A Man After My Own Heart.................

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I particularly like no.9 !      

There comes a time when your little girl turns into a grown woman. Dad's are often the last to spot this. My daughter will be 27 next and has just set up home with her boyfriend. A nice lad with no ma

Hitting her, conning money or gifts out of her, abandoning her somewhere, allowing somebody to hurt her whilst he is with her, mental abuse, forcing some sort of sexual behaviour etc, if they split so

Question for all us Dads - how long does she have to go out with him (or indeed her) before number 2 no longer applies?

And I think you're Napper - he looks a bit of a big lad.

Edited by Blackbriar

Met my eldest daughters boyfriend on boxing day for the first time, great lad. Spent all afternoon talking about dogs and playstations! :D Mad coincidence, his lurcher is from the same litter as mine! :D

Nah.. My kids got the right to go out and live their lives the way they want to once they reach a certain age. (my eldest is 19) It's hard but you got to let them go their own way, make their own choices and make their own mistakes. I reckon once they grow up it's my job to sit back and be there for them if they want help. I'll only ever step in if needed.. :thumbs:

Nah.. My kids got the right to go out and live their lives the way they want to once they reach a certain age. (my eldest is 19) It's hard but you got to let them go their own way, make their own choices and make their own mistakes. I reckon once they grow up it's my job to sit back and be there for them if they want help. I'll only ever step in if needed.. :thumbs:

Well said Malt. Treat them like a 'princess' and let them think they can do not wrong at your peril!! My brother is married to one of those and she's a right c**t

it was rather scary when i was sent that very picture from a girl i "know"...the only bonus is ive been decoying with her dad a few times took her grandad shooting and fishing...and used to keeper with her brother.....aparently it all still stands thou :blink::huh:

question for the dads....what makes a good un and what makes a bad un!?

question for the dads....what makes a good un and what makes a bad un!?

Difficult one. I perceive it to be more on the dad that shapes the answer to that one...They either

a - welcome you and treat you well until you make his little girl cry / scratch his car / drop his gun

or

b - treat you with contempt and harbour nasty thoughts as you're doing unspeakable things to his precious daughter.

I'm in the 'a' camp at the moment with my father in law and plan to firmly camp myself in b when my little girl is old enough to date.

Edited by TheRealChuckNorris

Well I have got 3 girls 21, 19 and 17 and I treat all their boyfriends the same ... With utter indifference and an air of contempt ... They are not my mates they won't be my mate and at my daughters age they probably won't end up being their future husband so I ain't going to start getting all cosey and pally pally with them ... They are not allowed to stay at my house and I make it pretty plain that if they mess my girls around all hell will visit them with a vengeance ... Saying that my middle girls boyfriend is a very polite lad, plays rugby and when one of their mates took the piss a little to far he put him in a headlock and threw him around a bit to teach him a lesson ... So he is growing on me ... It also helps when my boy is just over 6 foot built like a brick shit house and is pretty good at the old kick boxing ... Their boyfriends tend to behave themselves :laugh: ..........

• Like 2

I only have one rule really for my daughters now husband , if he messes her about then its up to her to sort it out but if he knocks her about then its up to me to sort it out . You can end up as the bad guy in every bodies eyes including your daughters if you stick your nose in too much.

• Like 3

Well said mate, nothing worse than over powering parents, just a form of bullying. The hardest part of parenting IMO isn't bringing them up, it's letting them go. The last thing I'd want is my daughter to be embarrassed to bring a boyfriend home to meet me cos I might act like macho man. More chance of them not telling you if the relationship turns sour.

• Like 2