But that's the way the law works. I'll put this to you gnasher, thousands of people text while driving, thousands get caught and get fined and 3 penalty points. If one of them texting happens to run over a child while texting they get done for manslaughter. Are you saying they shouldn't be cos they were just unlucky? The outcome of any crime (child neglects a crime) determins the penalty opposed, of course it does.

So what your saying is a person is either guilty..........OR.......they are unlucky.......they cant possibly be both ?

If 50 people commit the same crime in the same circumstances and 49 of them get away with it are those 49 people lucky ? common sense tells me they are............ common sense also tells me unlucky is the opposite to lucky.

Of course they should be punished if they are caught thats not the point.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A matter of choice?......we are talking about kids not a pair of f***ing shoes! Every parent in the world sometimes wishes they could just go off and do whatever they feel like without having to thin

Fair enough reply but I'm sorry matey, a mistake is when you put petrol instead of diesel in your motor, it's cutting your finger with a bread knife or forgetting to put the kids dinner money in their

I don't know how far legally no and I don't care, look at the hunting laws and its plain to see the lawmakers ain't got our best interest and common sense in mind when passing there shitty laws. I hav

Posted Images

Looks like I`m not the only one who " misunderstood " the question then mate !

Fair do,s.....hopefully i just explained it above :thumbs: .......If you wouldnt call it lucky/unlucky what would you call that scenario then mate just out of interest ?

Fair do,s.....hopefully i just explained it above :thumbs: .......If you wouldnt call it lucky/unlucky what would you call that scenario then mate just out of interest ?

Hi mate it`s not the fact that I wouldn't call the scenario lucky or unlucky it`s the fact that they left those poor children on their own which in my opinion goes against human nature itself so I can`t see how luck comes into in any way ,

If it was acceptable for parents to leave their children alone but 90 % of children got kidnapped but your children were in the 10% that were safe..... THEN I could see why that would be classed as lucky or unlucky .....but it`s not and never will be acceptable to leave your children alone so I just find it wrong to talk about luck in this particular case . I don`t normally get involved with no win debates but this thread has hit a nerve ! atb mate !

Big question 2.

Why would you kill your own kid?

Or hiide the body if there had been an accident FFS?

Cheers, D.

Why do any of these things happen.....but we know they do.

Hi mate it`s not the fact that I wouldn't call the scenario lucky or unlucky it`s the fact that they left those poor children on their own which in my opinion goes against human nature itself so I can`t see how luck comes into in any way ,

If it was acceptable for parents to leave their children alone but 90 % of children got kidnapped but your children were in the 10% that were safe..... THEN I could see why that would be classed as lucky or unlucky .....but it`s not and never will be acceptable to leave your children alone so I just find it wrong to talk about luck in this particular case . I don`t normally get involved with no win debates but this thread has hit a nerve ! atb mate !

Its a subject that stirs up emotions in anyone mate......im simply making the point that where the knives are out for the Mcanns and the Mcanns only there were other people with them that night who did exactly what they did yet we barely know their names............for me luck and luck only plays a huge part in the reason we dont know their names.........that doesnt excuse the Mcanns it doesnt take blame away and it doesnt make what they did any less.............as in any crime luck good or bad can be the difference between a great result and a terrible result........thats all im saying.

I'm loving this thread. Because it gives me a focus for my hatred and anger, just reading much of it.

I nearly f**king imploded over April Jones. But, at least That c***'s inside now, and has taken the first cut.

These c***s though? They've killed their own f**king chavvy and are now laughing all the way to the bank on milking the story about how some c*** else is responsible!

No One 'Abducted' that little girl, FFS! She was DEAD in the f**king apartment. DEAD in the motor. She was DEAD on day one.

But that's the way the law works. I'll put this to you gnasher, thousands of people text while driving, thousands get caught and get fined and 3 penalty points. If one of them texting happens to run over a child while texting they get done for manslaughter. Are you saying they shouldn't be cos they were just unlucky? The outcome of any crime (child neglects a crime) determins the penalty opposed, of course it does.

So what your saying is a person is either guilty..........OR.......they are unlucky.......they cant possibly be both ?

If 50 people commit the same crime in the same circumstances and 49 of them get away with it are those 49 people lucky ? common sense tells me they are............ common sense also tells me unlucky is the opposite to lucky.

I'm struggling to see what your point is gnash. This was your 'point'that I was answering above, what's your point now?

Yes im not disputing they was wrong we know that................my question is was they unlucky ?............If 50 bad people do wrong but only 1 has a bad outcome are there 49 lucky people or 1 unlucky ?...........and should people be punished for bad luck ?

Its a subject that stirs up emotions in anyone mate......im simply making the point that where the knives are out for the Mcanns and the Mcanns only there were other people with them that night who did exactly what they did yet we barely know their names............for me luck and luck only plays a huge part in the reason we dont know their names.........that doesnt excuse the Mcanns it doesnt take blame away and it doesnt make what they did any less.............as in any crime luck good or bad can be the difference between a great result and a terrible result........thats all im saying.

Love that last line gnash,,,lol

I'm struggling to see what your point is gnash. This was your 'point'that I was answering above, what's your point now?

Yes im not disputing they was wrong we know that................my question is was they unlucky ?............If 50 bad people do wrong but only 1 has a bad outcome are there 49 lucky people or 1 unlucky ?...........and should people be punished for bad luck ?

Stone me it's not that difficult is it...... My point is the only thing separating the Mcanns and the other couples round the table that night.......... is luck.

You asked the question should people be punished for bad luck, I pointed out an example, you said that wasn't the point!!! Reading through this thread, your the only guy who has a clue what your real point is. If you want us to agree they were unlucky then in some warped way they were unlucky. Unlucky that out of all the folk taking the risk by neglecting their children, they were the ones who got taught the harsh lesson why the majority of good parents don't neglect their children this way. Can you imagine phoning them up and saying chin up, gnash says you were just unlucky pmsl.

Stone me it's not that difficult is it...... My point is the only thing separating the Mcanns and the other couples round the table that night.......... is luck.

Would any responsible parent leave their child's wellbeing and safety to luck? I don't think so. They were negligent in what they did and they are the reason that Maddie is missing, for whatever reason she is missing, whether she was abducted, or whether something happened to her in their apartment. She is missing because of their negligent actions, no other reason. I feel very sorry for poor Maddie, whatever has happened to her but I have not one ounce of sympathy for them. Normal responsible parents do not go out wining and dining leaving 3 babies alone to fend for themselves. I am surprised at those who think this is acceptable behaviour and those that think the McCann's are the victims in all this. They are educated people, who, given their medical background should have known better than to neglect their own children.

• Like 1

For someone i dont know from adam you seem to have a real familiar tone..... Your calling me gnash like we have spoken before....... i dont " want " anyone to believe anything........ I dont really jump on bandwagons so it doesnt really bother me if folk agree or not im having a discussion nothing more nothing less if you agree ok if you dont thats fine also....