Ida Coyote Coursing Season 2013-14

id never pull on a dogs tail like that, madness,…two reasons…you'll injure the dogs tail,…also, if there jaw to jaw, you'll only cause more damage to the dogs face and mouth….just my thoughts, not my dog.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We started a little slow this year catching one here one there, but picked up the slack yesterday and caught 4. I picked up a and new female during the summer and got her on two and she didn't disappo

December 6th , 2013     Words from Uphill- Steve Thomas passed away today. He was in the end stages of cancer. He knew he had a very short time left, but never complained and only asked th

i suppose the dogs are there to be tested ...running em to ground then shooting them aint testing them imo. Granted its frowned upon over here but its probably the done thing over there. No different

Posted Images

Those fellas have never dug to a terrier. They have no idea it could hurt one, but truth is with the dog not wedged in, I wouldnt worry to much about hangin onto the tail. They arent machines, but they arent made of glass either...

Take care.

• Like 2

drawing a yote ,..........wouldn't it of been easier too shoot it while you had the chance, understand if you didn't have a shooter .......just don't agree inflicting punishment for the sake of it ......great thread .....and please don't take that as personal , I like a humane and as quick as possible dispatch .......all the best

• Like 1

drawing a yote ,..........wouldn't it of been easier too shoot it while you had the chance, understand if you didn't have a shooter .......just don't agree inflicting punishment for the sake of it ......great thread .....and please don't take that as personal , I like a humane and as quick as possible dispatch .......all the best

i suppose the dogs are there to be tested ...running em to ground then shooting them aint testing them imo. Granted its frowned upon over here but its probably the done thing over there. No different to letting it run for the hounds i'd imagine .

• Like 9

I don't think its testing them , I think it causes unnecessary injuries to both ,........there were times pre ban that a drawing dog had its uses in certain circumstances .....and in that situation , I think jaw too jaw , ahead shot would of been sensible,..........in stead of struggling for so long ....

don't get me wrong im nothing against preban when they use too draw ......... but it would be over within a matter of seconds ,......inn draw and killed,.....

not knowing much about yotes or hunting yotes,.......there quite evenly matched and would take some drawing ,........(maybe wrong and I don't mean in weight ,but if that was a fox it would of been out and dead).

easy too criticise as they may not of had a gun handy, but out hunting , decisions need to be made for the welfare first of our dogs and secondly for the quarry ........

many dogs will lock on or fight at the entrance of a hole ,........and they would for a long time , its dog eats dog ,.....but if the job aint going to be done quick and efficiently, then my point is , instead of watching them punish each other , needs somebody with a bit of sense too get a shooter and kill it....

the mentality of some people , im sure a lot like too see the fight , instead of the purpose which is wrong......just my opionion , and like I said if they didn't have a shooter then it could of been a lot of punishment for both ,.......

f**k all the bollix talk you work your dogs how yous like. I don't condemn any form of hunting and like to see the big dogs going into the dark and drawing as it was always the test off balls luchers too. you work how yous want because it could be taken away from you in th future and then you have the memories to look at after. and if the dogs didn't want to do it then they can very easily walk out of the stop. keep er lit fellas its good reading

• Like 4

The dog IS the gun in my rig. Odds are, the reason the coyote got in the hole in the first place is because the other dogs wernt tough enough to stop it. Make enough excuses for your dogs and soon you wont even have to take them...

Whippet 99-I think you summed it up..."not knowing much about yotes or hunting yotes"

Take care.

Edited by UphillDoc
  • Like 6

The dog IS the gun in my rig. Odds are, the reason the coyote got in the hole in the first place is because the other dogs wernt tough enough to stop it. Make enough excuses for your dogs and soon you wont even have to take them...

Whippet 99-I think you summed it up..."not knowing much about yotes or hunting yotes"

Take care.

make sence if the stags done the right job 1st, as you say maybe the yote wouldn't have gone to ground ?

The vast majority of us, in 'ol Blighty, know feck all about 'yote hunting' and how it works for those guys, we work from a 'limited' point of view and sometimes these open forums may seem far to 'open', for all the folk that want to have their say.... From what I see and read on these American thred's, dogs are judged purely on ability alone...!

:thumbs: