Undercover Reporter???

Guest WILF

I am better than the other bloke because I only let my dog get a bit smashed and he lets his get really smashed........

Shooters are better than dogmen because they use a bullet that only harms the quarry........

A rabbiting dogman is better than a dogman that allows his hound to take fox because rabbits dont inflict the same damage.....

Gundog owners are better than terriermen because........

That dogmans scum because what I do is right and he is wrong............

FFS........dont anyone get it!!

This ban will be with us forever because just like the antis.........everyone is very quick to condem.......

I dont approve so them blokes are scum!!!!.................nuts, fecking nuts

I dont hear LACS and the PCA saying one is better than the other..............

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the life of me i can't understand how anyone, especially 'hunters', can liken dog fighting to the taking of game with dogs! True, they are both a test of the dogs involved, but the intention with hunting (at least it should be) is to end that test as quickly and humanely as possible.

No true hunter would allow his/her dog to become involved in a prolonged battle with another animal - that's called baiting. Hunting is about the quick and humane dispatching of the quarry, not about letting them fight it out to the death. All hunters can identify when their dogs have 'had enough' and they go home - they don't push them until they need carrying off the field!

Another thing to remember about hunting is that we weigh the balance in our favour for the simple reason that we want to make the kill and make it quickly. We don't need a 55lb dog to take a 16lb fox but we use it anyway. And whats more we encourage others to do the same, we do not advise them to get a 20lb dog and enjoy the battle! The same is true for running rabbits, coursing and ferreting wth dogs - shit, even the ferret is the outright favourite against a rabbit!

The whole point of dog fighting is to test the dogs in an equal battle. That means it could go any way. It also means it could be a long battle where either dog is subjected to punishment.

Dog fighting, bear baiting, badger baiting and bull baiting have nothing in common with hunting with dogs - other than the fact that a dog is involved - and it disgusts me that anyone who classes themselves as a hunter would even consider condoning dog fighting in any way.

That's only my opinion of course; if it 'goes against the grain' then I make no apologies! I'm a hunter, a dog lover and a lover of nature. What I am not is a sychophantic chaser of other peoples praises.

Crow

I agree with you completely Crow, we need to distance ourselves from this low life scum :angry: :sick: It has nothing whatsoever to do with hunting. They are the ones that have and continue to damage OUR future in hunting with dogs. How anyone can condone dog fighting or in any way equate it to hunting I really do not know :no::censored:

Spot on Crow, my sentiments exactly. Whether the bbc hammed the story up or not the facts remain the same, Dogfight is cruel, barbaric and senseless, it has no place in our supposed civilized society. How anyone can seek to condone the actions of these mindless feckin thugs is beyond me.

Thanks to this program will all face the prospect of being guilty by association, much like the Badgered too death program from a few years back. The reporter was clearly shown making contact with the filth at a lurcher and terrier show. Now there will be those that will link the two together and come up with five. However I do not hold the bbc responsible. If there was no dogfighting there would be no story to tell, simple as.

If I were an anti reading some of the posts on here it would be very difficult for me not to link the two. Please think very hard before you post anything that could in anyway be taken as condoning what these heartless b*****ds do. It has NOTHING! to do with hunting nothing at all.

Wilf: I really don't understand how you can rant on in the way that you do: it's YOU who don't understand a thing.

How can you possibly compare hunting and killing a pest species with watching 2 dogs rip eachother to bits for 45 minutes?

The whole aim of controlling a wild animal that has to be removed because of the damage it is causing to crops or livestock is to do the job as effieciently and humanely as possible.

Dog fighting has NOTHING to do with the above ethos. Anyone standing on the side lines of dog fighting (metaphorically speaking) without an opinion condones these atrocities by their very silence.

There IS NO COMPARISON, and IMO dog fighters should be judged as detestable low lifes. If we don't condemn then we condone by our absence of opinion.

This has nothing to do with anyone being anti hunting or thinking their type of dog work is better than someone else's either.

I am better than the other bloke because I only let my dog get a bit smashed and he lets his get really smashed........

I am better than a dog fighter because I don't go out with the intention of letting my dog smashed up - and if it does I deal with it immediately.

Shooters are better than dogmen because they use a bullet that only harms the quarry........

How would you consider a gunmen that shoots with the sole intention of causing injury and a slow death?

A rabbiting dogman is better than a dogman that allows his hound to take fox because rabbits dont inflict the same damage.....

Both have the same intention, and that is to dispatch the quarry as quickly as possible.

This ban will be with us forever because just like the antis.........everyone is very quick to condem.......

So should we be supporting the dog fighters?

Why is it nuts for some people to condem dog fighters as scum? It's all down to personal morals and beliefs and dog fighting goes against both for many individuals so it's bound to raise such feelings.

Have you never attacked someone for their beliefs or actions? You're doing it now - you're just not calling anti-dogfighters scum!

No, they have always considered hunters to be in the same class as badger baiters and dog fighters. Think about it!

Crow

Gundog owners are better than terriermen because........

That dogmans scum because what I do is right and he is wrong............

FFS........dont anyone get it!!

Your last line says it all.....Cant believe some of the replys on here....i think some of you need to give yourselfs a shake and have a re think!

how many of you use bull in the make up of your dogs????????????????

why.........what does a bull bring ????????????????????

how do you think it got to be the animal it is??????????????????

so its ok for people to risk them self and there dogs in the past.....but not now???????

double f****n standerds if you ask me

not into the dog fighting crack at all my self.

i am addicted to the hunt of animals not really the killing.

noticed a few faces on that programme from shows.

but for the life of me i can not understand if a police man steps over the line in getting their evidance

in an unlawful way the case will be thrown out of court even if its a rape case or murder case.

yet the bbc can make a programme and get their opinion on facts through

their own methods altogether that the police would never be able to use.

just for good tv is a total joke.

would never allow any dog i had to go through a fight like that.

but i tought that football chap has a right to a private life and does

not even get paid for making his county proud.

some might not agree but a rapist or murderer does not get the same

publicity as these people are getting .

and if you are a bloody peodifile you get hidden away altogether

to possibly do harm again.

Your last line says it all.....Cant believe some of the replys on here....i think some of you need to give yourselfs a shake and have a re think!

So that's it then? Just because some groups of people (our apponents) consider dog fighting to be akin to hunting with dogs we all have to sit back and accept their understanding?

What sort of logic is that? To follow that logic means that we would never be allowed to have our own mind - in fact what makes them so f*****g important that they can lay down the 'rules' of understanding anyway? Why don't they accept my view? I hunt with dogs, I know why I do it, I know what morals I follow in doing it!

f**k what the LACS or any other body think, in my view the world of hunting with dogs is miles away from that of dog fighting - and I don't need to give myself a shake or have a rethink to continue that opinion. :drink:

Anyway, I'm now off to sell my lurchers, terrier and ferrets, buy a pit bull and join the RSPCA :blink:

Crow

its not a very nice thing is dog fighting, but befor the ban :whistling: how many of you would dig to terriers that you knew were gona get abit chewed, knowing that your dogs were gona have a bit of a fight , and come out marked you still used them . :hmm:

Crow's making a lot of sense!!

Macker the police could/can and do go undercover, there is no problem as long as they dont suggest/cause the suspect to commit the crime and then prosecute the person for something that they initiated/caused.

this may help with entrapment and the understanding of it!

"English law on entrapment

36. Entrapment occurs when an agent of the state - usually a law enforcement officer or a controlled informer - causes someone to commit an offence in order that he should be prosecuted. "

The above is from this link

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/l...025/loose-2.htm

hey all

first off all, when i go out ferreting and lamping or just for a genral mooch i for one like many others on this site go out to catch rabbits......................... but i when the rabbit is caught in my net or buy my dog is either dispatched in seconds or returned alive to hand to be dispatched imedetily.

i take no pleasure in watching a rabbit wriggle in my net or die a lond and painful death.

i pride myself on my ferreting and the job i do with in my area as a pest controller off bunnys i even do talks at the local cub and scout camps where i talk and teach about what i do with my ferrets and my dogs and i have to work agenst constent disaproval buy some scout leaders but sometimes buy the end off my talk they have not changed there minds on there opinions about what i do BUT the do understand the reason and that i do it in the most effishant and humainily way

on the other hand

dog fighters are not serving any manner to socity where us pest controllers do make a diffrence

regards and i am ready for slander but that is my oppinion

waggi

a lot of people also hunt for sport because they enjoy it!! i know i do!! gets the adrenalin going. with regards to the dog fighting there are many rules when done in a professional manner and if the dog does not want to fight it will not scratch and should be sportingly be picked up by the owner. the dogs do like to fight otherwise they would not do it. i dont really condone dog fighting but there are many people out there who keep there pets in worse health condition than these dog fighters. They are fed a top diet and exercised well and the bond between the trainer and dog is a firm bond.

yes it maybe cruel in some people eyes and there is no excuse for the electrecution if it happened but the main focus should be on the backstreet breeders and the thugs who get hold of these dogs and do not train them and neglect them hence end up biting humans! pitbulls are not human aggressive.

So that's it then? Just because some groups of people (our apponents) consider dog fighting to be akin to hunting with dogs we all have to sit back and accept their understanding?

Crow

No...but what is the difference of having a five foot dig to a terrier that when you break through you know the dog will be smahed?.....The pitts had a few scars on them...what about a terrier that has been grafted hard to hard quary and half its chins gone?.....Is that exceptable?...atleats they are their to part the dogs when needed that are evenly matched....can you say that about every terrier that goes to ground?...It all just seems to me that two many people are jumping on the band wagon saying their scum and evil bastads when they need to just have a think about things!

Its same as terrier/lurcherwork you always get the clueless prats that are in it for their ego's and their dont give a feck attitude that ruin things for the dedicated people!

ps I have no involvment what so ever with dog fighting!

Safe Hunting!

Guest ITALLION STALLION
how many of you use bull in the make up of your dogs????????????????

why.........what does a bull bring ????????????????????

how do you think it got to be the animal it is??????????????????

so its ok for people to risk them self and there dogs in the past.....but not now???????

double f****n standerds if you ask me

:clapper::clapper: well said swamper , i was just thinking the same myself . it pisses me off how people get bull cross lurchers then question their working history behind them !!!!