Before The Saluki And Bull

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were the same,...never worried about the exact breeding,...it just didn't enter our heads...

28 years ago when i was 10 i ran a springer x lab with my ferrets cos it was all my mum would let me have, it was me best mate and to be fair was feckin useless, rabbit bolted in the net dog picked it

I seen my first saluki in the 70s a lad my dad new had it that come from the exchange and mart, as did most dogs that were breed out of are area or you did not no from hear say. hear an old pick I hav

started with a collie x nearly 40 yrs ago, still got one but had a wee bit of variety here and there, often with a little deerhound somewhere in the mix ..............'before salukis' though, there one of the oldest types, theres not much before them

I,v run mostly DH cross,s and a few Collie cross,s too, i liked the 3/4 GH 1/4 DH on Hares but since the change in the law i,v down sized to 3/4 Whippet 1/4 beddy, i find it easyer to get permission with a smaller dog these days plus if i havent got permission i find it easyer to bullshit myself out of a situation, i do feel us over 50's had it good for many years compared to the young fellas of today, with the bans in place, mobile phones and effing helicopters. Iam still not keen on Sal or Bull blood in my dogs though but that may be an age thing, atb, buster.

• Like 5