No Military Intervention On Syria From The Uk

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The yanks will have someone lined up to run the gaff until it suits there purpose to replace them with someone else.   I cant see the end result for the middle east, but greater minds than mine have

Everybody hates Arabs anyway so let them get on with it, keep our nose out.

i think these middle eastren countries need "pricks/strong leaders" like saddam or gadaffi or assad in charge of them..Look at all the ones that have been "liberated"-more fighting and religious fanat

Posted Images

Syria under assad is a secular state. The rebels are islamists.

that may be but the population is made up of 73 percent Sunni but ruled by the 13 odd percent shia, the fsa is mainly made up of elements of the Sunni wahhabi islamic movement along with militant radicals and secular separatists.

Syrian Islamic Liberation Front: While fighting under the Free Syrian Army banner, this confused faction is united only by the common goal of increasing the influence of Islam and getting rid of Assad.Also adding to the mix is Lebanon's Iranian-backed Hezbollah which provides significant material support for Hamas in its struggle against Israel. Hezbollah is sending its troops and supplies over the border to back Syria's Shiite population

Syrian Islamic Front: This is another large alliance of Syrian rebel factions, this time among those of the Sunni Salafists Islamists.

Al-Qaeda: This international network of extremist Islamic terrorists is the most extreme element of the radical Sunni group. Its members in Somalia, Yemen, Pakistan and Iraq all provide support in the form of manpower, money and weapons.

Muslim Brotherhood: Egypt's Islamic support base of Egypt's deposed US-backed President Mohamed Morsi - the Muslim Brotherhood - has been using its international network to support several rebel factions in Syria - including Hamas. Shiite Iran has been making overtures to this largely Sunni movement to support the growing popularity of Islam within the North African country.

IRAN:

As the largest Shiite Muslim power in the Middle East, it is striving to maintain the ascendancy of this religious faction within Syria's borders. While providing men and equipment to help prop up President Assad, the Islamic state has threatened retaliation against Israel if the West launches any attack on their ally.

But it also seems to be having a bet each way.

While openly supporting the regime backed by the same Shiite Muslim beliefs as itself, Iran's broader support for the ascendancy of militant Islam in all its forms throughout the Middle East seems to be fuelling the cogs of war on both sides of the Syrian conflict.

On one hand it is openly sending mujahideen fighters, cash and equipment to support Assad's Syrian Army. It's puppet Hezbollah organisation in Lebanon is also fighting alongside Assad's forces.

On the other hand, its support for Hamas and to a lesser extend the Muslim Brotherhood, it can be said to be materially supporting many of those rebelling against the Assad Presidency it openly backs.

Russia: Russia risks losing its last major Soviet Union-era naval base in the Mediterranean Sea if the Syrian regime is overthrown. To support President Assad, Russia has been feeding the Syrian Army with equipment and training while riding shotgun in representative bodies such as the United Nations Security Council.

As you can see from the above this nothing more than a power struggle between Sunni and Shiite intermingled with tribal factions and islamic extremists. Just what has the west got to gain by becoming involved militarily :hmm:

ALERTS TO THREATS
IN 2013 EUROPE

From JOHN CLEESE

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the *******s." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels ..

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be right, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.

Regards,
John Cleese ,
British writer, actor and tall person

And as a final thought - Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 430 BC.

Life is too short...

Radio 5 had two syrian people on putting qestions to two of are mps today the young syrian man said we expected more of the british you are standung by while he gases children and bombs his own citys , the mp said we are waiting for proof the syrian said My parents are in Damascus they have been getting bomed for two years , the other syrian said arm the rebels you will be arming hezbelar (spelling ) this is a hard one the un must have the final say with the backing of all and no vetoes wont happen because the Chinese will vetoe any military action ,

No Military intervention on Syria from Great Britain

Thank fu*k for that, keep bowing to America, and being used as

their lapdogs, i bet our British soldiers are pleased.

fu*king about time as well, now lets see how AMERICA REACTS

AND I MEAN THE USA GOVERNMENT, NOT THE USA PEOPLE,

BECAUSE THE USA PEOPLE HAVE ALSO HAD ENOUGH OF THEIR WAR

CRAZED MASTERS.

Stop the war and bring back hunting.... What do you think..

Any man who uses chemical weapons against his own people deserves to be bombed from on high. If my country had the capability I'd say the very same thing.

• Like 1

CRAZED MASTERS.

Any man who uses chemical weapons against his own people deserves to be bombed from on high. If my country had the capability I'd say the very same thing.

But where is the evidence?

Why would he do something that was going to guarantee his country being attacked?

I think it's complete bullsh*t

• Like 1

CRAZED MASTERS.

Why would he do something that was going to guarantee his country being attacked?

John show us the evidence, that assad carried out this attack, and if you can, ile second your

opinion mate..

So thats 12 pages of in depth reading and i'm no further forward..... :hmm:

Can someone just tell me when the US is going to start blowing the shit out of places so i can set my sky+..... :angel:

Why is the evidence that's being shown to the public all wishy washy, nothing concrete, it makes no sense :hmm:

The yanks have independant samples that show the use of Sarin nerve agent, I'd hazard a guess the UN inspectors will come to this conclusion too. Plenty of videos and photos that show all the signs of the use of chemical weapons. There are a couple of defectors etc that claim Assad is responsible. The US also claim to have intercepted communications from the Syrian Gov' authorising the attacks but are unwilling to share this key bit of intelligence because it's classified, I assume it will give the Russians and Iranians more information than the US are willing to on how the US intelligence org's go about their work.

The yanks really need to share this, they can't just expect the rest of the world to take their word for it after 2003.

Politically I don't think they even need UN support, if Russia were convinced China wouldn't matter.

CRAZED MASTERS.

CRAZED MASTERS.

John show us the evidence, that assad carried out this attack, and if you can, ile second your

opinion mate..

UN inspectors will have it.

Syria under assad is a secular state. The rebels are islamists.

Yes, and no. In my humble opinion. The Rebels started out as secularist for the most part. Now, jihadists factions have taken control. Others are also right in one respect. Secularism creates a vacuum that needs to be filled. Using materialism as the west does seems to work. But materialism in not as strong as something more organized like a religion. So eventually it gives way as everything else does...

ATB

• Like 1