Hare Shoot According To Baw

Yeah im all for Partridge, Phesant, Grouse shooting ect but will Never support or condone the shooting of Hares.

In fact id vote to ban it.

Well I wouldn't have expected that from you.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a sad fact that the hunting "community" still attack each other at every opportunity; the shooters v the coursers, the Hunts v the foxing lads, even the lampers v the daywalkers !! I, personally,

Nothin worse than a hare thread on this site. You soon see who has a proper understanding of the countryside and who doesn't though.

Aye, it's almost as bad as killing tame park deer and getting all lurcher owners a bad name.....

hares need a close season of that im in no doubt, however telling someone what they can and can not do on there own land legally is a very slippery slope, the antis are very clever and this stuff if pushed to provoke the reaction its getting and thats on a hunting site so imagine how the bunny hugging public are swayed,

a shot hare or fox for that matter is a disgrace,in my opinion it is disrespectfull to such fine animals,the slaughter of these large numbers is sickening,dont get why folk take pleasure in shooting big numbers of fox with rifles,sad,sorry for going off topic.

• Like 1

a shot hare or fox for that matter is a disgrace,in my opinion it is disrespectfull to such fine animals,the slaughter of these large numbers is sickening,dont get why folk take pleasure in shooting big numbers of fox with rifles,sad,sorry for going off topic.

but fine to do the ton with rabbits :laugh::laugh:

Yer 100 in the bag but how many were shot and have ran off with the lead in them to die in pain days or even weeks later ??? This is what I find so wrong about banning hare coursing but ur allowed to go and take pot shots at them and even course them with a bird of prey. ?? Now that's f****d up but then again so is gay marriage it just shows how f****d up this contrary and the people running it are !

I'll disagree on the gay marriage bit .............it's 2014 ffs if two people want to tie the knot then let them crack on I say.

I'm not a fan of the institution itself but two lesbians want to tie get wed then I'd be all for watching the wedding night shenanigans :laugh:

No mate its wrong and dirty

What shooting hares or watching lesbians ?........ :laugh::laugh:

Yer 100 in the bag but how many were shot and have ran off with the lead in them to die in pain days or even weeks later ??? This is what I find so wrong about banning hare coursing but ur allowed to go and take pot shots at them and even course them with a bird of prey. ?? Now that's f****d up but then again so is gay marriage it just shows how f****d up this contrary and the people running it are !

Nowt wrong with flying them with birds of prey

But shooting is nothing more than slaughter. They ruin it for themselves, killing that amount just reduces the hares available for next season and the seasons in the future

hares need a close season of that im in no doubt, however telling someone what they can and can not do on there own land legally is a very slippery slope, the antis are very clever and this stuff if pushed to provoke the reaction its getting and thats on a hunting site so imagine how the bunny hugging public are swayed,

I was seeing things from that point of view also but you did the typing for me . :D

What if the reason they were shot is to deter poachers ?

This may be another thread in itself,I have quite a few friends who are into shooting.

And when ever I bring up the benefits of running dogs as opposed to shooting the only argument they have is that they just like shooting (and of Course its legal) which is fair enough.

Is there any argument to shooting over using dogs (on suitable quarry)?

You can kill more with a rifle,but thats no advantage considering the amount of people wanting to hunt legally who cant due to lack of permission.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of shooting hare's, nor a fan of shooting in general if i'm being honest and as GTE said in March too BUT FFS, the article is in a national newspaper and there is far more at stake..!

The has allways been hare drives Nothing new Part and parcel of the country side but in march ?? Useually sept after harvest time.

Hare drives are usually in February GTE mate. Having them in September is new to me? A few of the more populated estates will shoot every Saturday of Feb often ending with a roost shoot for those that have the energy. I've heard of them selling the hares for charity and simply inviting all the beaters, farmers and mates etc that enjoy the hare shoots. March is traditionally late but it's not like there are leverets kicking about yet and maybe the shoot has their justifications for shooting a couple of weeks later than traditionally so? Like I said, there are hunts still killing foxes but typically hare shooters are the scum of the earth.

• Like 1