Catapults

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe the reason you couldnt hit anything is because that is actually a television aerial !...................You want a catapult Lab

im not sure if your on the wind up....again   but black widows are shiite

All I'm trying to do at the end of the day is make sure that people are furnished with the truth and not misinformed. Some youngster just starting out may believe your comments about the Black Widow a

Posted Images

pigeon.jpg

I knew I had a photo of a Black Widow kill somewhere!!

BPR, have you ever used tubes or squares? All we had years ago was flatbands cut from inner tubes. We didn't have rotary cutters back then and had to make one continuous straight cut along the tube with a razor blade. If you stopped the blade then you'd normally get a premature tear at the point where you stopped. Squares were available at the same time and were far more durable but they cost money. Tubes were space age tech and we believed them to be vastly more powerful, although we now know that they weren't.

If you learn to shoot with tubes or squares in a more regimented fashion it will make you a better shooter when you try Theraband, IMO. The smooth shooting nature of tubes and squares is far more forgiving for a novice, than the brutal snap of Theraband.

kranky gave troter one of them bands you gave me as he had square on his milbro,his accuracy has well gone up and hes taking maggies and micks on a daily basis now....im yet to use mine yet but i know i will do well with it :thumbs:

• Like 1

What is the best current elastic ? and, were do you get it ?

loads out there mate. and its all personal opinion.

i like 040 latex bands....

or single theraband gold. :thumbs:

kranky gave troter one of them bands you gave me as he had square on his milbro,his accuracy has well gone up and hes taking maggies and micks on a daily basis now....im yet to use mine yet but i know i will do well with it :thumbs:

Excellent! I'm glad they're working out.

I got suspended from school for hunting the school field with a chored Diablo I loved that catty :) I found an old milbro in a shed and kranky fitted it with squares really enjoy shooting that was miles better as a kid but its great fun out with the dogs or road siding.

ofcoursw ive used tubes and squares.

dont rate them at all and personally wouldnt think they are easier to shoot than flats.

I don't think they're easier, I know they are. But with all due respect I have far more experience than you so it's easier for me to make a comparison.

I guess the proof is in the pudding.

Partridge003.jpg

Just for the record I do shoot Theraband a lot. I've taken bunnies at 25 yards with it (in front of witnesses) and took a squirrel out of a tree at 30 yards with a headshot. (1st shot). I like it but I also rate the other elastics available.

Just for the record I do shoot Theraband a lot. I've taken bunnies at 25 yards with it (in front of witnesses) and took a squirrel out of a tree at 30 yards with a headshot. (1st shot). I like it but I also rate the other elastics available.

You must be shit hot mate :thumbs: how long you been doing it? Do you need to be dedicated to reach them levels and do you compete? I'm a million miles away from that but I'd cream my pants if I got something half those distances lol.

• Like 1

Once you get the hang of it, everything just clicks. I shoot all the time and have been for 25+ years. I even shoot bits of cut up eraser in my office! Loads of practice when dog walking or fishing or waiting for meetings or waiting for traffic lights to turn green. I don't compete, I just feed my ferrets and dogs and have the occasional game bird for the table.

Confidence plays a bit part in it too. I'd rather use the catty than any of my guns. I was fishing on the beach the other night and hit a 2" metal pole that was sticking up from the shingle, at 25 yards, in the dark, I had witnesses to that too. That was also my first shot at it. I like to go on and on about it afterwards, just to annoy everyone. Rascal_2005 enjoys watching the long shots but gets angry about them because I send him off to make the retrieve.