Jimi Hendrix Was He The Best Axe Man?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cant believe nobodys mentioned rory gallagher

Theres loads I like ... entertainment value has to be Angus young , I also love Lindsay Buckingham .. Johnny Marr ... jimmy page .. ... David Gilmore ...

Most of the above guitar players were massively influenced by Hendrix,when Clapton saw Hendrix for the first time he shit himself (by his own admission )and realised he was going to have to raise the

Imo there's better alround guitarists .... Clapton , McCartney being 2 real good ones , but there's no doubting the man was gifted

I wouldn't rate McCartney at a guitarist a great musician yes,he wasn't even the best in his band Harrison was good though but still Clapton done alot of Beatles studio work so he still wins haha :)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p10p-VFUiW4#

You don't rate McCartney ! You don't know class when you see it ....

Hendrix was good, but its Slash on top spot for me..

Without Hendrix and the like would slash have found his sound ?

These guys were pushing the boundaries with all that they had a guitar and an amp and some very basic pedals(the same as everyone else had)no computers fancy studios and endless retrys which is why they sounded as good live as recorded.

Most of the above guitar players were massively influenced by Hendrix,when Clapton saw Hendrix for the first time he shit himself (by his own admission )and realised he was going to have to raise the bar.Regarding technical ability no Hendrix wasn't particularly accomplished,he just had a natural feel for it and that was what made him great,he had no self imposed restrictions.His influence can be heard on pretty much any the big rock guitarists in the last 40 years...barring Frank Zappa and Hendrix himself Ive seen all the above live and Ive got to say Slash stands head and shoulders above the rest for me :yes: Joe Satriani is a massively talented guy,technically a genius,but it tends to become a bit boring after 4/5 tracks,Steve Vai is pretty much the same ,saw him at the Apollo one night,mind blowing talent,one of his guitars had two necks ,he was swapping from playing left to right handed seemlesly in the middle of blisteringly fast runs,for the first 20 mins I was transfixed,after that it got a bit boring ,then he murdered Hey Joe and Redhouse,by the hour mark I was ready to cut myself :yes: 21/2 hours it went on for,worse gig ever :laugh:

• Like 4

Hendrix was good, but its Slash on top spot for me..

Without Hendrix and the like would slash have found his sound ?

These guys were pushing the boundaries with all that they had a guitar and an amp and some very basic pedals(the same as everyone else had)no computers fancy studios and endless retrys which is why they sounded as good live as recorded.

By his own admission Slash is massively influenced by Hendrix,and proud of it too :thumbs:

• Like 1

Both the young brothers,kirk hamnet(student of satriani),joe perry,James hetfield,chuck berry,knophler,jeff beck,izzy stradlin,Keith Richards,Pete Townsend,randy Rhodes,dime bag darrell,tommi iommi,django in no particular order I can listen to for hours loads I've missed to

• Like 2