Kit Prices

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just seen on gumtree an add...   "ferret kits... albinos-10pound.....black eyed whites-30pound...polecat-20pound...   cmon' Ffs...   gave away 2 castrated hobs to a neighbour...worth over 120qui

Ive never paid for a ferret, And if i bred a litter for own use, the surplus Kits would be free.

Anyone charging £30 for a kit is breeding for the wrong reasons

I dont sell ferrets,but anything under ten pounds does'nt give the buyer the determination to look after it .

Why should he if he can just buy another one for say a fiver.

If he gets fed up with it ,he can just dump it. Charge more and most people will look after them.

Sorry for all the genuine ferreters out there, but we all know there's alot of cowboys out there.

• Like 2

Never charged for a ferret like to think i help folk giving them what could be a good working ferret with time and effort spent on it , And maybe if circumstances where different they would help me out

• Like 2

How much should I be looking at spending for 2 Jill ferrets, just wondering if people are just being greedy, thanks gaz

Prices can vary hugely from £15 to £35. that's the difference I've paid in the past eg my current 10 week old kit cost me £30

Edited by onthehunt

Anyone charging £30 for a kit is breeding for the wrong reasons ;)

I found out later that his other silver and sandy kits were £15 though but because mine is polecat colour I was charged more. he had the colours I wanted and I happened to be in the area at the time.

I found out later that his other silver and sandy kits were £15 though but because mine is polecat colour I was charged more. he had the colours I wanted and I happened to be in the area at the time.

I dont see the logic. Polecat is a common colour so why would you pay more for it?

• Like 1

The fact that the breeder was charging more for a polecat coloured fert would have been enough for me to have said no thanks (in any colour) I haven't bred this year,but when I did the last litter (polecats,silvers ,sandies and albinos)were either gifted to friends or £10 to anyone else to cover food etc.Not knocking you pal,your money ,your choice :thumbs:

I dont see the logic. Polecat is a common colour so why would you pay more for it?

The fact that the breeder was charging more for a polecat coloured fert would have been enough for me to have said no thanks (in any colour) I haven't bred this year,but when I did the last litter (polecats,silvers ,sandies and albinos)were either gifted to friends or £10 to anyone else to cover food etc.Not knocking you pal,your money ,your choice :thumbs:

I didn't know the polecat colours were £15 more I only found out later when I looked at his advert online and saw the price difference. gave me a surprise that's for sure :huh: I wasn't angry though I cant understand why he'd charge more for that colour either.

Never charged for a ferret like to think i help folk giving them what could be a good working ferret with time and effort spent on it , And maybe if circumstances where different they would help me out

Ive never paid for a ferret, And if i bred a litter for own use, the surplus Kits would be free.

Never paid for or sold a ferret...always free to lads who'll graft them :thumbs: ...but if you turn up to get them and I think you're an idiot...you're going home without them...seems fair eh???

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/290366-ferret-kitsfree-to-lads-wholl-graft-them/

• Like 3