Undercover Reporter???

Guest WILF

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The programme made interesting viewing, but basically it was complete drivel, with no proof of illegal activities inside the mainland.

I have no doubt whatsoever the bbc is reading this , so maybe they would like to think upon these points.

1.When are you going to do an "undercover" documentary on English dogfighting? You wont, because the main proponents of it, are pakistani,s .

2. Why was there no camera footage of the main fight? when you had spent the entire programme, telling the viewer how "inside" your reporter had got, and how he was "trusted"?Basicaly, because if there was no video evidence, your Reporter could make it up as he went along.

3. When are you going to hand over your female reporter and her accomplices to the authorities? she has broken the dangerous dogs act, by importing a banned breed into the UK, and by allowing the said animal, out in public, unneutered, and unmuzzled.

Your reporter wasn,t from the north east.Nor was he ex"special services"...poetic license, thats all.

Its time you spent MY license money, on helping to solve REAL crime, like children shooting each other with weapons that have been illegal since 1998.

You digust me.Its high time the license fee was removed, and you shabby band of fools were made to work for a living.

well said baldie!

the bbc must think they arnt brakeing the law and can import dogs when they want :whistling:

must say though he did seem to have a north east twang to his voice

agree well said baldie......action should be taken against the bbc for the importation abuse...however the bbc will have run the facts past some very clever and experienced solicitors before doing what they did to make sure they were waterproof!

The blokes accent did seem to have a NE twange to me, sounded like some blokes i know from the NE who have been living in the SE for years and have diluted their accents, even my Yorkshire accent is watered down after 8 years in and around london :(

and regarding his army career i would have to see his CV! :D

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT DID THEY DO WITH THAT DOG AFTER THE SHOW????? THEY MENTIONED TAKING IT BACK TO SOUTHERN IRELAND??

Edited by COMPO

I thought he was gonna have a heart attack up that hill i cant imajine he was ex special forces as he managed to get his picture taken and published all over the net. unless he was acting and not really tired! lol! probably dropped out through basic training or competed a few weeks and got out. was a pretty poor programme filled with contradictions and one sided biased, i wasnt going to watch the show but i thought it would be better than big bro! i wrong was i, poor journalism the presenter had a face like she was sucking on a lemon and just a shame on all them with bull breeds who are gonna get persecuted by the joe public when walking down the street with their dogs.

Edited by matty

i only caught the last 15 minutes of the program, dogs being weighed and then a "45 minute fight" until both dogs were totally exhausted and could fight no more, 5 minutes of film footage at the most so who knows if all or almost nothing was shown on the program. But to then, allegedly, take the weaker of the two dogs and wire it up up to the mains to kill it is just plain and utter barbarity, the pr**k should be wired up himself, or maybe a little UFC action for him and then a quick electrocution when he got the sh*t beat out of him.

Total Wan**r i thought, but then i remembered that the ArsePCA use this method to kill around 200 dogs per week in the battersea dogs home so i suppose thats alright then, barbarity is not barbaric if its done in the name of animal welfare.

I am afraid i cannot condem the "testing" of any breed of dog Lurchers for speed, terriers for their nose and working ability, Collies for their hearding ability etc for that would make me a hypocryt of the first order, it must be faced up to that APBT's especially are a fighting breed and that will always lead to them being "tested".

Its not the dog that knows how far to go, its a responsible owner, would you run your long dog until it died? or knowingly work your terrier until it died of exaustion? even working Collies are rested on a regular basis.

This program took advantage of some very Macho behaviour from some very ignorant people, lets make sure that no true hunting people get caught up in the same trap.

happy hunting :boxing:

I didnt see the program and although i could not bear to watch a dog fight i agree with Molly. These dogs are bred to fight and as such the dogs themselves dont see it as being cruel.Its an exagerated form of natural behaviour. The cruelty comes in because humans are training them and from what i understand using weaker small dogs as bait. Then as to what method is used to pts an injured fighter. If two dogs were fighting in the local park the publics only concern would be that so called aggresive dogs were on the loose not fear FOR the dogs. I dont agree with it but like Molly said the full facts arnt known. If a rare fight breaks out at home between any of mine i split it up but what would happen if i didnt??

Is there any chance we could get a photo up of the lad that went under cover and leave it up somwhere for all to see, and any other photos of people like that that we know about, anti's do it all the time on there web sites so why cant we ?? just no body spoil it with stupid commets.

Not my thing ither, have no interest in that sort of thing.

I watched the documentry last night and spotlight before it aswell, which was basicly the same, but more indepth. It kind of disturbed me a bit, then what Molly says, makes sense in one way.

