Sturgeon, No Plan B

Sorry guys, I couldn't find the independance thread :laugh: The UK has said no to Scotland having the pound. I listen to sturgeon this morning, 3 times she was asked, what is your plan B? She still hasn't answered even when faced with the question, do you have a plan B? This is the clown we are supposed to have faith in. All she said was how it was all a bluff, watch them change there mind after the vote. That fills us with confidence you f***ing idiot of a woman.

UK Chancellor George Osborne is likely to rule out a formal currency union with an independent Scotland, government sources have told the BBC.

It came after the prime minister said Mr Osborne would set out details of the coalition's position this week.

The Scottish government wants to keep the pound in a currency union if there is a referendum "Yes" vote.

The deputy first minister claimed no currency deal would leave Westminster with all the UK debt.

Nicola Sturgeon said the position did not bear scrutiny and was a campaign manoeuvre in a bid to "bully Scotland".

'Difficult to justify'

According to BBC political correspondent Tim Reid, if the Treasury were to formally rule out a currency union it would pile huge pressure on Scottish ministers over which currency an independent Scotland would use, before the referendum in September.

On 18 September, voters in Scotland will be asked the Yes/No question: "Should Scotland be an independent country?"

Until now, the chancellor has said a currency union between Scotland and the rest of the UK - in the event of independence - would be "unlikely".

Answering questions at a Downing Street news conference on Tuesday, David Cameron said: ''I think it would be very difficult to justify a currency union post-independence."

Ms Sturgeon told BBC Radio's Good Morning Scotland programme that, in the space of a week, the Westminster establishment had gone from Mr Cameron's "love bombing" back to "bullying and intimidation".

She said: "It is a bluff, because if this was to be the position of the Westminster government then it would put them in a position that's at odds with majority public opinion in Scotland, it would put them at odds with majority public opinion in England.

"It would cost their own businesses hundreds of millions of pounds, it would blow a massive hole in their balance of payments and it would leave them having to pick up the entirety of UK debt."

The Scottish government has said Scotland should meet a fair share of the cost of servicing UK Treasury debt, but that "assets and liabilities" go together.

Ms Sturgeon said that no matter what Westminster said now, the reality would be very different if Scotland voted "Yes".

Meanwhile, MPs are due to discuss on Wednesday the issue of what currency Scotland would use if voters back independence.

Shadow business minister Ian Murray will lead a debate on the subject at Westminster.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thought this was a post about fish.........   I'm out..............

But surely scot, real independence if that's what you crave, means independent of everything? They don't want Independence, all they want is more power.

it does bother me,and prob bothers every other person like us in the uk.but im not prepared to give up what he have,on the off chance it "could" be better. my thinking is,it has taking a long long t

Posted Images

matt the rat deleted it, he just couldnt help himself lol

its not in the best interest of the uk to not give scotland the pound imo. but they should give the people an alternative if by chance it didnt happen, there just arrogant c**ts. they hyjacked the saltire as there party emblem,said it before those snp shower think they own scotland.

we have business ties,family friends living each side of the border,f**k some scots/english travel the border to work everyday. having to change currency every time they cross.they will soon get tired of that.

Oh i agree,i was just using common sense in my post,but i forgot none of those lot have any. he is like a wee dug with a bone is wee eck.

he is rattling about in spain just now,looking at green energy,thats the start of it,the weedick thinks he is king of scotland already,and off he trots round the globe telling any c**t who will listen how were getting bullied lol

never mind the quid not being guaranteed,he lied about the eu aswell. we will be allowed in, really well eck yoiur the only one who thinks so,and more importantly ya tube there no c**t wants anything to do wih europe lol

alex you keep doing exactly what your doing mate,and cammy will be owing me a ton come september hahah

• Like 1

Pmsl scot, it's a f***ing joke mate. I honestly can't see how anyone can take that pair seriously. If it wasn't such a serious issue the b*****ds have us in, we could all laugh at them.

She said: "It is a bluff, because if this was to be the position of the Westminster government then it would put them in a position that's at odds with majority public opinion in Scotland, it would put them at odds with majority public opinion in England.

Where is she getting this info from? :hmm: They're determined to portray this as an England vs Scotland vote ain't they, what about the rest of the UK? She's every bit as arrogant as any Tory politician IMO..

Where is she getting this info from? :hmm: They're determined to portray this as an England vs Scotland vote ain't they, what about the rest of the UK? She's every bit as arrogant as any Tory politician IMO..

i think your right but when its closer to the vote they will try any way to sway it there way

True mate. They are saying its bully tactics. As far as I can see, west minister has just clarified a question, something the SNP fail to do daily.

• Like 1