To Young To Leave Me,,,r,i,p Ern Lad

I am gutted for you Jim.. :( and i really feel for you as to what you are going through at this momment in time.. i have lost dog's well before there time and boy does it hurt even more so for someone like yourself who lives there life for the dog's and the work they do..

After loosing my last lurcher it took me 4yr's to get another one.. time does heal eventualy...and when the time is right for a new pup you can go through all your old picture's of Ern which will put a smile on your face as to how good he really was..

Keep your chin up Jim..

R.I.P Ern.. IVE ADD A GUT FULL OF HUNTING IFF TO BE HONEST,,,SINCE I GOT ME 1ST DOG WHAT DIED OF A BROKEN BACK,,,, AND NO HISTORY HAS REPEATED HITS SELF, WITH ERN,,, IVE NEVER REALY ADD A LIFE OUT SIDE THE DOG WORLD,,, NEVER WENT OUT WITH MATES DRINKING CLUBING, IN ME TEENS ALL ME WAS SPENT IN THE FEILDS,,,,,, ME FAMILY HOLIDAYS WAS GETTING BOOKED ROUND THE MOON CICLE,,, THE LAST 22 YEARS IVE BIN LOOKY ENOUGH TO RAP UP WORK,,, DAY IN DAY OUT WITH THE DOGS, AND NO SPARE TIME,,,AND THE FAMILY COMING LAST AT TIMES,,,,,THE PLAN WAS ERN IN HAND FULL OF YEARS, I WUD BE IN ME MID 50,S, AND ERN WAS GOING TO TAKE ME THERE, AND,,,AFTER THAT ALL THE 300 ROUND TRIPS OUT THE 14 HOURS,,,,,,WUD BE DONE,,,, AND I WUD SIT BACK AND LOOK AT THE YOUNG KIDS GOING OFF IN THE FEILDS,,,,,,,,HAS IVE PUT HAD A GUT FULL,,,,,,AND I THINK A PART OF ME DIED HAS WELL HAS ERN,,,

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 6

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a terrible thing for any hunting man to go through,...   I've been there myself,..too many times,.and it definitely fecks a man up. Never be ashamed to show your feelings for a good work

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS,,,,I LOST ME MUM AND ME DAD,, AND ONLY ADD 23 YEARS WITH ME DAD,,, THIS PAIN LOOSEING YOUR DOG,,,HIS SOME THINK ELES,,,HAS DAFT HAS HIT SOUNDS,,, THIS HAS APENED TWICE NOW,,,

Its got nothing to do with being a pet ... Its about a bond between man and dog ... When you live and breath dogs and they are with you day in day out all day in all weathers and all situations it bec

Absolutely gutted for you Jim. I know how much you put in and love your dogs and Ern was a feckin' cracker.

You've done more with that young fella than a lot of lads will do in a lifetime.

Rest in Peace Ern Lad, run wild, run free.

Hope the pain eases soon.

Kindest regards, D.

• Like 1

I Keep coming on this thread today jim,,,, and then not knowing what to wright,,there's just not the words to say to you to give you any comfort ,,,so I won't ,,,,all I can say is what others have,,, about him having the best of life with you ..

R.I.P. Ern

• Like 5

thing is with working dogs this happens all the time i know of 4 dogs that have died this season 3 lurchers and a terrier n even though the lads were abit gutterd they never got too attached to the dogs as they no this can happen at anytime but obviously this was a pet as much as a working dog so feel for you

• Like 1

A true bond there between man and dog..not a tool of the trade but a man and his dare I say it a friend and companyen....jim your a credet to that dog and to the game..some one to look up to lads like myself just gettin in to the game..full respect here..realy sorry for your loss pal..I won't give you the chin up shit...

thing is with working dogs this happens all the time i know of 4 dogs that have died this season 3 lurchers and a terrier n even though the lads were abit gutterd they never got too attached to the dogs as they no this can happen at anytime but obviously this was a pet as much as a working dog so feel for you

Its got nothing to do with being a pet ... Its about a bond between man and dog ... When you live and breath dogs and they are with you day in day out all day in all weathers and all situations it becomes more than just a dog a tool for hunting the dog becomes your mate and you spend more time with them than your family ... I am lucky my dogs are with me all day every day we work together spend 16 hours a day together but this does have a down side as the bond goes beyond man and dog we are mates we rely on each other we know what we want to happen without saying anything there is a kind of deep rooted knowing between us BUT that means when the inevitable occurs it hurts deeper than just losing a dog .............

• Like 15

Thets not turn this in to a fight fellers. .jims last post hot home with me at that was there good men working dogs.not dicks whp whpuld move on so fast and sao oh well