Buck Had Haircut .!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ray...the thing you have to remember mate is that this dog only has to please you...no one else matters....   If he pleases you...it's job done....

if theres one thing ive learnt about dogs and thats dont judge them by there looks.   ive seen some right mongrel looking things out in the field perform well, on the other hand ive seen the raciest

FFS the pups 10 and a half month old......... Ray he looks well not being funny here but what more do you want from a saplin?   He's comeing along fine?, Stockbroke fine? Had his mouth around a few

am sorry but the people saying that this dog should do the job on big game and run all night am i looking at the same dog as you lot? i cant see it myself

if theres one thing ive learnt about dogs and thats dont judge them by there looks.

ive seen some right mongrel looking things out in the field perform well, on the other hand ive seen the raciest smartest looking dogs out in the field and they are just simply shit.

• Like 3

he looks different there ray. the new season is fast apraoching and he will be a good age to start the season.

yeh jon, couple months get him on couple rabbits nice+steady , prob bell tuesday night :thumbs:

Not my cup of tea but as long as he pleases you that's all that matters. My grandad used to keep Alsatianxgreys down in the new forest and they killed plenty of deer for him. He said they did sometimes make a fox on the lamp look hard work but interestingly he took plenty of hares with them on the lamp. All the best with him I hope he works out for you.

A while back I was thinking of going down the malinoi/greyhound route or maybe Dutch shepherd X greyhound. But I didnt think they could do anything some of the more common crosses couldn't. But if we all had the same opinion the dog game would be a boring world .....

Atb

Ray , remember the fellhound x bullgrey , I had ? 28tts and 80lb , used to pull roe down , and once carried a hare back to me over 2 fivebar gates , even held a stag down till we got to him , he used to get there cause he wanted it badly , the good ones do !

• Like 1

Not my cup of tea but as long as he pleases you that's all that matters. My grandad used to keep Alsatianxgreys down in the new forest and they killed plenty of deer for him. He said they did sometimes make a fox on the lamp look hard work but interestingly he took plenty of hares with them on the lamp. All the best with him I hope he works out for you.

A while back I was thinking of going down the malinoi/greyhound route or maybe Dutch shepherd X greyhound. But I didnt think they could do anything some of the more common crosses couldn't. But if we all had the same opinion the dog game would be a boring world .....

Atb

yeh prob not everybodys cup of tea, i can see that but as you say there were very good x on big deer and few foxes. Its funny you get some dogs pre ban would pull 150lb deer down + face a stag, but not over keen on a poxy 18lb dog fox lol .With any dog you never know regards facing teeth, they will or they wont .? The Malino x grey i think would be a very full on type dog, as long as the Mal came through.There differnt temps to gsd's , my pup quite layed back, where as Malinoxs would be more hyper temp.Iseen a pure Mal the other day, bloody hell there feckin nutters when when wound up lol, i stick with a chilled out Buck anyday :thumbs:

Ray , remember the fellhound x bullgrey , I had ? 28tts and 80lb , used to pull roe down , and once carried a hare back to me over 2 fivebar gates , even held a stag down till we got to him , he used to get there cause he wanted it badly , the good ones do !

yeh he was very good dog that, like you say (if) there good ones, time will tell mate :yes:

Good Looks Never Caught Anything , Judging A Young Dog As Some Have Here Is Ignorant , The Dog Will Be Judged In The Field By The Man Who Slips Him , Ive Never Worked Or Seen This X Work So Dont Have A Valid Opinion Off The X , But What I Can Say Confidently Is That Good Lads From Yrs Back Have Sworn By This Type And That Itself Speaks Volumes , The Dog Can't Be Compared To Another Type , Ive A Whippet Here Who Will Do Things In The Field Buck Won't . . But Ray Has A Dog There That Will Do Things In The Field My Whippet Won't . . Horses For Courses So Too Speak , There's An Old Saying You Can't Put In Whats Not There . . But You Also Can't Take Out What Is There . Best Off Luck With Him Ray , Hopefully He'll Do You Proud Mate .

Decent looking dog, as I have said before, but deffinately not my cup of tea.

Too big, to heavy (NOT the pup, just the cross in general)

Had a bloke visit with one a few years back, he reckoned it was a great dog, did this did that etc,, it spent a few hours on the big fields and had to be lifted into the car. Totaly done in, and not with a massive amount of work.

I`d hate to imagine the pounding those shoulders will take if it gets on a long run after a hare. Hopefully it will thin out a good bit, I suspect it will as its still WAY to young to judge the final build, (to an extent, it`s still going to he a lump of a dog)

I can see why folk want to try somit different, but there are reasons why the popular lurcher x`s are the popular ones. Cause they work.

Oh and by the way, don`t shoot me down for saying it. We are all entiltled to our opinions if we air them civily

Good Looks Never Caught Anything , Judging A Young Dog As Some Have Here Is Ignorant , The Dog Will Be Judged In The Field By The Man Who Slips Him , Ive Never Worked Or Seen This X Work So Dont Have A Valid Opinion Off The X , But What I Can Say Confidently Is That Good Lads From Yrs Back Have Sworn By This Type And That Itself Speaks Volumes , The Dog Can't Be Compared To Another Type , Ive A Whippet Here Who Will Do Things In The Field Buck Won't . . But Ray Has A Dog There That Will Do Things In The Field My Whippet Won't . . Horses For Courses So Too Speak , There's An Old Saying You Can't Put In Whats Not There . . But You Also Can't Take Out What Is There . Best Off Luck With Him Ray , Hopefully He'll Do You Proud Mate .

thanks mate :thumbs: