My Bitch Died Today

I lost my bitch today, just 2 1/2 years the poor soul. She was beyond doubt my closest pal. She would give everything to get onto most things and in her time made a good fist of rabbit and a great deal other prey that she probably shouldnt have but once she was on to something nothing would stop her which proved her undoing. This morning my wife took her for a walk in the local forest and she got onto a herd of deer. She was kicked and the hoof punctured through her belly and into her ribs and left her innards out. My wife rang me to say a Land Rover was on its way to get them out but she was breathing through her stomach. Needless to say she died in the car to the vets.

Even lying under a towel in at the vets she looked magnificent. Nothing could touch her round here anyway for speed or intelligence, a true lurcher she knew how to use her whits and her speed. Too quick for her own good maybe. She was a beautfiful creature and had such elegance and was all I could wish. RIP Annabel, so many great memories to cherish in toom short a time, I shall miss you greatly.

Cheers

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As has been said..the perils of a working lurcher are many..if you love the game then you'll be back at it in no time

at some point in life if you work dogs its going to happen to you you can bet your life on it ive lost 2 myself while out working them so know how you feel

really feel you mate but she died doing the job she loved

Same as has already been said mate...........its a hard thing to deal with.....i sympathise with your loss.... dont let it put you off altogether.

All the best and chin up.

B

Really sorry to readthis , it was me last weekend so know exactly how you feel , as some have said at least she died being a proper lurcher and doing what you both loved doing together, take a few days out mate and then start again look for a nice pup to fetch on and us what youlearned form her to make the next one as much of a pleasure to own, sorry again for yor loss

RIP

Aw mate reading this made me cry for you. True love for your dog there, she died doing what she loved at least and by the sounds of it had a great home while she was alive. Sorry for your loss.