Stoping Smoking

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn't have done it without one,   No more nicotine stains on my fingers No more spitting up stuff I could tar the road with Breathe a lot better, and save myself a score a day. Should have don

stopped this morning. doing ok so far.

Lol I've no used it yet , just spied it when I was in the shop, was only 3quid I think.   My take on them is this. I was a heavy smoker for years, and I enjoy smoking always have done. This way im

Posted Images

I tried a few months ago & failed miserably :cray: .. I am ready to have another go , can someone post a link to a place I can get all the stuff I need to get me going .. I dont want to be wasting money on chemist rubbish that dont work :thumbs:

Kay the stuff from the chemist will work when you’re ready to stop; sometimes it takes a few attempts at stopping before your reach the right point failure is a stage not the end :thumbs: .

The important thing is that they also have a pathway for quitting completely, rather than just altering how you feed your addiction. It may well be that pure nicotine is a little less harmful than cigarettes but is still pretty poisonous and can bring a lot of problems in the longer term. Nicotine can lead to insulin sensitivity and resistance, so diabetes, metabolic syndrome and heart disease just as a starter. In truth it affects a multitude of systems/hormones including pituitary hormones, sex hormones, thyroid and adrenal hormones. It seems to increase the body’s production of adrenal androgens so effects how the body uses glucose which hits both through heart disease and diabetes.

Basically its pretty sh*te so much better to stop completely than to feed a market that has similar morals and long term health effects as the tobacco industry.

Regards s

I got loads of vanilla my fav flav ;)

Cinnamon is nice. Raspberry is a bit strong.

I am going to get a bottle of cinnamon tomorrow .. its not what i expected to be honest , just a slight vanilla flavour & a big throat hit ... i guess thats the idea .. I hope i can kick the fags .. spoke to the woman in the shop who showed me 20 embassy filter was now £9.05 for 20 ... jesus had no idea how much 20 fags where :blink:

I tried a few months ago & failed miserably :cray: .. I am ready to have another go , can someone post a link to a place I can get all the stuff I need to get me going .. I dont want to be wasting money on chemist rubbish that dont work :thumbs:

Kay the stuff from the chemist will work when you’re ready to stop; sometimes it takes a few attempts at stopping before your reach the right point failure is a stage not the end :thumbs: .

The important thing is that they also have a pathway for quitting completely, rather than just altering how you feed your addiction. It may well be that pure nicotine is a little less harmful than cigarettes but is still pretty poisonous and can bring a lot of problems in the longer term. Nicotine can lead to insulin sensitivity and resistance, so diabetes, metabolic syndrome and heart disease just as a starter. In truth it affects a multitude of systems/hormones including pituitary hormones, sex hormones, thyroid and adrenal hormones. It seems to increase the body’s production of adrenal androgens so effects how the body uses glucose which hits both through heart disease and diabetes.

Basically its pretty sh*te so much better to stop completely than to feed a market that has similar morals and long term health effects as the tobacco industry.

Regards s

I am ready to stop now , if i find i am craving the fags after a few days on this e fag I will go up the drs & get some patches as well ... I hope to be fag free by Easter & maybe just use the e fag to keep me on track :thumbs:

• Like 1

Aye 9.60 for a 20 deck of regal king up here. And I smoked 2 packs a day lol

Dear way to kill yourself !

Spent a wee bit on my ecig kit. But I bought two and apart from juice and replacement wicks. I'm pretty much sorted now.

Aye 9.60 for a 20 of regal king up here. And I smoked 2 packs a day lol

Dear way to kill yourself !

Spent a wee bit on my ecig kit. But I bought two and apart from juice and replacement wicks. I'm pretty much sorted now.

Scott is there a button on the side of yours that you press when you want a drag on it ... I am not sure if this has to have new wicks .. said nowt in the instructions so I may have to try to find out

Yea mine has a button.

I bought the metal atomisers. There not disposable, like the throw aways. You just change the wick from the bottom.

I like them better.

Mines is an ego t 900 got blue one, and a silver one lol

Yea mine has a button.

I bought the metal atomisers. There not disposable, like the throw aways. You just change the wick from the bottom.

I like them better.

Mines a diamond mist one its red..lol , well more a maroon red actually :laugh:

Yea mine has a button.

I like them better.

Good luck Kay

I found the fruity flavours are ok but I like to add a bit of amber leaf juice to them to get the mix right

Atb rc1

7 days for me today. On 24 strength at the mo but dropping to 18 when i've run out. Tobacco flavour for me. That Fruit flavoured stuff is sickly. :D

i have just changed to menthol get fed up of tobacco flavour :laugh:

Yea mine has a button.

I like them better.

Good luck Kay

I found the fruity flavours are ok but I like to add a bit of amber leaf juice to them to get the mix right

Atb rc1

I was wondering if i could add several of the flavours , might get a cherry one & stick that in it .... It seems to be hitting the spot not had a fag since 1.30 pm :toast:

Yea mine has a button.

I like them better.

Good luck Kay

Atb rc1

I was wondering if i could add several of the flavours , might get a cherry one & stick that in it .... It seems to be hitting the spot not had a fag since 1.30 pm :toast:

they work that's a fact that the doubters forget, also a far cheaper option than patches and tablets that have known psychotic side effects, but like anything money talks even in the NHS