Old Plummer Terriers

So what would be the best lines to look out for , for just working ability and not the looks side of things?? And would there be any lines to avoid at all costs if it was a worker i was after?? . Showing wouldn't be an option it'd be just kept for work and nothing else.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have no old pics of plummers or the crosses wm. none worth posting anyways. i was allways a russell man. through and through. i often wonder why i got into plummers. liked the look of them i suppos

Same child still around dogs,how time flies

Flint

Posted Images

So what would be the best lines to look out for , for just working ability and not the looks side of things?? And would there be any lines to avoid at all costs if it was a worker i was after?? . Showing wouldn't be an option it'd be just kept for work and nothing else.

Alan dunworth breeds them from Mexborough staba he has the sire to the one we have grate bushers and raters moody as f**k
  • Like 1

Where these dogs from Barnsley/Wakefield area ?.

I got one off a big bloke with ginger hair about 10 year ago but just can't remember what area I got it from.

The dogs still alive as far as I know just down the road from me.

Stoneyford and Wryemead are two kennels i'd stear clear of,Innashay,Pitmans,Irlam are 3 Kennels to look at and WCM,Browner,Masher and Lacey are also lads i'd be contacting and talking to Stabba.

Edited by fireman
  • Like 2

Alan dunworth breeds them from Mexborough staba he has the sire to the one we have grate bushers and raters moody as f**k

I'm not :laugh: :laugh:

Guess i'll have to try and get me foot in the door then or find someone who don't charge the earth. It's not the price as such..it's the principle . Never showed a dog in me life and never will. The one i get(if i get one) will be used for cover work for the big dogs.

• Like 1

Guess i'll have to try and get me foot in the door then or find someone who don't charge the earth. It's not the price as such..it's the principle . Never showed a dog in me life and never will. The one i get(if i get one) will be used for cover work for the big dogs.

What's made you decide on a plummer for bushing over say a spaniel/hound cross or whatever stabba? And what about the dog getting to ground whilst bushing? The terriers wont come off the lead will we're at an earth round here, only when on ground i know well and even than ive had a few accidents :icon_redface: Genuine question not being funny! Good luck in finding what your after mate