Royal Marine Sergeant Alexander Blackman Sentenced Later Today.

The british army have always been a proffesional,well diciplined army.treated there pows within the rules etc. what happened here went against all of the latter,what it made it worse it became public. and therfore he had to be dealt with. and seen to be aswell.

like i said it was a harsh sentence imo and i doubt he will serve a lengthy time,once the heat dies down.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today the RM Sergeant is sentenced today after killing an enemy insurgent during war time. Some politicians probably 99.99% Of them have condemned him and said he should get no favourable treatment.

Well I'll name him...   Sgt Alexander Blackman the patriots of your country haven't forgotten you!     Per Mare Per Terram

i have mixed feelings about this.on one. were there to stop this sort of thing arent we?opressive regimes who kill without trial or compassion. certainly not the type of thing we wish our forces to

Posted Images

The government of this nation has let this soldier down. A professional soldier. Committed a crime found guilty , he was wearing a uniform in a war zone under the command of an international force , he was tried under a british military Court , he should now serve his sentence in a military. Prison , the cowards of Whitehall Hang your heads in shame

• Like 3

If i may be so bold as to say there may well be one or two lads in the country who still hunt foxes, deer or hares with dogs (shocking i know and there certainly wont be any on this forum Im sure) but somewhere I'll bet theres one or two lads that still might course hares, fox and deer.

If those lads go out, do their sport, and go home. and somebody reports them to the police....unless the police actually see them doing the act, they would struggle to get a conviction. However if those lads, take videos and pictures of them coursing hares, deer and fox , and leave them on their computer. When they get reported, they will be found, and used as evidence to secure a conviction.

Granted a mistake was made 'oops i forgot to turn my camera off' but then delete it. dont store a load of incriminating evidence on your computer.

If i may be so bold as to say there may well be one or two lads in the country who still hunt foxes, deer or hares with dogs (shocking i know and there certainly wont be any on this forum Im sure) but somewhere I'll bet theres one or two lads that still might course hares, fox and deer.

If those lads go out, do their sport, and go home. and somebody reports them to the police....unless the police actually see them doing the act, they would struggle to get a conviction. However if those lads, take videos and pictures of them coursing hares, deer and fox , and leave them on their computer. When they get reported, they will be found, and used as evidence to secure a conviction.

Granted a mistake was made 'oops i forgot to turn my camera off' but then delete it. dont store a load of incriminating evidence on your computer.

he didn't one of the other two did

i know some of them turned it off. but you still have a video of one of your oppos doing what will be classed in a court of law as a murder...should have had the sense to do the right thing and delete it. thats the only reason they got caught, and its not him getting sent down. Some friend.

i know some of them turned it off. but you still have a video of one of your oppos doing what will be classed in a court of law as a murder...should have had the sense to do the right thing and delete it. thats the only reason they got caught, and its not him getting sent down. Some friend.

agreed downloading onto a laptop was the most stupidest thing imaginable to do

The british army have always been a proffesional,well diciplined army.treated there pows within the rules etc. what happened here went against all of the latter,what it made it worse it became public. and therfore he had to be dealt with. and seen to be aswell.

like i said it was a harsh sentence imo and i doubt he will serve a lengthy time,once the heat dies down.

I am not condemning or defending anyone here but we most certainly have not. Simply look at historical televised footage from the Falklands where we sent Argentine PoW troops in to clear booby traps round ammo/fuel supplies. There are many, many examples from many war/conflict zones where we have not not stuck to the rules. Let us be realistic here, there is one basic rule in war....WIN. It is seldom you see the victors in the dock after any war being charged with not keeping to the rules, but commonly the vanquished! :hmm: :hmm:

We may be better than many, but we most certainly do not stick to all the rules, the real difference here, as you point out, is that it was filmed and ended up in the public domain.

Let us not fool ourselves that we are whiter than white, unfortunately this guy got caught and hung out to dry.

The world is full of hypocracy just the same, in simple terms the World and the UN refused to sanction the US/UK/etc., second episode weapons of mass destruction debacle against Iraq. There was World condemnation before, during and after that it was illegal, so every hostile death was Murder, but I don't see Presidents or Prime Ministers in the dock, because, despite all the huffing and puffing from the world it actually suited many countries that Saddam was gone!

This whole episode with Sgt Blackman is unfortunate, on many levels, to say the least.

• Like 2

the whole serving army in afghan should refuse to work.see what happens then.u can get pissed a run someover killing them and get a much lesser sentence.

Totally see your resoning with that....

But refusing to work in afghan would put peoples safety at risk....HUGE risk....

The sangers are manned my soldiers... the cameras by soldiers... the vehicles...the checkpoints... the airfields...

The list goes on.

Not to mention guys have their eyes on that 'new car'... and the wife has already spent the bonus :laugh: ...

Edited by B.P.R

I am not condemning or defending anyone here but we most certainly have not. Simply look at historical televised footage from the Falklands where we sent Argentine PoW troops in to clear booby traps round ammo/fuel supplies. There are many, many examples from many war/conflict zones where we have not not stuck to the rules. Let us be realistic here, there is one basic rule in war....WIN. It is seldom you see the victors in the dock after any war being charged with not keeping to the rules, but commonly the vanquished! :hmm: :hmm:

We may be better than many, but we most certainly do not stick to all the rules, the real difference here, as you point out, is that it was filmed and ended up in the public domain.

Let us not fool ourselves that we are whiter than white, unfortunately this guy got caught and hung out to dry.

The world is full of hypocracy just the same, in simple terms the World and the UN refused to sanction the US/UK/etc., second episode weapons of mass destruction debacle against Iraq. There was World condemnation before, during and after that it was illegal, so every hostile death was Murder, but I don't see Presidents or Prime Ministers in the dock, because, despite all the huffing and puffing from the world it actually suited many countries that Saddam was gone!

This whole episode with Sgt Blackman is unfortunate, on many levels, to say the least.

+1 if there were helmet cams in the Falklands, there may well have been a lot of Paras in the dock at some stage or other...

+1 if there were helmet cams in the Falklands, there may well have been a lot of Paras in the dock at some stage or other...

hand to hand in trenches, shovels and bayonets

When needs must!

Was thinking more of the American mercenaries and the Argies that got 'white sauced'...