• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pups do get gifted all the time to trusted lads as has been said.I know lads that have gifted pups to people they think are to be trusted only to see the pup sold on at a later date.In fifteen years I

give up your latest mobile phone,stay of pop for a few weeks and you will have the coin sell your xbox?if you want something enough its not out of your reach-dont understand why anyone would go on pr

if you haven't the money for the decent bred pups then how about helping out a fella either by helping make new runs, feeding, cleaning up or helping him walk and train the dogs respect doesn't just h

Hi all ive been woundering for abit now whats happened to most of the good terriermen that used to give pups away to to keep yound terrier lads that are keen to work terriers and lurchers and keep are way of life going in the future. Has the terrier and lurcher game all gone or is going to the pound signs . Ppl selling pups for this price and that price . At the end of the day not everyone can afford half the prices now adays for good well bred terrier and lurcher pups .

hmm... didn't you have a litter last year for sale ? If so you could get one of that litter back if you gifted them to proper terriermen as you say, or did you cash them all lol ?

Cashing in on the little worker is not exactly a new phenomenon.I would say it started in earnest once travelling in these islands became a lot easier and when working shows became popular.It's been going on a while to say the least :snack:

Some prices for terrier are not normal here (germany) some sale them for 800 €

I agree yyou can not gift dogs to strangers because many will drive over you.

Looking for a patterdale bitch.

Not for free but will also not pay your new 4x4!

Will be in wales in two weeks.

Contact by pm please.

pay the coin-take your chance-and if it works out-YOU OWE NO CNUT :yes: imo-people want the pup for free,to tight to take dog for proper jabs etc-they the type i stay away from :yes: giving pups away to pricks dont make you a PROPER TERRIERMAN :laugh: LOL-you give for free when it suits and charge when you want-why the f**k if people wanted to pay you good coin would you give away for free?everyman has his price and if you say you cant be bought-THEN YOU A BAREFACED LIAR :laugh: IMHO-You can be anyone you want on the computer :icon_redface:

• Like 2

pay the coin-take your chance-and if it works out-YOU OWE NO CNUT :yes: imo-people want the pup for free,to tight to take dog for proper jabs etc-they the type i stay away from :yes: giving pups away to pricks dont make you a PROPER TERRIERMAN :laugh: LOL-you give for free when it suits and charge when you want-why the f**k if people wanted to pay you good coin would you give away for free?everyman has his price and if you say you cant be bought-THEN YOU A BAREFACED LIAR :laugh: IMHO-You can be anyone you want on the computer :icon_redface:

maybe your right bobby,,,,if you can be bought mate i'll give yeah a few quid for a run at your wife :toast:

maybe your right bobby,,,,if you can be bought mate i'll give yeah a few quid for a run at your wife :toast:

you can have a go for free :yes: as long as you take the bitch back to canada with you :laugh:

• Like 4

The main reason is there's to many lads / lasses that's been fcuked over by 5 min wonders that offer the world and when it comes to it the pups had 10 homes.

If there's litters being sold for 250 - 350 and I had a litter I would be selling mine for 300 because why should mine be worth any less ??

You say you don't want any shite but if your not going to pay a decent price to decent lads / lasses in the know then your just going to get no where !

If any thing a good working terrier pup from good lines, should cost top dollar because them sort of litters have had the most put in them.

Think of the dedication the owners have put the dam and sire through some grafting weekend in weekend out some 3 / 4 / 5 digs a week.

Get your hand in your pocket and pay for them then when you have a litter you can gift them or sell them for peanuts as you please

• Like 4

The main reason is there's to many lads / lasses that's been fcuked over by 5 min wonders that offer the world and when it comes to it the pups had 10 homes.

If there's litters being sold for 250 - 350 and I had a litter I would be selling mine for 300 because why should mine be worth any less ??

You say you don't want any shite but if your not going to pay a decent price to decent lads / lasses in the know then your just going to get no where !

If any thing a good working terrier pup from good lines, should cost top dollar because them sort of litters have had the most put in them.

Think of the dedication the owners have put the dam and sire through some grafting weekend in weekend out some 3 / 4 / 5 digs a week.

Get your hand in your pocket and pay for them then when you have a litter you can gift them or sell them for peanuts as you please

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: amen :whistling:

Owning Borders i hear all this shit about how many £s a pup should cost over and over again. Yes, the price of pups has gone f****n' stupid but so has the cost of everything else. 500 quid for a pup is a bit steep if you've got to pay for one, but i'll make the sacrifices to be able to buy one in if i need too. You can't expect to be gifted a pup from someone who's spent a lifetime of hard work & cash breeding a line of good workers. Traveling the country looking for the right sire/dam don't come cheap. Nor does the rearing of a litter. I totaly agree with Wxm's last reply. Well said matey bloke.

• Like 2

Problem is, paid or not, some genuine people can't get their hand on good stock anyway! Most of the time your paying for shite.

give up your latest mobile phone,stay of pop for a few weeks and you will have the coin :yes: sell your xbox?if you want something enough its not out of your reach-dont understand why anyone would go on preloved etc looking for a working dog-if your that stupid then buy the dream :icon_redface: if not-find someone who has what you want-pm them and be patient-the best things come to those who wait :yes: and if people didnt broadcast the breeding of their dogs allover the net,then these peddlar cnuts wouldt have all the right names to drop :icon_redface: just a thought :whistling:

• Like 6

paying for a pup also stops the "dog thief" labeling that tends to get banded about when lads have a fall out, gifted dogs that were allegedly only loaned are normally at the root of these allegations when you dig deep enough :whistling:

Problem is, paid or not, some genuine people can't get their hand on good stock anyway! Most of the time your paying for shite.

theres a common phrase on here go's along the lines of "if your not in the know then you just wont know"

my advice would be to get in the know :thumbs:

• Like 3

When all's said and done, what you pay for is the wealth of knowlege and carefull breeding by the well known Terriermen who know what they're talking about. If ya want a pup for f**k all you'll have to make do with what ever mutt is about. If ya want something decent do what booby blackheart say's. Give up something, sell something, you'll get what you want sooner or later. Me thinks there's far too many people about nowadays expecting top dollar stuff and not willing to make any sacrifices to pay for it.

• Like 2