The Springer Revoloution

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some good reply`s guys .To be fair im a little let down by some the comments ive recieved , as i feel its being taken the wrong way .The sly snipes people have aimed towards me are like water off a du

Im just sat here , having just charged my guns , MFR .20 , and Airwolf .177 , for a trip out tommorow , and im thinking do i need a spring gun ?     We started many years ago with a springer , my l

At the end of the day it yet again all boils down to personal choice!   I personally love shooting a spring rifle, Ive been using them since the age of 8 when I didnt know PCP's existed. It takes so

Posted Images

How do any of you guys rate the BSA ultra multi shot ??

Is £300 decent for a 2nd hand one ?? With one mag ?

It's a smart little piece of kit mate and depending on the condition 300 rags seems a fair price. I don't think you will be disappointed. And if you are, you will always fetch back what you paid for it.

Cheers chaps.. One on Selling site and its local.. So will have a look at it..

£300 is the most I can spend before her indoors gets violent :laugh::laugh:

Don't tell her, its worth the kick in the knackers when your caught :laugh:

• Like 2

Each to his own, but for me you can't beat a springer,a self contained rifle where all you need for a great day out is as many pellets as you can shoot and enough tea to be going on with.

I've had a few pcp's but I find springers a real pleasure to shoot.

• Like 2

sometimes I can put 3 or 4 shots all touching at 35 yards .. SOMETIMES haha and I have to be on very good form to do it,, then the 4th or 5th shot usually goes and inch in a different direction! haha but hey that's just springers for ya! :D

edit to add.. theres not a cat in hells chance of me doing it past 45 yards tho :laugh:

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale
  • Like 1

sometimes I can put 3 or 4 shots all touching at 35 yards .. SOMETIMES haha and I have to be on very good form to do it,, then the 4th or 5th shot usually goes and inch in a different direction! haha but hey that's just springers for ya! :D

edit to add.. theres not a cat in hells chance of me doing it past 45 yards tho :laugh:

Ditto :yes:

I started out like most with springers, using a tuned HW35 for many years. I then moved onto a AA 310k, which although easy to shoot had been bodged by a previous owner. That went and I went back to the 35 for many years. About 3 years ago I took the plunge and bought a Hw100. What an accurate and user friendly piece of kit that was! However good it was, it left me feeling cold, and as the springer got nearly as much use and has always been my got to airgun, I sold it a few months back with a view to getting a top end springer to replace it.

Comparing the 2 types back to back is like comparing a sports car driven with and then without all the safety aids such as ABS and traction control. With, is ultimately faster out of the blocks. But without is far more enjoyable to drive and ultimately, with time you will develop the skill needed to match the sanitised version

Shooting is no different to most things in life, success is not a destination, but the quality of the journey

• Like 3

they both have a place! the pcp is more business and the springer more pleasure. if you have a serious number of pests to control that silent, multi shot, easy loading, is for sure a real help. but on the other hand if you just want a few for the pot and a nice time well the simple springer is a great tool! easy to maintain and tune to your own requirements, and in my mind makes you think a bit more about the hold and the shot you are taking. i reach for the pro every time but the 410 is still worth hanging on to.

• Like 5