• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You've pretty much nailed all of mine lol Ronnie Barkers stuff is top drawer. An you can never beat a bit of "HAROLD" Steptoe was brilliant!

Some of the younger members on here might not know this,,, the old Indian in it ain't half hot mum,,, was in fact English his name was Michael bates,,,,, he also played the original 3 rd man in last o

Some great shows mentioned. Mostly reality shows nowadays, I cant be done with them. Monty Python, Fools and Horses, Steptoe, Porridge and Rising Damp were my favourites.

Some great shows mentioned. Mostly reality shows nowadays, I cant be done with them. Monty Python, Fools and Horses, Steptoe, Porridge and Rising Damp were my favourites.

• Like 3

Love Thy Neighbour was great at the time but I've got the DVD series and it's so cardboard acting it's unreal .

I agree that rewatching some of the old comedies is hard work as they have aged.I used to love the Young ones the first time around but even thats dated.The real classics usually get churned out at christmas on tv,and theyre the ones that have usually stood the test of time.

As an aside i used to like Star Trek,but i feel the original with Shatner and Nimmoy is so dated now its totally crap and unwatchable. :icon_eek:

Steptoe, Porridge, Open all Hours, Only fools or horses, Rising Damp, loads more of the old stuff!

Mind Your Lanuguage

Bottle Boys

Going Straight (bettter than Porridge IMO)

Shame they had to stop that so early when Richard Beckinsale died, it had the potential to be great IMO.. :yes::thumbs:

Porridge is still my most watched... I can flick over, see any part of any episode, keep watching and love it..!

Fools & Horses, as Gnash said, faltered in later years. Go back, watch the first couple of series, you'll see the difference. For me the turning point was Rodney's marriage.

Rising Damp was quality as was The Good Life.

Two others not mentioned, (for those of us old enough!) are George & Mildred (Youtha Joyce, genius!) and Mind Your Language... Remember them..??

On the buses, The liver birds, Red dwarf, The Comedians, Monty python, The Carry on films, Wolfie smith (can't remember the actual name of the series) The benny Hill show, and most of the usual ones, Only fools and horses. etc..........................