Coursing.changing Public Opinion

coursing has always been an easy target,surely its understandable why the landowners got the hump,where there was a good amout of hares,there would be problems,newmarket for instance,every week a particular shoot would have undesirables on the place,so that being the tip of the iceberg, the landowners,keepers, and police got together and formed "operation dornier",if you were even seen with a dog it was presumed you were up to no good,signs up everywhere,its the twats who drive the fields and wreck the place that we have to thank for that,organised coursing meetings where easy for the antis to hit because you were there fo the day i remember one year at the waterloo cup, antis everywhere with the police up there arses,if you got caught scraping you were nicked,and even up there lads where trying to run hares 3 days before the meeting, what the feck are they brain damaged,so realisticly we owe them a big pat on the back for being high profile and fcuking it up for others,hunting folk and lurcher men have never mixed,i know old fellas that would,nt even talk about what they do, keep their heads down and still have the craic with a dog, cause no problem to anyone,have their sport and leave,the way i see it less said best mended.

I knew a lad around nm in 90-00 got out a bit never had any trouble,walking places run or two of,on he's own sprinting dog so he could know he wasn't going to slip a dog and it end up in next parish.

Trouble is and always was lads going mob handed with a f??k it attitude.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its all been said before . but for what its worth , ive got an old school mentality, and don't believe in telling everone my doings..   so maybe the gobshites that tell everyone w

If you have permission you cannot be found guilty. The law does not stipulate which breed of dog can be used for ferreting, or for flushing to the falcon, or to the gun, or indeed just rabbiting. It a

Nothing worse than hare shoots witnessed 1 myself idiots beating hares to line of guns just of the A1 it was whjolesale slaughter hares hadn't a chance at leasy they have a sporting chance when course

i was at work the other day, on a farm at boroughbridge, the hunt (foxhounds) had all the cars 4x4s horse trailers and horse boxes parked up for about half a mile along the grass verge on a narrow lane, all the followers were there, the hunt on horseback, more horses, and of course the hounds,

during this some protestors came on foot, (young university types) and started shouting verbal abuse at the hunt,

someone from the hunt phoned the police who arrived about 5 minutes later, lots of police cars and vans and 4x4s, and shortly afterwards the 4 or 5 protestors were taken away in police cars,

this whole thing took place over about half an hour, it was still early morning,

for the rest of the day probably about 9 am till 3 pm, 2 or 3 police officers and a couple of strategically placed police vehicles, stayed and protected the hunt vehicles, whilst the hunt went out and enjoyed a days hunting :whistling::whistling::whistling: i could hear the police officers having friendly chat with some of the hunt people and a bit of laughing and giggling, which i personally found quite nauseating,

one rule for one, and one rule for another now it appears

if coursing was still legal, i would like to think that the same protection would have been afforded by the police, however unless it was a large club i just dont think it would ever have happened, the police react to publicity in the same way as politicians, revel in the good stuff and hide from the bad, the problem i have with all this them and us bollocks is, faced with the ban the hunts adapted and continued indeed they are now flourishing, the coursing boys did nothing!! yet 8 years later are now in shock about the fact the hunts are now pretty much left alone and the attention is now on them. maybe a club approach with scent trails or simulation is/was the way to go. it has worked for the hound and beagle packs afterall

i couldn't agree more paulus, its not the strong that go forwards,,,,,,, its those that can "adapt" :thumbs:

• Like 1

they are not going to relent, its going to get more and more difficult to work lurchers, were attacked from all sides, police.rspca.landowners.media and even our own sporting publications, what chance have we realistically got. already lost dogs.kit.cars.phones.computers even liberty what next public hangings!!

it tolt ye there be public hangings the udder week and by gum ye better believe it suneer or later it be here

they are not going to relent, its going to get more and more difficult to work lurchers, were attacked from all sides, police.rspca.landowners.media and even our own sporting publications, what chance have we realistically got. already lost dogs.kit.cars.phones.computers even liberty what next public hangings!!

...even our own sporting publications: dead right Paulus. In a recent article in the Countryside Alliance magazine the only mention of lurchers was when the writer said something about poaching: can't remember exactly. I was so angry I threw the mag in the bin immediately. I'll be writing a letter to them!

hope you have better luck than me skycat.i spent ages writing a letter about just that and never been printed they only print what they deem politically correct hope you have better luck .and merry xmas to you and a .

...even our own sporting publications: dead right Paulus. In a recent article in the Countryside Alliance magazine the only mention of lurchers was when the writer said something about poaching: can't remember exactly. I was so angry I threw the mag in the bin immediately. I'll be writing a letter to them!

hope you have better luck than me skycat.i spent ages writing a letter about just that and never been printed they only print what they deem politically correct hope you have better luck .and merry xmas to you and a .

Well at least you tried.atb johnny

• Like 1

Would it have made any difference if the Coursing clubs had muzzled the Greyhounds, heard this subject was brought up at their AGMs but they refused.

The NCC looked at muzzling a few years before the ban as a last resort.An 8dog stake was put on to be run with greyhounds muzzled I was the slipper and after 3 slips the stake was halted as the greyhounds were battering the hares into the ground unable to get a grip on them and that was the end of that idea

Y.I.S Leeview

if coursing was still legal, i would like to think that the same protection would have been afforded by the police, however unless it was a large club i just dont think it would ever have happened, the police react to publicity in the same way as politicians, revel in the good stuff and hide from the bad, the problem i have with all this them and us bollocks is, faced with the ban the hunts adapted and continued indeed they are now flourishing, the coursing boys did nothing!! yet 8 years later are now in shock about the fact the hunts are now pretty much left alone and the attention is now on them. maybe a club approach with scent trails or simulation is/was the way to go. it has worked for the hound and beagle packs afterall

Coursing under rules the police often called in on a meeting on their patch as they were told out of curtisy that a meeting was taking place. The oldest Coursing club actually had a Chief Super Intendant as their secretary and his wife was a coursing judge.

