Old Plummer Terriers

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have no old pics of plummers or the crosses wm. none worth posting anyways. i was allways a russell man. through and through. i often wonder why i got into plummers. liked the look of them i suppos

Same child still around dogs,how time flies

Flint

Posted Images

?

Various dogs came for a day out

Newsboy will no all there names.

a plummer dog came out with us ( once, my be a few times, carnt really remember, my memory is crap ) that failed

this dog became some top stud and show dog....

I Would rather not name it

Let sleeping dogs lie, so the saying goes.

It Was a long time ago.... Plummers have moved on since I owned them.

another pic

Great pic .that's the first time I've seen a pic of Bob reminds me of his Sire in that pic ,his litter btr was a serious dog at the end of digs people were to say :thumbs:

bob looked a bit like stanhill billy dont u think?

Yes he did Lee ,

• Like 1

mother to this.

if i had my time again with one dog it would be this old bugger....

000_0182.jpg

His litter sister wasn't a bad little ratter rated by everyone who saw her,she is still with me now at nearly 12 ,

DSC_0102.jpg

• Like 5

mother to this.

if i had my time again with one dog it would be this old bugger....

000_0182.jpg

His litter sister wasn't a bad little ratter rated by everyone who saw her,she is still with me now at nearly 12 ,

DSC_0102.jpg

This was the result from the day the pick of the bitch was taken

DSC_0142.jpg

Edited by lacey1
  • Like 3

Ponte, you're dead right when you say "Plummers" have moved on, but where to is the question ?? 95% of todays stock will never see any serious work, back in the day all the "Plummers" I ever owned or went out with flew to ground, were very aggressive but worked none the less, like some other terrier breeds many were too hard and some were too big having to dig up to their quarry but they all worked to a degree, for the last 10 yrs or so there have only been a few lads working them in the manner they were meant and its a shame not to see them in common use as in the past, targeted middle class ownership by the clubs have helped the ruination of them as a working terrier along with many health problems innate because of it, your memories and pics are from a time gone by and there aren't many terriers of their sort about today, WM

• Like 2

This dog is the last one I used for a pup for myself ,trying to double up on the same lines as all the old lines in the pics above ,also I have seen him out and about for 8 years ,I feel for prey drive the old Vandal lines has to be heavily featured

DSC_0122.jpg

• Like 1

Wirral

My thoughts were that to much emphasis was placed on nice red colours, straight fronts, straight legs, joining the kc..etc etc....over working ability

I found conversations years ago with enthusiasts, including chats with Plummer himself that left me totally frustrated on the direction people wanted the breed to go.

Earthwork discussions, were moved to one side and producing a nice type that was presentable to the kennel club, showing etc.. was what people wanted to talk about, I remember putting the phone down and shaking my head in despair.

All I wanted to do was mooch about with my scruffy dogs, have a dig here and there, chase a rabbit or two with the lurchers, i could see people were trying to draw me in to picking sides,

The politics and infighting, I really didn't need it.

I still think there's probably loads of plummers out there that have a dig or two in them.

I think the stuff Allan and his mate use, and the lines in them would produce earth dogs above a lot of the other lines, without question.

Ponte

• Like 1