British Boxers

Noel was my mates brother-in-law, as kids we thought and hoped he'd go all the way but bad life and training choices put pay to that, oh yer and Lennox put the final nail in the coffin!

Here he is at his best...

He races pigeons paul :thumbs:

I know mate... :thumbs:

His lad box's for the solly he's about 18

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you got it in one joe calzaghe like it or lump it his record is second to none

Used to love watching conteh didnt reach his potential in my opinion.Quite handy with his head also.

jimmy wilde, is that an old welsh fly weight they called (the ghost with a hammer in his fist) obviously because he had a belting knock out punch

Noel was my mates brother-in-law, as kids we thought and hoped he'd go all the way but bad life and training choices put pay to that, oh yer and Lennox put the final nail in the coffin!

he was up the north east for a while years back. hartlepool springs to mind? i remember watching him spar when i was a young lad in a gim glenn mccrory had at the time. glenns older brother, gary was in with him. my pal and i used to love it. glenn was invited to most of the north east venues and he used to take us with him. ringside tickets for nowt. great times

he was up the north east for a while years back. hartlepool springs to mind? i remember watching him spar when i was a young lad in a gim glenn mccrory had at the time. glenns older brother, gary was in with him. my pal and i used to love it. glenn was invited to most of the north east venues and he used to take us with him. ringside tickets for nowt. great times

:thumbs:

who would you consider the best heres a few calzagne lewis mcguigan honeygan bruno benn eubank conteh cooper hatton hamed marsh collins haye

I think you'll find that a couple of boxers in your list are not British.

Also, IMO how on earth can the names Lewis and Cooper even be in the same sentence ???????

who would you consider the best heres a few calzagne lewis mcguigan honeygan bruno benn eubank conteh cooper hatton hamed marsh collins haye

Also, IMO how on earth can the names Lewis and Cooper even be in the same sentence ???????

lewis was undisputed heavy weight champion of the world cooper fought and put down one of the best heavyweights of all time he lost admittedly and cooper was a british and european champion so i included him and if you tell me whos not british i will take there name down neil

Edited by blackmaggie

lewis was undisputed heavy weight champion of the world cooper put down one of the best heavyweights of all time who had to buy extra time in the corner because many thought he was out on his feet [it caused a bit of a stir at the time ] and may of lost and cooper was british and empire champion so i included him and if you tell me whos not british i will take there name down neil

He was up @ 4 sec's Maggie and walked back to his corner very fonzie-like.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/tribute-to-rochdale-thunderbolt-965075

Peterlee... We went up with the terriers, had a couple of good days.

lewis was undisputed heavy weight champion of the world cooper put down one of the best heavyweights of all time who had to buy extra time in the corner because many thought he was out on his feet [it caused a bit of a stir at the time ] and may of lost and cooper was british and empire champion so i included him and if you tell me whos not british i will take there name down neil

He was up @ 4 sec's Maggie and walked back to his corner very fonzie-like.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/tribute-to-rochdale-thunderbolt-965075

cheers one red trim just read about the fight sounded like some made more of the time about clays split glove which took 65 seconds to replace than coopers bad cut before the knock down

lewis was undisputed heavy weight champion of the world cooper fought and put down one of the best heavyweights of all time he lost admittedly and cooper was a british and european champion so i included him and if you tell me whos not british i will take there name down neil

Barry McGuigan and Steve Collins are both Irish but McGuigan is what we'd probably call a Plastic Paddy.

Lennox Lewis was a heavy weight champ when IMO the heavy weight championship was at it's worst EVER. Let's face it, when a european is a heavy weight champ it shows that boxing is in trouble.

Cooper however was a top class boxer in what cannot be disputed as was the golden age of boxing, hence IMO Cooper was the best boxer you's Brits ever produced.

I think you're undercooking lenny baby a touch there Neil, you could think when was the last european Olympic gold winner at heavy, ko-ing the yank...and of course the obvious counter of him boxing for Canada is rather null and void cause the man himself (sematics aside) is/was olympic and undisputed World champion. Atlas, Steward and Foreman thinking he was probably the greatest heavy ever is simply an opinion...but nevertheless an intresting one coming from Yanks chatting heavys.

Edited by oneredtrim