No Military Intervention On Syria From The Uk

why doesn't the league of arab nations intervene after all its within their jurisdiction :hmm: why the west all the time :hmm:

I asked the same a few pages back mate.. The Saudis bought a load of Typhoons off us, what's stopping them using them instead of asking the west to intervene?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The yanks will have someone lined up to run the gaff until it suits there purpose to replace them with someone else.   I cant see the end result for the middle east, but greater minds than mine have

Everybody hates Arabs anyway so let them get on with it, keep our nose out.

i think these middle eastren countries need "pricks/strong leaders" like saddam or gadaffi or assad in charge of them..Look at all the ones that have been "liberated"-more fighting and religious fanat

Posted Images

why doesn't the league of arab nations intervene after all its within their jurisdiction :hmm: why the west all the time :hmm:

I asked the same a few pages back mate.. The Saudis bought a load of Typhoons off us, what's stopping them using them instead of asking the west to intervene?

Do they really have the capability to carry out action as decisively as the US or UK though Malt based on the Syrian's air defense systems? Do they have the Military intelligence capability to designate targets as easily? It's alright having Typhoons and F-15s but are they enough? If the UK took action the majority would be Naval with a sub surfacing off the coast and firing guided missiles and the RAF dealing with air threats. Politically do they dare? How would the Iranians react?

I believe they want the west to deal with it because it would be that much more decisive.

Do they really have the capability to carry out action as decisively as the US or UK though Malt based on the Syrian's air defense systems? Do they have the Military intelligence capability to designate targets as easily? It's alright having Typhoons and F-15s but are they enough? If the UK took action the majority would be Naval with a sub surfacing off the coast and firing guided missiles and the RAF dealing with air threats. Politically do they dare? How would the Iranians react?

I believe they want the west to deal with it because it would be that much more decisive.

I think any strikes will be via cruise missiles, but I think British Typhoons have a stand off launch air to ground capability.. Have the Saudis got the same or not?

Any launches will not be aircraft the yanks have carrier groups with more than capable resources plus the can defend the assets better , The missile destroyers on station could obliterate the country on their own

Edited by gonetoearth

Any launches will not be aircraft the yanks have carrier groups with more than capable resources plus the can defend the assets better , The missile desroya uss devastor is on station she could obliterate the country on here own

They got 4 Arleigh Burke class destroyers stationed there mate, that's all they'll ever need.. The Russians have sent a guided missile destroyer to the region too, I wouldn't be surprised to see them turn their guns on Syria as well after Putins comments this morning..

What little middle eastern state has a very big interest in keeping the Middle East unstable and their nations without their own centralised governments?

A state that has a lot of powerful friends in the UK,America and Europe?

What little middle eastern state has a very big interest in keeping the Middle East unstable and their nations without their own centralised governments?

A state that has a lot of powerful friends in the UK,America and Europe?

KIKELAND

Gents the Saudis are the ones funding the so called rebels, this isn't any secret, nor is it that the Iranians are supplying the Syrians.

It's already a proxy war.

Gents the Saudis are the ones funding the so called rebels, this isn't any secret, nor is it that the Iranians are supplying the Syrians.

It's already a proxy war.

As you say Nick, it's no secret, they have been since the start. But the question raised was "why don't they sort it?" after all they have quite a capable military.

My opinion is they don't want to risk it politically and would rather leave it to the more capable west to deal with. How Iran might react to the Saudi's taking such direct action is too much of a risk for them when the yanks are happy to deal with it anyway.

If Saudi and Iran set about each other the entire region would go up like a powder keg. There is now way the West or even the Russians/Chinese are going to sit and watch that happen as it's still one of our biggest sources of oil.

The Saudis are a spineless bunch anyway, they much prefer someone else doing their dirty work...think Iraq going to war with Iran in the 1980s. The after that war the Saudi's/Kuwaitis royally shafted Saddam which is why Iraq ended up invading Kuwait.

Like you say they would prefer us to sort it, the Saudi's aren't exactly well know for getting their hands dirty.

• Like 2

its a strange one, its not as if the rebels are even fighting for democracy is it, its about power within a religion as it always is with Muslims and there poxy stone age religion. whatever is done will be of no benefit to the majority of normal Syrians, the same with Egypt. until politics and religion are separated and freedom of choice accepted then this will still be going on in hundreds of years time. let them destroy each other as ultimately they will destroy humanity as peace is not an option with Islam

the saudis cant fight the war themselfs.far to many different seperate farctions,and wee kabals who couldnt agree black or white.the saudis as we all know are the most oppresive and privelaged they will never put that at risk.lot of arab nations would like to see the fall of saudi..far easier to let the west do it,and be potrayed as imperielists and war mongers.then like i said its the public and the soldiers who face the backlash,while the politicians are kept safe in there wee bubbles.let haig and all the rest pick up a rifle and go help the c**ts if there so concerned of thier plight. like stranger already said its been happening under our noses for decades in Rwanda and those other shitholes. kids been dragged from thier beds and either killed or mutilated by machetes,while we looked on,and did f**k all.cause like the middle east its another f***ing nation whos people are a bunch of barbaric uneducated savages. we tried it in africa we failed and couldnt get out the place quick enough.,guess for some history never teaches them anything.

• Like 2