Sign in to follow this  
Rat Destroyer

160 Rabbits With .22 Rimfire

i thought i would put this video in the rimfire section as well as the night vision section as it crosses both categories.

we were out for nights shooting rabbits with our .22lr's mine a CZ 452 with Boyd's stock and micks a ruger 77/22

we ended up with 160 rabbits by the end of the night.

The mist kept coming and going so it made for difficult filming with night vision so apologies in advance for the odd fuzzy shot.

all the rabbits were head shot as they were going to the game dealers in the morning as soon as we had finnished.

Enjoy

Cheers

Daz

• Like 2

I think it would be a much more popular thread if you posted it in the lurcher section :-)

Busy old session that is !!

• Like 6

Thanks lads

yes we have loads of rabbits and its a right task controlling them because they are not all in one spot they are spread over hundreds if not thousands of acres.

its just a small matter of working your way round them and remembering to give each farm a fair go to keep them at a reasonable level.

but it is bloody hard work you are completely knackered in the morning.

Cheers

Daz

(Rabbit Destroyer,Rat Destroyer,Pigeon Destroyer,Crow Destroyer)

yea but its not hunting with lurchers

Lol, yeah your right enough, how daft of me, lol

• Like 3

I've seen about 5 rabbits here at home, there are usually what seems like 100 or so.

Keep finding new burrows but not much sign of use.

Hutchey

you don't always see them outside allot will be underground.if there is a warren or family of rabbits there will be loads but what happens is they move onto other areas because one garden cant support a family of rabbits.

bearing in mind according to Chris Packham one pair of rabbits can become after only one full year one hundred rabbits.

imagine what a problem we have got.

Cheers

Daz

• Like 1

Hi PLEDGEY

i zero in at 52 yards i am using a CZ452 .22 Varmint and SK HP bullets a little bit more expensive but very accurate.

that usually does the trick.

Cheers

Daz

Fantastic shooting guys. I thought I was doing well with this lot from a new permission this week.

T7NUdHu.jpg

This was my first visit to this one acre paddock behind the farmer's house, where the ground has been ruined by rabbits. I started off with my Magtech 7022 semi auto .22 lr and mopped up with my CZ 452 HMR. I rested on a fence and was finished in about five minutes. The hard part is collecting and paunching, You must have been at that all night. Exhausting.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Underdog
      Got chance to test Gavs balls this afternoon! That sounds all wrong!!
      The balls Gav kindly cast and sent me I mean.
      I used an old sign that's lay in the grass for years. Take a look and I will explain.

I was aiming for the P at 30yds.
      The two shots close to the P and the shot just above them two were the best load chain today. The high one was the aiming, I was seeing to much barrel and the following two responded perfectly to my adjusted hold.
      The other three were a different load and unsatisfactory.
      In saying that the sign easily represents a small deers chest and all six shots would of killed a deer!
      With the good load I should be able to hunt rabbit with.
      Here is the reverse side of the target.

I love this fusil, it has a fast lock and gets good speed up.
      Got some squirrel with shot too.

Cheers  Gav, now I know it's worth getting a mould.

U.
    • By Rimfireboy!
      If anyone’s interested, I decided to pattern and compare .22 and 9mm flobert shotshells. Using my 14 inch Anschütz, I shot a .22 Winchester superX #12 shot at a rat target at five yards to see if it would likely be effective at that range. To compare using my 24 inch Manu-Arm bolt action, I shot 9mm fiocchi #6 shot at the same range, and 9mm rws acorn brand #10 at the same range. I went on to extend the range of the 9mm flobert’s at ten, fifteen and twenty yards for comparison. Here’s the results.....

• By Gav
      I had an hour to spare so decided to take the 17HMR out, I don't get it out enough really, mainly just because I'm a tight old git!
      Anyway hole number one, ranged at 88 yards with rangefinder, scanning the ground with the scope, a bloody immigrant came into sight, to my absolute disgust it was actually copulating with a local, having no choice I promptly dispatched it, the participant promptly ran off or it would have got the same. Three more locals swiftly followed their demise, as I was waiting to see if any more wanted to play I realised I had my phone, so took pictures too.
      I then went on down the road to another spot I frequent, most ran off as I approached, but managed to nail two that were convinced they were hidden as rocks, I proved them wrong. One actually managed to writhe around a bit after the first shot so a second was issued promptly, these were around the 75 yard mark.
      I wanted to checkout another hole I'd been hammering quite hard during the week and taken 19 out of since Monday. I was pretty sure they knew my landy by now and would be holed up before I got chance to scope them out, oh how wrong I was, two babies an easy target out around eighty yards (yes I shoot babies, they'll be big ones soon enough). I also missed a bigger one a bit further out which ran to ground very quickly, must have been close but not close enough.
      I'm sure everyone has seen enough dead rabbits so took some of the scenery I shoot around instead  apart from the floozy immigrant, I thought you all like to see that.
      All in all not a bad hour, and the scores are :-
      Rounds taken = 10
      Bunnies dispatched = 8 = £4 from the estate. 5 sold = £5 so all in all more than covered the ammo, happy daze 😎

• By vin
      Hello, Chaps.
       I have been told by the landowners and keepers where I do most of my Pest Control etc. I need to get my FAC to go forward into the future.
      I have permissions to shoot on various land, But I'm a traditionalist and prefer to work the ferrets and dogs etc. ( I remove thousands per year ). I do pest control for a living and I am fully insured, qualified etc in all these departments. I recently went on a job to shoot some rabbits with a gentleman I know and he used his 17 HMR, I will never use a Rapid 7 again.lol. 
      The time has now come for me to take the next step and get my FAC. I intend to go for a 22 Rimmy and 1st of all a 17 HMR.
      This is the bit I'm sort of stuck on etc.... I do not want to join some local gun club and spend all my time shooting at targets on a range with posh people talking about facts and figures. I fully understand the need for knowledge and competency, safety etc. But I have no time for new friends and social circles in my life at the moment.
      IS there anyone local to me who would be kind enough to offer me some guidance and mentorship through the process of getting all my paperwork and equipment sorted etc. In return, I will make it worth your while either financially or with some sport on my land with me etc. I'm in Rotherham S.yorks. I have access to land local, but my main bulks of permissions are on the Yorkshire Dales.
       Kindest of regards
       Vin.