Groves Turns Down Froch Rematch.

local news is forests grounds been mentioned may 31st or the emerates -----froch is pushing for forest ground..... .ibf ruling on the rematch means groves entitled to 15% of purse which is less than the first offer that he turned down..

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This " offer " was only put to Groves because Hearn/Froch knew the Ibf were about to demand a rematch....which they did 2 days later..... A.To get their clauses and conditions in. B.To make it look

Froch does not rely on skill to win fights,he relys on his ability to take punishment and his exceptional fitness and to be fair it has brought him great success throughout his career. Froch is a stea

after all the shite groves as been spouting since the last fight and an appeal ------ maybe the ref did step in at the right time in the last fight groves will know the truth..

This " offer " was only put to Groves because Hearn/Froch knew the Ibf were about to demand a rematch....which they did 2 days later.....

A.To get their clauses and conditions in.

B.To make it look like Froch is pursuing Groves.........But Groves was a step ahead !........

One of the clauses was an immediate rematch if Froch lost.....another was that Groves is tied in to Hearn for his next 3 fights.........The 1 mill offer was simply because they knew Groves wouldnt accept those conditions and it would look like his bluff had been called...........Groves is carrying himself with confidence in that he can see further than this fight,its Froch/Hearn that are acting didgy in my opinion.

• Like 4

This " offer " was only put to Groves because Hearn/Froch knew the Ibf were about to demand a rematch....which they did 2 days later.....

B.To make it look like Froch is pursuing Groves.........But Groves was a step ahead !........

One of the clauses was an immediate rematch if Froch lost.....another was that Groves is tied in to Hearn for his next 3 fights.........The 1 mill offer was simply because they knew Groves wouldnt accept those conditions and it would look like his bluff had been called...........Groves is carrying himself with confidence in that he can see further than this fight,its Froch/Hearn that are acting didgy in my opinion.

Do you know what terms he was offered ?

If it happens Froch will start faster and have Groves stopped in the 7-8th this time around with
No arguments.

I will have a 100 quid to charity of our choice big fella that Groves wins

in money terms its 15% less...i dont know the ins n outs of it but just posted what was on local radio ..

If it go,s to purse bids Groves will be in a good position....a far better position than he would of been if he had accepted Hearns offer......if he wasnt confident of beating Froch he would of taken the offer but he has taken a confident stance.....

Mik if that bet was to me i normally never refuse a bet especially for charity but ive been bitten once too many times betting with folk on here ;)

• Like 1

If it go,s to purse bids Groves will be in a good position....a far better position than he would of been if he had accepted Hearns offer......if he wasnt confident of beating Froch he would of taken the offer but he has taken a confident stance.....

Mik if that bet was to me i normally never refuse a bet especially for charity but ive been bitten once too many times betting with folk on here ;)

See what you mean now, I thought he'd dropped bollock, quite the opposite if it goes to plan

If it happens Froch will start faster and have Groves stopped in the 7-8th this time around with

No arguments. froch couldnt start quick if he tried. Groves will bag the first three or four rounds and leave froch chaseing. Groves wont get as involved this time.

I will have a 100 quid to charity of our choice big fella that Groves wins

local news is forests grounds been mentioned may 31st or the emerates -----froch is pushing for forest ground..... .ibf ruling on the rematch means groves entitled to 15% of purse which is less than the first offer that he turned down..

31 st May,,, that's my birthday,,, be a good night out that,,, I'm only 10 mins from the city ground

Mik was talking max ,,,gnasher

31 st May,,, that's my birthday,,, be a good night out that,,, I'm only 10 mins from the city ground

be good if it was at forest for you then tomo :thumbs:

The IBF ordered the rematch as the Refereeing was inappropriate due to these flaws .

Ref never deducted any points for constant fouls despite issuing warnings

Ref stopped the fight from behind Groves back

Ref did not look into Groves eyes at time of stoppage

Ref was deemed to have stopped the fight too early by the IBF as Groves was fighting back throwing combinations,working his way off the ropes.

Let's not forget the Ref had " liked "a comment on a Facebook saying the fight would be stopped in the ninth round .

You know your stuff mate, quality posts :thumbs:

Froch does not rely on skill to win fights,he relys on his ability to take punishment and his exceptional fitness and to be fair it has brought him great success throughout his career. Froch is a steady away fighter and has always struggled with fast mobile boxers. Groves spent his own money to travel to the USA to lobby the IBF for the rematch , but people think he has bottled it for refusing the first offer, lol (read Gnashers post for more info) . Remember that Froch is Hearns Golden Egg.Adonis Stevenson was Frochs mandatory for over a year and is still calling him out now at either SMW or LHW, to avoid this fight Hearn got Kessler to fight Froch knowing a unification fight would take prececedence (sp) over a mandatory challenger. Hearn then got Froch a fight with Yusaf Mack a contender at best. Stevenson then moved up to LHW and with Ward fighting Rodriguez , Hearn then got the IBF to move Groves up to mandatory challenger for a stay busy fight for Froch against an unbeaten fighter. How wrong did they get that, there both still having nightmares now. Should the rematch happen only Groves can improve, Froch only has one way of fighting. Either Groves can stay away and box Frochs head off or Froch will catch him again in the later rounds. Hopefully this time we have a competent Ref that will let the fight finish with a satisfactory ending for both fighters and fans.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 3

Froch does not rely on skill to win fights,he relys on his ability to take punishment and his exceptional fitness and to be fair it has brought him great success throughout his career. Froch is a steady away fighter and has always struggled with fast mobile boxers. Groves spent his own money to travel to the USA to lobby the IBF for the rematch , but people think he has bottled it for refusing the first offer, lol (read Gnashers post for more info) . Remember that Froch is Hearns Golden Egg.Adonis Stevenson was Frochs mandatory for over a year and is still calling him out now at either SMW or LHW, to avoid this fight Hearn got Kessler to fight Froch knowing a unification fight would take prececedence (sp) over a mandatory challenger. Hearn then got Froch a fight with Yusaf Mack a contender at best. Stevenson then moved up to LHW and with Ward fighting Rodriguez , Hearn then got the IBF to move Groves up to mandatory challenger for a stay busy fight for Froch against an unbeaten fighter. How wrong did they get that, there both still having nightmares now. Should the rematch happen only Groves can improve, Froch only has one way of fighting. Either Groves can stay away and box Frochs head off or Froch will catch him again in the later rounds. Hopefully this time we have a competent Ref that will let the fight finish with a satisfactory ending for both fighters and fans.

:notworthy: quality post mate, most knowledgeable boxing post I've ever read on here :thumbs: