Scottish Independence

Would be a shame to see the union broken up but at the end of the day i want whats best for me and mine. At the moment the Scots have about 40 Labour MPs that vote against what the majority of people in England want on English matters, that option isnt open to us. The hunting act would have been long gone if it wasnt for Labour MPs in Scotland voting against something that doesnt affect them. While i wouldnt ever dream of saying i belong to a single party im definitely more right than left and Scotland is Left. Scottish independence can only be a good thing for English democracy.

On Scots in the army, they will still be recruited, just like Irish are still recruited, we will still punch above our weight.

It could be good for Scots it could be bad but none of this will make much difference to the average Englishman/woman.

• Like 2

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lets get this put to bed once and for all ask mr smallman all or nothing if he looses the vote he should step down and be fooked off out of the uk , england is nothing without the rest of the uk.

Im Welsh, can see 100% where the Scots are coming from but this is a unique Isle, its BRITAIN, we stood shoulder to shoulder for over 1000 years and not been invaded mun. All of us together can't be b

The oil that we pump out on our rig, is secured by the South Korean govt. Wee fat fucksalmond doesn`t see any off it,   He is just playing to the crowds, so he can get a statue in Glesga wee fat

Posted Images

It is not a vote for SNP its for independence, small country's can make it on there own, Denmark, Norway, Iceland etc etc. we have natural resources and a chance to build private sector that functions and to create jobs and income. there's so much warped perceptions and scaremongering to get the truth is just hard as feck.

Scotland owns just under 10% of the central bank of England therefore we would have the right to use the pound as currency and to be able have 10% of influence on the Bank of England. However if Westminster said we couldn't use the pound then we would waltz out with 10% of the reserves of the Bank of England.

How can people say we wouldnt make it when other countries have went independent and it worked?

We have a larger population than the Irish Republic, Norway, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, or Slovenia. We've got approximately the same population as Denmark or Finland. In area we're larger than Slovenia, the Irish Republic, Belgium, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, or Lithuania. We're approximately the same size as the Czech Republic or Austria.

far too much shite mixed with the waffle, as a independent nation lads from scotland in the british army would still have thier jobs as part of the commonwealth this can be seen from any number of countries still being employed in the army from the commonwealth.

• Like 2

It is not a vote for SNP its for independence, small country's can make it on there own, Denmark, Norway, Iceland etc etc. we have natural resources and a chance to build private sector that functions and to create jobs and income. there's so much warped perceptions and scaremongering to get the truth is just hard as feck.

Scotland owns just under 10% of the central bank of England therefore we would have the right to use the pound as currency and to be able have 10% of influence on the Bank of England. However if Westminster said we couldn't use the pound then we would waltz out with 10% of the reserves of the Bank of England.

How can people say we wouldnt make it when other countries have went independent and it worked?

We have a larger population than the Irish Republic, Norway, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, or Slovenia. We've got approximately the same population as Denmark or Finland. In area we're larger than Slovenia, the Irish Republic, Belgium, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, or Lithuania. We're approximately the same size as the Czech Republic or Austria.

far too much shite mixed with the waffle, as a independent nation lads from scotland in the british army would still have thier jobs as part of the commonwealth this can be seen from any number of countries still being employed in the army from the commonwealth.

If we aint allowed to share the pound, surly westminster wont want us to share the debt

If we aint allowed to share the pound, surly westminster wont want us to share the debt

If they wont then yes we legally have no uk debt, and also same applies if they say we are a new country the zero of the UK's rather large debt is nothing to do with us, there very scared in Westminster that we go independent and all the money we generate for there economy will stay here and be used for us, to say england subsidizes scotland is stupid in the extreme, we bring alot in for UK, the Scottish whisky industry alone is yearly worth over 800 million pounds to the economy,

bah if they'd just write things clearly for nay sayers here to understand this referendum aint a vote for SNP its for scotland to have a democracy to vote for there OWN government and spending policies and not someone down south to deem how much we send down there gets sent back to be spent......

I've been a skeptic of independence till i started researching myself and see just how screwed over Scotland actually gets just being apart of UK, say 100% of revenue is sent down there and only 70% comes back here to be spent how does that work?????.................... baffling yhe other 30% is for there expenses . . . . . ;)

• Like 1

Vote yes then. I dont see how something as important asthis referendum is only open to scottish people to decide. It affects all of britain so all of britain should get the vote not just 5 million of us. I dont understand how some scots feel hard done to especially compared to northern england and wales.

Vote yes then. I dont see how something as important asthis referendum is only open to scottish people to decide. It affects all of britain so all of britain should get the vote not just 5 million of us. I dont understand how some scots feel hard done to especially compared to northern england and wales.

They'd be fecked if we got the vote,most English have had enough of them now.

They'd lose most of their intellectuals professionals and a lot of young families within a few years and if they weren't run by SNP it would be some other far left party,who'd no doubt fill the void with lots of lovely Africans and Pakistanis.

Nah im as english as those down south id never go for regionalisation of england. Id like to think if we do seperate we get north northumbria back including edinburgh founded as an english city and the scots get their fair proportion of foreigners lol

Whilst I admire and respect your passion and patriotic zeal for the place of your birth old sport, i'm afraid you are sadly deluded if you think Scotland will be cut loose from the grip of the central banks to happily tiptoe through the thistles, whistling amazing grace.

ALL the countries you listed in your comparison of population, are economic basket cases, just like Britain.

Like it or not, without each other (England, Scotland, Wales) the rabid banking vampire squid will pick us off more easily, as they have done to Greece, Ireland et al.

• Like 1

It is not a vote for SNP its for independence,

Aye right.. If Wee fat Eck gets his way you'll be living in the most tightly controlled nanny state the western world has seen since the days of the USSR..

another link, ill not copy and paste it all, if you want information/answers have a read

http://www.businessforscotland.co.uk/revealed-the-accounting-trick-that-hides-scotlands-wealth/

I hope that is clear but for absolute clarity let me put it in other words. Scotland paid £64.1 billion (sixty-four thousand one hundred million pounds) interest on debt that Scotland had no need for, simply because we are not an independent country! As a result, on average, £2,000 million was ripped out of the heart of Scotland’s economy every year for 32 years, to pay interest on loans that Scotland didn’t take out and didn’t need. How on earth does that make us better together?

• Like 2

How anyone can call it independence when really it will just be Scotland being absorbed in to the EU under their laws and monetary union is beyond me. Look at the Republic of Ireland they got real independence from UK in 1922 and then their sh*t heel politicians gave it away!!

• Like 1

Salmond wants one thing - Power.. He's using nationalism while we're at a very low ebb to try to impose his will and political philosophies on a nation with no interference from outside.. He don't want independence for the Scottish people, he wants it to gain absolute power there for himself, and nothing else..

Salmond wants one thing - Power.. He's using nationalism while we're at a very low ebb to try to impose his will and political philosophies on a nation with no interference from outside.. He don't want independence for the Scottish people, he wants it to gain absolute power there for himself, and nothing else..

Why can't we like mods posts lol

100% agreed. Salmond must know his time is running out soon.

• Like 1