The Ban!

I asked this on here a while ago and your getting the same response and the same thing no it will never get lifted at least not in are life times

A pitty really but again it doesn't stop the dogs retrieving game and slightly filling there potential ;)and of course the is always the humble rabbit

Jmo

Atb Tom ;)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol there is more chance of getting a ride on shergar than the hunting ban being lifted in the u/k ..

3 guys and 4 dogs ?........................thats why for the biggest part when hunting i like to keep my own company

FOR ANY ANTIS OR POLICE READING THIS, WHILE YOU AND YOUR FU@K ABOUT GANG ARE READING THIS,     THIS IS WHATS REALLY GOING ON IN THE UK   April 2012 Key child protection statistics MORE than 400

Don't make for a bad dog man

Some may not b able to get permission

And just can't resist the erg to hunt with

There dog

fair point but theres a difference betwenn havin a sneaky few runs where you shouldn't and going out mob handed wrecking land
Yep no need for that

i did more than most to try and stop the ban coming in but my honest opinion is it will never get lifted now its here and its going to get worse as time goes on ,i beleive the best years a long gone never to return as they were . feck me ime depressed just reading this back . :cray:

• Like 1

A MORI telephone poll was conducted between 1 and 3 June 1999 of 1,000 representative members of the Scottish population over 18 years of age to ask their views on a ban of hunting with dogs. They were asked:

‘To what extent would you support or oppose a BAN on hunting with dogs in Scotland’

The findings were:
Strongly support 55%
Tend to support 19%
Neither support nor oppose 9%
Tend to oppose 6%
Strongly oppose 4%
Don’t know/No opinion 6%
TOTAL SUPPORT FOR A BAN 75%
TOTAL OPPOSITION TO A BAN 10%

Also in June 1999 a MORI poll was conducted of 73 MSPs. They were asked:

‘If appropriately framed legislation to ban hunting wild mammals with dogs were to come before the Scottish Parliament, would you be prepared to vote for it, or not?’

The findings were:
Yes, would be prepared: 71%
No, would not be prepared: 15%
Don’t know 14%

Does the ban only apply england and wales? :blink:

Southern Ireland that has a partial ban, hares can only be coursed with a club license and the dogs must be muzzled, in Northern Ireland all coursing of the brown hare is illegal but the irish hare may be hunted when in season but not coursed at any pre arranged hunt or meet
Where did you get the brown hare is illegal to hunt in the north ???

in Northern Ireland ... it is legal to hunt any hare (brown or irish) with a lurcher as long as its not a coursing event ... it is also legal for a pack of hounds to hunt them ...

the brown hare as never been a protected species the irish hare was only ever on a tempory order that never got renewed in 2011 ...

the season for hare is 12th of august - 31st jan ...

Sorry what's the ban?

:laugh:

this is the consequences of the ban ;)

THREE men caught hare coursing on land at Coton have each been ordered to pay hundreds of pounds in fines, had their dogs confiscated and been banned from driving.

w c, 25, s h, 26, and c s, aged 25, who all come from Gravesend in Kent, pleaded guilty to trespass in pursuit of game at Whitwell Farm, Coton when they appeared before Cambridge magistrates.

The trio were arrested after the farmer's wife noticed them with four dogs on the village farmland on October 26, the court was told.

C and S were each fined £350, ordered to pay £200 a-piece in kenneling costs for the dogs during the wait for the court case and banned from driving for three months.

H, was fined £50 with £200 kenneling costs and also disqualified for three months.

The dogs, which two of the three hare coursers claimed belonged to their mothers, are to be rehomed.

in Northern Ireland ... it is legal to hunt any hare (brown or irish) with a lurcher as long as its not a coursing event ... it is also legal for a pack of hounds to hunt them ...

the brown hare as never been a protected species the irish hare was only ever on a tempory order that never got renewed in 2011 ...

the season for hare is 12th of august - 31st jan ...

i read it somewhere on here the other day :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sorry what's the ban? :laugh:

this is the consequences of the ban ;)

THREE men caught hare coursing on land at Coton have each been ordered to pay hundreds of pounds in fines, had their dogs confiscated and been banned from driving.

w c, 25, s h, 26, and c s, aged 25, who all come from Gravesend in Kent, pleaded guilty to trespass in pursuit of game at Whitwell Farm, Coton when they appeared before Cambridge magistrates.

The trio were arrested after the farmer's wife noticed them with four dogs on the village farmland on October 26, the court was told.

C and S were each fined £350, ordered to pay £200 a-piece in kenneling costs for the dogs during the wait for the court case and banned from driving for three months.

H, was fined £50 with £200 kenneling costs and also disqualified for three months.

The dogs, which two of the three hare coursers claimed belonged to their mothers, are to be rehomed.[

B

Cambridge is well known for a driving ban

If caught coursing dont think its the same every where ?

Edited by courseadog