Bushing Bulls

when I was with my ex I used to take her staff ferreting and just mooching had allsorts with him

had a excellent nose on him, he would go threw the thickest of brambles but only if he got a

scent of something he wouldn't just charge around crashing threw stuff for the sake of it

• Like 2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rubbish my staff would actively use her nose, she would follow sents without any difficulty from wood piles to gorse moor. Seen that dog track a scent for at least 400 yards  

and collies were bread for herding but you still want to youse a 3/4 collie to catch rabbits.....

My Patt has a smidgen of bull in him, no problem with his nose, no problem with his drive, he does everything that's asked of him, good cover dog for us.

Posted Images

I got a American bulldog here he's nearly nine now he works cover markes holes and I've seen him full speed throu fields and woods nose to the ground he can use he's nose they can be excellent bushing dogs and as was already said whatever they catch it's game over very quickly

Mines the same, smashes through any cover after picking up a scent! He will try go to ground or dog out any hole he can't get down if something's at home.

What Tracy said was pure rubbish!!

• Like 2

Have a staff pup 7months taking her out with the rest of my pack hope she comes good .

Put the time in one on one first mate it will be better in the long run. Take it out with the pack once it's got the basics or you'll end up with a dog the fuucks off on it's own accord on a mission to seek & destroy :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

this plummer has a little bull in its makeup. and has nose and drive. she has worked with a couple of bulls. (staffs) they did have reasonable noses but it depends on what you are comparing them too. the prime requisite of a bushing dog for me is nose. drive is good but without a really good nose its limited. but with plenty of both you have a handy beast.

post-2078-0-99698500-1390768918_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Agree with Stabs :yes: My Staff would hunt out anything she could using here nose. For example Dogfox and me were on a wander about, open field no cover save for a pile of branches and cut back in the middle ready to be fired. The staff headed straight for it from over 200meters away and flushed out the only feckin rabbit for miles :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

Ive been out bushing with westy with my springer spaniel and seen first hand how well they bush and pull quarry out of cover! brilliant bushing dog works well with the spaniel! !

Had a good few days out now that spaniel of yours is mustard!!!!!!

Also had some hairy moments to looool ;)

this plummer has a little bull in its makeup. and has nose and drive. she has worked with a couple of bulls. (staffs) they did have reasonable noses but it depends on what you are comparing them too. the prime requisite of a bushing dog for me is nose. drive is good but without a really good nose its limited. but with plenty of both you have a handy beast.

attachicon.gifsassy 2014.jpg

CS, do plummers follow a line like a lot of JRs do (the ones I've seen working) or are they capable of air scenting? (to some standard)

Do they travel/work any further or closer from the handler compared to other terriers?

attachicon.gifsassy 2014.jpg

CS, do plummers follow a line like a lot of JRs do (the ones I've seen working) or are they capable of air scenting? (to some standard)

Do they travel/work any further or closer from the handler compared to other terriers?

the bitch in the pic air scents bossie. and stays and works close most of the time. but on a hot scent she will be off .can be a nightmare at times. as she can cover the ground quickly. its funny to watch her air scenting as she is close to the ground and as the scent rises she spends most of her time stretching her neck or on two legs lol.

my other two tend to work nose to ground and are a little easier to control. i cant speak for plummers just the ones i have. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

I know some lads on here run staffs, but is there anyone running american bull dogs on here, and if so what are they like?

To put it bluntly SHIT well 90 percent are, much easier to go with something more conventional

Haha I'd agree as most over here are proper shite but mine is good at bushing/pushing out cover!! Gotta remember if your getting one from hunting lines which 90% over are not then they have a lot of hound blood in their make up. Mine has great nose, insane drive and will follow terriers through rabbit runs in bramble lol comes out bleeding from all over the daft twat....just gotta watch out for horses lol