....the coursing boys did nothing...How did that case go with Clarrissa,Sir Mark and the landowners in court after covert filming of them at a field trial in 2007? And the other case with Mary B in Swaffham?

Y.I.S Leeview

coursing has always been an easy target,surely its understandable why the landowners got the hump,where there was a good amout of hares,there would be problems,newmarket for instance,every week a particular shoot would have undesirables on the place,so that being the tip of the iceberg, the landowners,keepers, and police got together and formed "operation dornier",if you were even seen with a dog it was presumed you were up to no good,signs up everywhere,its the twats who drive the fields and wreck the place that we have to thank for that,organised coursing meetings where easy for the antis to hit because you were there fo the day i remember one year at the waterloo cup, antis everywhere with the police up there arses,if you got caught scraping you were nicked,and even up there lads where trying to run hares 3 days before the meeting, what the feck are they brain damaged,so realisticly we owe them a big pat on the back for being high profile and fcuking it up for others,hunting folk and lurcher men have never mixed,i know old fellas that would,nt even talk about what they do, keep their heads down and still have the craic with a dog, cause no problem to anyone,have their sport and leave,the way i see it less said best mended.

You say coursing meetings were easy for the anti's????? in over 28yrs sometimes coursing 4-5days a week throughout the season in all the years I only ever saw anti's at the Waterloo Cup and the Greyhound 2000 Festival and you only got the antis on the first day on the Withens. Why? because the tv crews were there for that day not the 2nd or 3rd day so no publicity for them

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 3

if coursing was still legal i would also still like to see it afforded police protection from antis, but it isn't legal, and neither was the fox hunt last week, yet north yorkshire police were out in force to the hunts rescue, protecting them from 4 or 5 malnourished, pot noodle munching, little university students

my gripe isn't with the hunt or the antis, its with the police of today. as has been said before the police make up the rules depending on how they are feeling that day

if coursing was still legal i would also still like to see it afforded police protection from antis, but it isn't legal, and neither was the fox hunt last week, yet north yorkshire police were out in force to the hunts rescue, protecting them from 4 or 5 malnourished little university students

my gripe isn't with the hunt or the antis, its with the police of today.

Cocker, that hunt isn't just being 'protected' by the police , they are sometimes targetted by them too, undercover ops, videoing to try and get enough evidence to make a charge stick as what happened last year.

The hunts are carrying on, good luck to 'em, they have the landowners blessings and it's 'business as usual'. Good on them I say, we're all in it together.

• Like 6

The law says no coursing , its your choice to observe the law or break it. If you choose to break it dont whinge whine and publish shit on websites just get out incognito and do what you do, if it comes on top fight it in the court to many lads are ready to roll over for a tresspass in search of game this strengthens the hand of the Police, the RSPCA and the antis. The down fall of most coursers is the knob measuring and the matching on internet web sites. loose lips lead to prosecutions. silence is the name of the game, atb All in it together isnt that Camerons theme tune?

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 3

fair enough JD i actually love to see the hunt out, good luck to them, what ime getting at is it is just as illegal as coursing really if you take all the "garnish" off it,

if they had been coursers cars down that lane then ?????????????????????

on another theme me and my mate got pulled off a traffic cop with 4 dogs in the back of the car, and it would have been pretty obvious what we were about, he pulled us as the car showed no insurance at first, (although it was genuinely insured and the officer was later satisfied with this) he was a fair copper, he let us go and told us to have a good day,

just imagine how this could have turned out for us if we had been pulled off a copper who wanted to show his authority, i think he could have been a tad more difficult,

i suppose what ime saying is i don't think the police have to be as harsh on coursing lads as they are,

If you have permission you cannot be found guilty. The law does not stipulate which breed of dog can be used for ferreting, or for flushing to the falcon, or to the gun, or indeed just rabbiting. It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it.

Cocker, yes, some police do have a chip on their shoulder and it seems that there's some kind of crazy 'crack-down' going on to try and sicken people.

The thing is; no matter what corrupt government minister tries to tell us, no matter how the bullying bobby tries to disrupt us, when there's a swish of stubble, the golden brown form erupts and heads across the field and your dogs a-straining on his slip, none of what they think matters.

One day Operation Gallileo will be forgotten about and lads will still be out on the land.

• Like 12

one of the difficulties in my area is that the police go around the farms and advise landowners not to give permission to "dog lads" then comes the sting in the tail, as the police warn the farmer that if they do give permission and people are found to be hare coursing or pursuing other stuff with dogs, then the landowner farmer may be found to be condoning breaking the law and treated accordingly

i know a few people who have actually lost permission because of this,

from my point of view these are the same police officers in the same location, in my local area who were protecting the hunt,

are the land owners who allow the hunt on there land condoning breaking the law ?

i like it :thumbs:

Cocker, yes, some police do have a chip on their shoulder and it seems that there's some kind of crazy 'crack-down' going on to try and sicken people.

The thing is; no matter what corrupt government minister tries to tell us, no matter how the bullying bobby tries to disrupt us, when there's a swish of stubble, the golden brown form erupts and heads across the field and your dogs a-straining on his slip, none of what they think matters.

One day Operation Gallileo will be forgotten about and lads will still be out on the land.