If you pop a Sal grey over one of them I'd be interested :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wheaton/whippet x whippet/ ghd 22" 35lbs works well on lamp ,good nose ,good jacket ,good feet, retrieves to hand, a real tough dog .mixes well with other dogs, top little dog belongs to a mate atb B

couple of recent-ish pics of the old boy.    

Posted Images

What do you lads think a saluki or deerhound would contribute to these foxing dogs and why?

Sal bull grey - stamina, high pain threshold (bull), good bone, feet, heat tolerance, speed (over say a half cross bitch), height, length, gait.

In my opinion, a good wheatenx needs nothing to add to the mix. Other than another of the same breeding. Just my opinion ATB.

Depends what you want from it :yes:

I want a dog that can run and pull large edible game without my help aswell as taking the odd hare or rabbit ;)

I would expect all the things you stated, and again I will say, there is no other cross needed. But that is just my opinion ATB

Sorry but cannot see any bull or terrier half x keeping up with a motoring deer over the land here.

Plus the loss of height and the strength that goes with it, will just make it dangerous for the dog. Bear in mind, it could take quite a long time for me to catch up to a dog and deer that have fuucked off across land that stretches for Kilometers :yes:

Edited by mushroom

They ain't everyone's cup of tea but the ones that do, prefer to keep it the same. Maybe a well breed firstx deer grey would suit your need better butty. ATB

Love what the wheaton brings....

Balls of steel :laugh:

But to be fair the x's I've seen, been told about and the one I owned (1/4 wheaton I think or 3/8's) were good dogs with good feet etc and not lacking anything except maybe they could've done with a 6th gear. A good sal/bul/grey over a good wheaton/grey (whichever way around) would be my ideal dog for here but I would settle for a Sal/bul/grey if I had too...... Which I may just bloody well have to :laugh: :laugh:

no lack of speed in this wheaton X

maxaug10-2-final.jpg

Bonny lad :yes:

Let me just point out I am not bashing Wheaton x's at all, but a straight Wheaton x is no good for this land for the reasons mentioned before.... Stamina and top speed being top of the list. Now if your lad can run down a deer over say 5km in a straight line over dry, open land and tackle and hold the fecker, then if you ever breed him please count me in for a look :yes:

Edited by mushroom

no lack of speed in this wheaton X

maxaug10-2-final.jpg

Bonny lad :yes:

Let me just point out I am not bashing Wheaton x's at all, but a straight Wheaton x is no good for this land for the reasons mentioned before.... Stamina and top speed being top of the list. Now if your lad can run down a deer over say 5km in a straight line over dry, open land and tackle and hold the fecker, then if you ever breed him please count me in for a look :yes:

don't hold your breath mate