Wheaton X Whippet

jcm

iv started to show massive intrest into the wheaton x lurchers as they seem to have it all when coming to working ability from what iv read and they also make a canny looking dog.

has any one had any experiance with wheaton x whippet or wheaton x whip\grey or any pictures that you could share of this mix.

im not yet on the look out for a dog as yet but in a couple of years i will be and personaly i think a wheaton x whippet would suit me and they way i work my dogs as i do a fair bit lamping but i do a hell of alot of mooching as i think this is the best way to see a dog truely use its brain to find flush and catch the quary and its good fun with a good pack of dogs.

this is all homework as i dont have any first hand experiance with a wheaton mix

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wheaton/whippet x whippet/ ghd 22" 35lbs works well on lamp ,good nose ,good jacket ,good feet, retrieves to hand, a real tough dog .mixes well with other dogs, top little dog belongs to a mate atb B

couple of recent-ish pics of the old boy.    

Posted Images

wheaton/whippet x whippet/ ghd 22" 35lbs works well on lamp ,good nose ,good jacket ,good feet, retrieves to hand, a real tough dog .mixes well with other dogs, top little dog belongs to a mate atb BB

Looks a topper mate

wheaton/whippet x whippet/ ghd 22" 35lbs works well on lamp ,good nose ,good jacket ,good feet, retrieves to hand, a real tough dog .mixes well with other dogs, top little dog belongs to a mate atb BB

well that's the smartest dog I have ever seen, whata beauty hope it runs aswell as it looks haha
  • Like 1

i let you know how the wheaten/ whippet/ greyhounds pups are coming on in a year or so JCM

ive got one just turned 3 month 16 1/2 inch at moment hairy bitch,,,,and my bro got smooth coated one shes 17 1/2 inch at moment ,,,they both should make an alright size

13weekss.jpg

13weeks.jpg

13weeksss.jpg

• Like 4

You won't find a better example of a wheatonxwhippet than cleanspades dog ozzy imo hes corker you would swear hes a wheatongrey the stamp on him hes a belter cleanspade ;) atb cbx

cheers . he is getting on now. but its been a pleasure owning him. (most of the time lol)

• Like 1

i think that wheaten crosses have a cross to bear they have a rep for being a handfull. this is true of course. however i beleive that wheaten blood is the only genuine alternative to the old working beddy. the true test of this will be when the three quarter bred wheatens start to do what they will be capable of.. not on fox. but on bunnies.

this breed is highly intelligent and very durable. i am surprised that there arnt more smaller wheaten crosses about. however i have a feeling this will change in time as there is nothing there that can compete for breeding small lurchers :snack: