc that line the lungs...

Still not as many harmful chemicals as fags put down there.. There's not a lot of other stuff in there either. No ones saying they are good for you or completely benign, they are certainly better for you than the fags are though.

Early studies suggest that the nicotine in E cigs may cause cell changes to a similar degree as smoking!

"gene expression studies show 263 differentially expressed genes following in vitro exposure to ECIG-conditioned media for 96hrs. The high nicotine ECIG-conditioned media induced a gene expression pattern similar to TCIG- conditioned media and whole cigarette smoke exposure"

( http://clincancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/20/2_Supplement/B16.abstract )

Thats without all the other stuff they put in, oils etc that line the lungs...

Still not as many harmful chemicals as fags put down there.. There's not a lot of other stuff in there either. No ones saying they are good for you or completely benign, they are certainly better for you than the fags are though.

i`ve been a week now and the mrs says she dont hear me wheezing in my sleep like i used to only time will tell plan is to cut this down aswell over the weeks ...

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn't have done it without one,   No more nicotine stains on my fingers No more spitting up stuff I could tar the road with Breathe a lot better, and save myself a score a day. Should have don

stopped this morning. doing ok so far.

Lol I've no used it yet , just spied it when I was in the shop, was only 3quid I think.   My take on them is this. I was a heavy smoker for years, and I enjoy smoking always have done. This way im

Posted Images

im on 6mg menthol and to be fair i am fine, 0 mg next week then just mints after that, its not about how bad for you they are, its about how better for you they are than cigarettes, as an aid to stopping smoking there the best thing ever invented and this is where the trouble is. all products to stop you smoking are controlled by the drugs industry, is it in there interest for you to quit completely ? or indeed in the governments interest as there would be a significant revenue loss to both parties. as for studies, just compare any to cigarettes where over 200 carcinogens are found including lead, arsenic and mercury to name a few.

im on 6mg menthol and to be fair i am fine, 0 mg next week then just mints after that, its not about how bad for you they are, its about how better for you they are than cigarettes, as an aid to stopping smoking there the best thing ever invented and this is where the trouble is. all products to stop you smoking are controlled by the drugs industry, is it in there interest for you to quit completely ? or indeed in the governments interest as there would be a significant revenue loss to both parties. as for studies, just compare any to cigarettes where over 200 carcinogens are found including lead, arsenic and mercury to name a few.

+1

I haven't read this thread because it's all old hat to me. I gave up smoking several years ago and I'm not here to proselytise how I did it either. I just wanted to mention something .....

The other day, I was searching for something. F**k knows what. But, I thought it might be down there. Amongst all that darkness, dust, cobwebs and f**k knows.

I seem to feel I found it. But, what else I found so shook me to the core that it's simply wiped the matter.

I found two, 500g jars. Screw top lids. Thinking, " WTF?! ", I scraped the dust off and stared, uncomprehending, for a moment, at the contents.

Roll up dog ends. Two, five hundred gram jars, completely f**king packed with them.

Now, I was as methodical a smoker as I was a constant one. Each and every one of these dog ends was 3/4". Hundreds of the f**king things. I'd finish my fag and clip the end off. Then, I'd put the end in a jar.

Why? Simple. My reasoning was that, should I become skint, I'd be able to slit open all these dog ends and recoup myself a nice little bit of 'baccy. Why waste it?

I mean; For F**ks F**king Sake!!! :no: Pure Junkie mentality!

They went in the compost. And the stink that came off them was f**king appalling! :bad:

I haven't read this thread because it's all old hat to me. I gave up smoking several years ago and I'm not here to proselytise how I did it either. I just wanted to mention something .....

The other day, I was searching for something. F**k knows what. But, I thought it might be down there. Amongst all that darkness, dust, cobwebs and f**k knows.

I seem to feel I found it. But, what else I found so shook me to the core that it's simply wiped the matter.

I found two, 500g jars. Screw top lids. Thinking, " WTF?! ", I scraped the dust off and stared, uncomprehending, for a moment, at the contents.

Roll up dog ends. Two, five hundred gram jars, completely f**king packed with them.

Now, I was as methodical a smoker as I was a constant one. Each and every one of these dog ends was 3/4". Hundreds of the f**king things. I'd finish my fag and clip the end off. Then, I'd put the end in a jar.

Why? Simple. My reasoning was that, should I become skint, I'd be able to slit open all these dog ends and recoup myself a nice little bit of 'baccy. Why waste it?

I mean; For F**ks F**king Sake!!! :no: Pure Junkie mentality!

They went in the compost. And the stink that came off them was f**king appalling! :bad:

i used to do a bit of house clearance did one house and found the same thing pete :D but a rose`s sweet jar full of filter tipped fag ends with the old gals lippo round the filter ----- her neighbour/friend came round for a few bits i said she could have coffee tea few other bits n bobs ornaments pots n pans showed her the said jar she says oh doris only liked half a fag :laugh: ------------------------------- and she took the fooking jar i`ll have them she says save a few quid :D

Edited by the_stig

3 weeks off the fags now :toast: .. had a day or two where i was spitting fury .. but other than that its not been to bad .. looking forwards to having extra money to spend on stuff

• Like 1

3 weeks off the fags now :toast: .. had a day or two where i was spitting fury .. but other than that its not been to bad .. looking forwards to having extra money to spend on stuff

E juice lol

I'm gonna start making my own some day.

It's only vegetable glycerine and a food flavour with some nicotine.

E juice lol

I read you can make it yourself , i don't think the flavours very powerful whatever i have tried so far has been a bit of a disappointment

E juice lol

I read you can make it yourself , i don't think the flavours very powerful whatever i have tried so far has been a bit of a disappointment

You need to get the right flavouring Kay.

I've been reading loads about it. Lol

You need to let it steep for a couple weeks to.

When I make my first batch I'll send you a bottle :)

E juice lol

You need to get the right flavouring Kay.

I've been reading loads about it. Lol

You need to let it steep for a couple weeks to.

When I make my first batch I'll send you a bottle :)

Nice one Scott.. i got one of the plastic tanks & a wick thing yesterday .. might have been the chuck away one that came with my kit that needed replacing as I cant believe the difference in the taste ... i might need to grade down to 18 nicotine now the 24 blew my head off in this new thing :laugh: