Warren Not Sett

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when there's a lot of holes , up hear we call it a " F@k netting that up" ..

Cheers ant will sleep tonight now : )

thanks for that i'll be doing the setts in the morning then   wonder what lives in a den then   i'm going to call them holes from now on, I wont get confused and make myself look like a tit on he

Posted Images

Ha ha, up here we always called them big Burys, not Warrens, or sets, a set here was always the place you would run oot your longnet.

I have started using the word set to describe a so called Warren, this is down to hearing it being said a lot by my ferreting partner, who being a Cumbrian Lad, I just thought it was a local Cumbrian saying.

Sorry for boring you all with my tuppence worth.

AND ITS NOT A HOLE, ITS A BURY. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I believe the reason for calling them sets is, when deciding which set of holes to net up, after you've worked out how many separate warrens there are in front of you, as some warrens are so close to each other, giving the illusion of one super warren, hence sets (of holes in a warren) :thumbs:

• Like 1

But when it comes to it its still a rabbit warren isnt it.

Or a bury depends which part of the country you are from. As a bye, what do you call a rabbit warren that has part been taken over by badgers where the rabbits and badgers are living side by side in the same holes?

TC

Paulus beat me to it. :laugh:

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 1

But when it comes to it its still a rabbit warren isnt it.

Or a bury depends which part of the country you are from. As a bye, what do you call a rabbit warren that has part been taken over by badgers where the rabbits and badgers are living side by side in the same holes?

TC

Paulus beat me to it. :laugh:

When they all live together that's called jailbait lol

• Like 2