Catapults

Blue Pocket Rocket is up your way and does great cattys at really good prices so I'd have a word with him mate.

As for ammo my favourite is 10mm but they cost a fair bit more than the 9.5mm, and yes, they are a biatch to learn how to shoot :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe the reason you couldnt hit anything is because that is actually a television aerial !...................You want a catapult Lab

im not sure if your on the wind up....again   but black widows are shiite

All I'm trying to do at the end of the day is make sure that people are furnished with the truth and not misinformed. Some youngster just starting out may believe your comments about the Black Widow a

Posted Images

I dunno how you walked about with that lab never mind used it. Can you imagine going hunting with your mates and pulling that out :laugh: I'd rather soak my balls in ice and go for a communal shower with all my mates that use that in company :D

Atleast i could hit stuff....not like you f*****g Stevie Wonder i'd be going home, albeit :icon_redface: but not hungry............ :D

Only got the thing on Saturday mun, give me time :D least when I'm out I won't be interfering with the polices scanners :laugh:

Blue Pocket Rocket is up your way and does great cattys at really good prices so I'd have a word with him mate.

As for ammo my favourite is 10mm but they cost a fair bit more than the 9.5mm, and yes, they are a biatch to learn how to shoot :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Aye maybe he could send Baw that one he designed from that pit of plastic pipe......that was a cracker....... :D

Think I might have burned my bridges with him mate :laugh: besides, krankys been the most helpful and I'm a loyal c**t that way. Plus he said the favourite Scottish word...... Gift :laugh:

• Like 1

small glass marbles is the way to go, they are nice colours and if games scarce you can always have a game of marbles

I was watching one of those antique pish programmes the other week. 30 odd quid for a jar of marbles she got at auction, dear f***ing hobby now mate lol.

Think I might have burned my bridges with him mate :laugh: besides, krankys been the most helpful and I'm a loyal c**t that way. Plus he said the favourite Scottish word...... Gift

And possibly one or two more on here??? :icon_redface::tongue2::laugh:

right BAW ya fanny... :laugh:

like has already been said...the black widow...and the many cheaper variants with the attractive names....cobra....etc.... are extremely iconic. you go into most fishing shops and they will have some there (or they used to) ....

mention a black widow to somebody...and they will know what one is....most will have had one :yes:

my point about them being shiite....was compared to the many smaller...more powerfull catapults around today...

im not sure what a black widow retails at now....but i seen them at the yorkshire for 25+ quid....

to spend 25quid on a black widow...to use and abuse....then realise soon enough you require something a bit 'better'....

better meaning....

they are quite large....and cumbersome...and with todays laws and the 'everybody is out to get you' mentality.... you dont want to be flashing it about...

-theres much smaller catapults around that will slip in your pocket....and dont look half as 'intimidating'.

power is 'ok' ....but i am biased...i hate tubes and squared elastic ....

much more power can be gained from a set of theraband gold and the likes....and again they are flat...so easy to pocket.

if a black widow is what you have got...then get shooting with it....

but everything you learn with that...will change once you buy a 'wooden' one or similar....

the way you hold it...the points of aim...the draw...

its a good starting point though....and any catapult....is better than no catapult :thumbs:

good luck.

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket

Think I might have burned my bridges with him mate :laugh: besides, krankys been the most helpful and I'm a loyal c**t that way. Plus he said the favourite Scottish word...... Gift

And possibly one or two more on here??? :icon_redface::tongue2::laugh:

:laugh: aye one or two :D they want me to go on that fishing trip, it wouldn't be a rod I'd need, it would be f***ing flippers and a snorkel :laugh:

LOL!!! Yes, with a Barnett type you hold them side on to the target, make sure that the ball is in the dead centre of the pouch and the pouch is folded perfectly in half, draw the pouch back to your face and anchor it either under your eye or to the corner of your mouth, make sure that the catty remains square to the target (i.e. don't let the force of pulling the bands back cause the frame to twist in your hand) align the top of the fork tip with the target and let the pouch go. Adjust where you put the fork tip depending on where you hit on the target. Different anchor points on your face will affect the point of impact. Ensuring that the pouch is folded exactly in half and the ball is centred plays a big part in ensuring accuracy. A consistent hold and draw are needed. It's very similar to archery in technique. Which ever is your dominant hand should be used to pull the bands back, so a right handed shooter should hold the catapult frame in their left hand.

A Black Widow is a good starting point and don't let anyone tell you different.

Very interesting.....just out of interest Kranky,realistically how accurate would you yourself expect to be on a target from say 30 feet ? within what a few inches ? 6 inches ?.....say if you averaged it out over 10 shots ?

I had a go with one abroad last month and was absolutely f****n useless i couldnt get within a few feet :icon_redface: ......I dont like things getting the better of me but no matter how hard i tried i just couldnt get to grips with it :censored: yet the technique i used was pretty much what you described.

At 10 yards I'd want to hit every time or miss by a few mm. I try and take head shots at that distance. I do miss a few, because a pigeons head is small.

I do hit a few though........

CFBCF87A-2845-48E9-A565-B79690610AFC-165

549E5BE8-FC6B-4768-9BAF-2BB9C0030471-165

0E5B1779-753C-43FC-83EA-B8209AC446F5-165

78014E91-33DD-4990-849D-E33AAA8A9604-165

A pigeons head from 10 yards :icon_eek: ......thats some going Hawkeye !............I can barely see a pigeons head from 10 yards...............Very impressive mate good for you :thumbs:

• Like 1

right BAW ya fanny... :laugh:

like has already been said...the black widow...and the many cheaper variants with the attractive names....cobra....etc.... are extremely iconic. you go into most fishing shops and they will have some there (or they used to) ....

mention a black widow to somebody...and they will know what one is....most will have had one :yes:

my point about them being shiite....was compared to the many smaller...more powerfull catapults around today...

im not sure what a black widow retails at now....but i seen them at the yorkshire for 25+ quid....

to spend 25quid on a black widow...to use and abuse....then realise soon enough you require something a bit 'better'....

better meaning....

they are quite large....and cumbersome...and with todays laws and the 'everybody is out to get you' mentality.... you dont want to be flashing it about...

-theres much smaller catapults around that will slip in your pocket....and dont look half as 'intimidating'.

power is 'ok' ....but i am biased...i hate tubes and squared elastic ....

much more power can be gained from a set of theraband gold and the likes....and again they are flat...so easy to pocket.

if a black widow is what you have got...then get shooting with it....

but everything you learn with that...will change once you buy a 'wooden' one or similar....

the way you hold it...the points of aim...the draw...

its a good starting point though....and any catapult....is better than no catapult :thumbs:

good luck.

:D cheers for that mate, get your point on size etc, I actually thought the more powerful ones would be bigger. You've got me thinking mate, I'm a dab hand with the old wood, might just tussle myself up a catty, they hard to make? What I mean is, I'd imagine the errr legs lol need to be perfect in line etc? What is the laws with them? Cheers for responding, was only kidden with the fanny comment :D pal :laugh:

id recommend finding a natural fork....

shaping it...treating it and your away.

just finished this today.... but the wood split during drying which is a gutter.... but i carries on with it anyway as the colour of the wood was superb...

20130619_123025_zpsf439b856.jpg

Quality that BPR, will the crack not weaken it

yep. will weaken it...

but enjoyed making it...and i will just shoot it myself....

so if it does cause and injury.... its me who has to deal with it :thumbs:

should be fine with a set of singles....