Wheaton X Whippet

jcm

You won't find a better example of a wheatonxwhippet than cleanspades dog ozzy imo hes corker you would swear hes a wheatongrey the stamp on him hes a belter cleanspade ;) atb cbx

cheers . he is getting on now. but its been a pleasure owning him. (most of the time lol)
got to give credit where its due mate he's a lovely animal & I would definitely have him in my kennel ;) atb cbx
  • Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wheaton/whippet x whippet/ ghd 22" 35lbs works well on lamp ,good nose ,good jacket ,good feet, retrieves to hand, a real tough dog .mixes well with other dogs, top little dog belongs to a mate atb B

couple of recent-ish pics of the old boy.    

Posted Images

i think that wheaten crosses have a cross to bear they have a rep for being a handfull. this is true of course. however i beleive that wheaten blood is the only genuine alternative to the old working beddy. the true test of this will be when the three quarter bred wheatens start to do what they will be capable of.. not on fox. but on bunnies.

this breed is highly intelligent and very durable. i am surprised that there arnt more smaller wheaten crosses about. however i have a feeling this will change in time as there is nothing there that can compete for breeding small lurchers :snack:

I think they would suit me and the ground I run.

i think that wheaten crosses have a cross to bear they have a rep for being a handfull. this is true of course. however i beleive that wheaten blood is the only genuine alternative to the old working beddy. the true test of this will be when the three quarter bred wheatens start to do what they will be capable of.. not on fox. but on bunnies.

this breed is highly intelligent and very durable. i am surprised that there arnt more smaller wheaten crosses about. however i have a feeling this will change in time as there is nothing there that can compete for breeding small lurchers :snack:

I think they would suit me and the ground I run.

They'll run on most ground. :thumbs:

• Like 1

he is a brute of a dog cleanspade has he ever been used at stud? if so any feedback on how offspring are doing atb BB

he isnt up for stud. and has never been used. . and someone asked his height. he is 23 tts. and fifty six pounds.

BB. that dog of yours is a blinder . as are the others on this thread.

i bred 3/4 bred greyhound 1/4 wheaton terrier a few years ago,i kept two from the litter,a rough dog and smooth bitch,the dog turned out very good on all game,afraid of nothing you put him in front of,the bitch on the other hand wasnt as fast as the dog but she was very game,and sadly she got cancer last year and i put her to sleep,the dog i still have and is still doing his job at the age of 5 years,i will put up a picture as soon as i find out how to upload it on here.

• Like 2

he is a brute of a dog cleanspade has he ever been used at stud? if so any feedback on how offspring are doing atb BB

he isnt up for stud. and has never been used. . and someone asked his height. he is 23 tts. and fifty six pounds.

I'd he straight Wheaton x whippet

I think you were very lucky to get a dog of that size from that breeding Cleanspade. I've seen first x wheaten /grey bitches struggle to make 23inch..I'd like to see that dog put to a genuine Wheaten/grey bitch and see the resulting offspring. atb stabba

• Like 2

I think you were very lucky to get a dog of that size from that breeding Cleanspade. I've seen first x wheaten /grey bitches struggle to make 23inch..I'd like to see that dog put to a genuine Wheaten/grey bitch and see the resulting offspring. atb stabba

I agree with you stabba mate hes some stamp for the x he is & I would also like to see a litter out of him & a good bitch ;) atb cbx
  • Like 1

post-2078-0-11155500-1380456214.jpg

sire

post-2078-0-17104200-1380456240.jpg

dam

i never bred this dog. he was bought in.

he is a genuine first cross.

• Like 4

not mine mate, I wish lol, no I used him over my bitch kept two pups back . wow 23 " 56lbs as I said a brute of a dog cheers BB
  • Like 1

attachicon.gifozzy dad.jpg

sire

attachicon.gifozzy dam.jpg

dam

i never bred this dog. he was bought in.

he is a genuine first cross.

I seem to remember at the time that they were pups that the dam had a small amount of Greyhound in her..?

• Like 1

your correct moorman. not much gets past you :laugh: . i had a pic of the blue bitches dam and defo a dash in her. cant find the pic now . mores the pity. if you look closely at the pics of the dam she isnt a small bitch. the sire also isnt a small terrier. he had a dash of bull in him also. Ozzy was also the biggest pup in the litter. the others had a little less bone and looked far more like lurchers. ozzy on the other hand looked like a wheaten with a little more leg. still does lol. would be nice to see more of this type. or here how some of the others got on. :yes:

Edited by Cleanspade
  • Like 1