Dog Prices

lurcher pup prices = should be at £50 or so a pup to cover rearing costs , all this 200+ balls is just ripping the arse of it, having said that id pay for a pup out of certain parents if i had to ...

yea the price of a drink is plenty. :thumbs:

and thats only the price of a bottle of cider to you then :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of lads picked up a £50 dog and treated it well and plenty of £500 pound dogs been dumped the week it they were bought never pays to generalise.

Cheaper the better if I'm buying one.. I haven't got money to burn. The price people are willing to pay for a dog has no relationship to the quality of life they offer to it.

ive only just had a conversation about this with a pal, the only thing i can say about coursing pup prices is the history and breeding is all tracable and everyone in the game can verify the line hist

I paid £100 8 year ago I thought that very reasonable,

Would pay hell of a lot more for her knowing what she has become.

Priceless to me .

If I ever get a litter outmine I'd sooner them go to a home where they get loads of work on lot of varied quarry and gift them in return to see them work a few times when they are doing their owners proud

Edited by roybo

some of the handbag dogs x.s cockapoo labradoodle etc are fetching anything from £500 to £850 a pop any pedigree is fetching anything up to a couple of grand so talking of £50 for a coursing dog is absolute madam. a good digging dog 4/500 quid/ a gun dog anything from a grand upwards so how are coursing dogs any less animals?, a dog is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, if its a good dog or bitch there is a return on the money when it retires from studding or litters it costs over a 100 quid for a mongrel from a dog pound so get real 50 quid

Edited by desertbred

For me the lurcher game is a working man's game so working man's prices.

I think the lurchers bred should always be passed around friends in the hunting game and not just any old Tom dick or harry. A working man's price should be paid to cover the rearing costs.

Everyman values there stock different the point is if you really rate the parents and the dog is bred for your type of work you will have to pay the asking price be it £50 or £200 you pay your money and take your chance.On the other hand some men more or less gift them to mates or genuine hunting lads so that they can keep tabs on how litter turns out and that's how proper mates evolve and we all get to meet proper hunting men not pup peddlers .