Imported Jagdterriers

In my experience, and from what my friends tell me, the vast majority of game is shot.

That makes all the difference, although I'm sure there'll be pockets of guys that dig educated game. They'll be the ones you want to get your stock from.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all due respect foxdropper..... I'll agree that they MIGHT not be any better for you than a terrier you have that is already doing everything you need it to.... But show me a terrier of any other

Turns out I do know a little bit about these dogs. A friend of mine bred the sire of this litter and owned the sire of both the dog and the bitch, named Vuk Phillip who was a son of Astor Asstraata. T

Sometimes people just want to see what the fuss is all about.....I was fortunate in that, I was able to hunt with a few jagds prior to even knowing what they were. I was impressed with not only the le

Jawn, you won't find the guy on the net. He spent his last few years with picking up dogs from this family/bloodline, and test them as hard as possible. He builds roofs so has plenty of time during the hunting season to go out with his dogs, not just on the weekends. Hunting them on approx 20000 ha, so has plenty of opportunity to check their value.

Please allow me to say some words about the price. Dogs are not expensives, paperwork and distance makes them expensive.

Same with - for example- me when imported some from there.

Credit to a guy on this forum who asked fair price for his pups, but traveling/ shipping cost made 3x price for me at the end. That's it. Petrol is petrol for all of us, paperwork also expensive everywhere.

• Like 1

jagd are allrounder will do abit of everything a bit like a good bedlington , they ll flush retrieve hold quarry you can dig to them there no better than anything we have here or any worse , all i want a terrier for is to dig with go in and stay till dug to if i wanted to flush to the gun and retrieve id get a spanial if i want to go boar hunting i take the alaunt s horses for courses and i totally agree with NBW the cost is the killer the only way id do it is make a holiday of it go for a week or so go hunting enjoy myself pick up my new dog and return that way you could justify it , but would i do it ???? as i said there no better or worse than the stuff here allready

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with the price at all and i wish the lad well .I also hope someone does end up with one or two because in spite of my earlier ranting i would like to see one go over here .Anyone thinking of it just needs to do a bit of research on the subject before committing themselves to something new.

• Like 1

Why don't y'all just get in your pickup, drive over there and see some dogs. Don't sound like it's much further than a trip across Texas.

These lads are paying nearly $10 a gallon, Jawn... Driving anywhere in Europe is a wallet emptier! ;)

• Like 2

Turns out I do know a little bit about these dogs. A friend of mine bred the sire of this litter and owned the sire of both the dog and the bitch, named Vuk Phillip who was a son of Astor Asstraata. This is Vuk or Wolfe.

vuk-filip3_zpsbeaa65d0.jpg

Here is his half brother Falcon Fax also off of Astor Asstraata who Zlatomir also owned.

falcon20fax20vom20sijux6_zpsb71ef3a1.jpg

I've had a bunch of dogs down from Astor.... but I had a bitch directly off of Vuk named Roxy od Zvezdani Gaj who was one of the best. She was a solid worker, but the kind you could only hunt once every few weeks. She threw some good pups that later earned their keep. Most of them are gone now... I think two are still alive. Roxy is still kicking though and living in Nebraska... She's either healing up.. or about to be. This is a picture of the litter mate brother to the dam of the litter. He wasn't my dog but I've spoken to the guy that owns or owned him...Not sure which is the case now.

576022_287001114718082_785687634_n_zpsf7

Krle od Jasen Gaja

Edited by jawn
  • Like 9

Turns out I do know a little bit about these dogs. A friend of mine bred the sire of this litter and owned the sire of both the dog and the bitch, named Vuk Phillip who was a son of Astor Asstraata. This is Vuk or Wolfe.

vuk-filip3_zpsbeaa65d0.jpg

Here is his half brother Falcon Fax also off of Astor Asstraata who Zlatomir also owned.

falcon20fax20vom20sijux6_zpsb71ef3a1.jpg

I've had a bunch of dogs down from Astor.... but I had a bitch directly off of Vuk named Roxy od Zvezdani Gaj who was one of the best. She was a solid worker, but the kind you could only hunt once every few weeks. She threw some good pups that later earned their keep. Most of them are gone now... I think two are still alive. Roxy is still kicking though and living in Nebraska... She's either healing up.. or about to be. This is a picture of the litter mate brother to the dam of the litter. He wasn't my dog but I've spoken to the guy that owns or owned him...Not sure which is the case now.

576022_287001114718082_785687634_n_zpsf7

Krle od Jasen Gaja

very nice,very strong capable looking terriers there a credit to you and a strong believer in what you keep,if I did live and hunt in a country with more relaxed hunting laws than the uk and was able to let my terriers run without the fear of them earthing themselves in badger setts {illegal in this country uk}there is no doubt I would give the jagd terrier a place in my kennels. unfortunately I have to keep within the law and keep my terriers on couplings ,and choose the earths for them to work instead of the terriers choosing the earths they want to work ,keep up the good work yis a very jealous alli

• Like 7