Rabbiting Dogs

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres mine not one over 21tts thats all use them for mooching and a we bit lamping mostly ferreting

Posted Images

great wee vid and one of my dozen or so ........... and for ideation its not so much compare as admire and i know some like scottish hare hunters 'mia' , rays 'bryn' , the 'don' dog, borderscots merle dog and many more of similar quality have still to put in an appearance.....they're maybe just trying to be fashionably late and make an entrance lol

Out of the dogs i've actually seen in the flesh work. . . . in her day i'd honestly pick J.B's Gem. . . . and i'm not saying that because he is a mate. I've never hunted with a dog as tuned in to what is going on as her, she's done what needs doing before you'd thought of it. She was uncanny when on form.

Apart from that, i've seen the brindle dog in the pictures i've put up, do some very good shifts on the lamp. And she is a good, quiet, honest dog.

As for those i've not seen, i'm not sure, I really like border scots dogs, Northern lights, Andys. . . .mostly dogs that are worked by lads who hunt the same kind of land in the same kind of way. . . . but there are few on here I would say no to.

Let's not get into a number's game and spoil this thread folk's..i have a few picture's that won't be stuck on here for good reason.. :D ..the reason being my ball's are small so i need the Net to make them bigger but my ball's don't want to be bigger.. :tongue2: ..

Who was making it a numbers game mate? And why don't your balls want to be bigger? :laugh:

great wee vid and one of my dozen or so ........... and for ideation its not so much compare as admire and i know some like scottish hare hunters 'mia' , rays 'bryn' , the 'don' dog, borderscots merle dog and many more of similar quality have still to put in an appearance.....they're maybe just trying to be fashionably late and make an entrance lol

Out of the dogs i've actually seen in the flesh work. . . . in her day i'd honestly pick J.B's Gem. . . . and i'm not saying that because he is a mate. I've never hunted with a dog as tuned in to what is going on as her, she's done what needs doing before you'd thought of it. She was uncanny when on form.

Apart from that, i've seen the brindle dog in the pictures i've put up, do some very good shifts on the lamp. And she is a good, quiet, honest dog.

As for those i've not seen, i'm not sure, I really like border scots dogs, Northern lights, Andys. . . .mostly dogs that are worked by lads who hunt the same kind of land in the same kind of way. . . . but there are few on here I would say no to.

spoke to jb i'm a big fan of gem as well, if only she'd had a brother ........eh jazz

• Like 1

spoke to jb i'm a big fan of gem as well, if only she'd had a brother ........eh jazz

Aye mate. . . . . it's something i'm fecking gutted about to be honest. . . . we had planned to line her with Don. . . . but she never came into season and is now too old. Those would have been cracking pups for what I do. She was the kind of dog that if J.B couldnt come out hunting, I could call over the night before, she;d jump in the car, come to mine, sleep on the bed no bother, and then come half way across the country and work for me all day. . . . without batting an eyelid.

Infact - exactly the kind of pup i'm looking for now. . . . and failing miserably!

great thread on the verge of going off the rails :cray:

Aye. . . . it's always the way, some prick needs to jump in and start giving someone shit for no reason. . . . . that's just THL rob. Hopefully it'll stop now. :thumbs: