Great Huntsmen

It wouldnt feel like a hunt kennels without the smell of a flesh house.

I remember skinning everything out, on the floor, with nothing but a few ropes to help turn big cows and horses. Cant believe I didnt get a hernia. I sometimes help out at a local knacker yard if they are busy and are in need of help or cover their holidays for them, we often get through 30 cows in a day and seeing how its done in a big yard I cant believe how hard some kennels make skinning.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well lads great huntsmen,they are not born over night,the same as any trade there is a apprenticeship without a older head on board you are going to have problems,when you first start at the bottom as

One of the main problems is that in the past, to become a huntsman you had to start at the bottom and work your way up until you became the huntsman to one of the smaller pack's, do a few seasons and

Not only are fell and most foot pack differant to there mounted counterparts they are funded differently , selction of staff at mounted pack can be by the master masters , on recommendation , i. D

I remember skinning everything out, on the floor, with nothing but a few ropes to help turn big cows and horses. Cant believe I didnt get a hernia. I sometimes help out at a local knacker yard if they are busy and are in need of help or cover their holidays for them, we often get through 30 cows in a day and seeing how its done in a big yard I cant believe how hard some kennels make skinning.

Done that mate, chaining them to the floor and dragging the skin off with the hilux!!!. Lol. Happy days.

The only thing I regret about hunt service is that I didn't go straight into it when I was sixteen I genuinely love my job and the lifestyle that accompanies it.

Rent boying was obviously paying better at that time

It was until we all got undercut by you lot of barrow boys cruising around Bethnel Green

Wilf and his team would only charge pennies for some action, like a team of pimped up cockney street urchins.
. Fagan they call him i beleave or. Is it the dodger. Lol

Done that mate, chaining them to the floor and dragging the skin off with the hilux!!!. Lol. Happy days.

I never saw 1 skin pulled off in hunt service, we skinned everything out. Even a cheap winch and a compressor would of helped, I didnt know at the time or I would of bought them myself! I remember skinning my first sheep and holeing the hide, I hid it in the pile worried id get a bollocking off the huntsman! at the end of the month he threw the whole pile in the incinerator as they wernt worth a thing...... never been as relieved!! :laugh:

The only thing I regret about hunt service is that I didn't go straight into it when I was sixteen I genuinely love my job and the lifestyle that accompanies it.

I didnt realise you were in professional hunt service, what do you do pal, if you dont mind me asking?

commenting on individuals who cant defend themselves is not the way forward.

as for peoples/hunts financial positions I think some would be very surprised. some hunts/masters are very rich but most are very poor and have to be very careful. different people have different views on what is good and what is not anyway, personally Im not bothered either way anymore unless whom ever is at the helm wants to go hunting and does everything within their power to make that happen.

the only way to decided on someone is to see for your own eyes.... Leveller is a messer and embarrassment and nothing without his teckles and "specs".