To let them fight to death, is not on though i reckon. When your out lamping, you know, or should know when your dog has had enough and stop and go home, these fellas, did not give 2 hoots about their dogs by the looks of it?

I think ill stick to me rabbit dogs and the odd hare ect.

Frank.

Betting on the outcome of a sport always brings wankers out the woodwork who care more about the outcome that the players or animals involved. This is why coursing got a lot of bad publicity... a minority of wankers pulling gates down, threatening landowners and leaving quarry to rot in the field. Its always the few that give majority a bad name which the poxy left wing 'minority / faggot' dominated media use to tarr everyone with the same brush. Personally i think people who participate or bet on dog fighting are wankers anyway but the BBC needs to buck up its ideas and do what its paid to which is to provide FACTS not SPECULATE to satisfy its OWN ADGENDA.

For the life of me i can't understand how anyone, especially 'hunters', can liken dog fighting to the taking of game with dogs! True, they are both a test of the dogs involved, but the intention with hunting (at least it should be) is to end that test as quickly and humanely as possible.

No true hunter would allow his/her dog to become involved in a prolonged battle with another animal - that's called baiting. Hunting is about the quick and humane dispatching of the quarry, not about letting them fight it out to the death. All hunters can identify when their dogs have 'had enough' and they go home - they don't push them until they need carrying off the field!

Another thing to remember about hunting is that we weigh the balance in our favour for the simple reason that we want to make the kill and make it quickly. We don't need a 55lb dog to take a 16lb fox but we use it anyway. And whats more we encourage others to do the same, we do not advise them to get a 20lb dog and enjoy the battle! The same is true for running rabbits, coursing and ferreting wth dogs - shit, even the ferret is the outright favourite against a rabbit!

The whole point of dog fighting is to test the dogs in an equal battle. That means it could go any way. It also means it could be a long battle where either dog is subjected to punishment.

Dog fighting, bear baiting, badger baiting and bull baiting have nothing in common with hunting with dogs - other than the fact that a dog is involved - and it disgusts me that anyone who classes themselves as a hunter would even consider condoning dog fighting in any way.

That's only my opinion of course; if it 'goes against the grain' then I make no apologies! I'm a hunter, a dog lover and a lover of nature. What I am not is a sychophantic chaser of other peoples praises.

Crow

I did watch most of it last night & quite frankly the money grabbing low life scum need to be put in the very same ring the dogs fight in & set the dogs on them :censored:

For the life of me i can't understand how anyone, especially 'hunters', can liken dog fighting to the taking of game with dogs! True, they are both a test of the dogs involved, but the intention with hunting (at least it should be) is to end that test as quickly and humanely as possible.

No true hunter would allow his/her dog to become involved in a prolonged battle with another animal - that's called baiting. Hunting is about the quick and humane dispatching of the quarry, not about letting them fight it out to the death. All hunters can identify when their dogs have 'had enough' and they go home - they don't push them until they need carrying off the field!

Another thing to remember about hunting is that we weigh the balance in our favour for the simple reason that we want to make the kill and make it quickly. We don't need a 55lb dog to take a 16lb fox but we use it anyway. And whats more we encourage others to do the same, we do not advise them to get a 20lb dog and enjoy the battle! The same is true for running rabbits, coursing and ferreting wth dogs - shit, even the ferret is the outright favourite against a rabbit!

The whole point of dog fighting is to test the dogs in an equal battle. That means it could go any way. It also means it could be a long battle where either dog is subjected to punishment.

Dog fighting, bear baiting, badger baiting and bull baiting have nothing in common with hunting with dogs - other than the fact that a dog is involved - and it disgusts me that anyone who classes themselves as a hunter would even consider condoning dog fighting in any way.

That's only my opinion of course; if it 'goes against the grain' then I make no apologies! I'm a hunter, a dog lover and a lover of nature. What I am not is a sychophantic chaser of other peoples praises.

Crow

I agree with you completely Crow, we need to distance ourselves from this low life scum :angry: :sick: It has nothing whatsoever to do with hunting. They are the ones that have and continue to damage OUR future in hunting with dogs. How anyone can condone dog fighting or in any way equate it to hunting I really do not know :no::censored:

Dog fighters are sadistic barbarians :censored: one thing they can't be doing it for the money because not alot was being exchanged for the dogs themselves so it must be for their sick bloodlust.

I'd like to see what they'd do if the dogs turned on them & ripped them apart piece by piece, some of the american bred ones would, they are huge monster size things compared to those shown in the documentary. Its a sick world we live in.

There is no place in society for this type of dog, imagine what that poor kid in liverpool went through as the dog that killed her was bigger than those 2 that were fighting for 45 mins.