Help !!!! New Dog Any Clues To Breeding,possible Bedlington Cross ??

Picked this 18month old bitch up for free this weekend previous owner was struggling with her and the poor bitch spent most of her day in a crate. Hardly walked claws needed clipping and feet are still pink but she's eager to please and walks to heel off the lead has excellent recall which is nice as I've only ever had lurchers that are at least 1/2 saluki, she's got a very strong chase instinct to so possible potential and if not she'll keep my Saluki X in shape out of season.

The previous owner said she was whippet X bedlington/greyhound, having never had a dog with beddy in it I'm not convinced as I always think of them as rough coated. To me she looks she may have some bull as her head is square like a staffy but Ive never had a bull cross either so any pointers would be appreciated either way shes a little cracker .

Cheers :thumbs:

745E8175-76AC-4EA3-BFF3-9CED176A63B0-489

75739178-7738-49DA-A7CB-5883FCE41D6E-489

F23EBDE9-60EF-4F4E-A5B7-CB351A809C6C-489

248DCBF6-7AC2-4A4D-9B07-C5561D0C3C52-489

44251AF0-4BF1-4ACA-9FD0-C2CDF422AAFB-489

B9CC5E08-0986-4833-9B78-4353824C416A-489

E3B9FB67-0286-48D5-85A0-7984CDE55427-489

the ears remind me of my old bitch :laugh: . so on that and from the body shape i'd say theres collie blood and whippet with a dash of something else more than likely bull but you can't count out the bedlington.

the dogs behavior will surely give you an insight to the breeding also.

aint this the bitch what the lad who was going to newzealand gave to a lad off here,....? hope not as it would of been passed on again.......looks very much like it...

nice looking dog all the same ,..............some collie xs have big heads .........which look bully

my guess would be collie grey x whippet beddy

aint this the bitch what the lad who was going to newzealand gave to a lad off here,....? hope not as it would of been passed on again.......looks very much like it...

nice looking dog all the same ,..............some collie xs have big heads .........which look bully

if you mean me then no i still have it! i was going to say it looks very much alike and the same age! i was told mine was 3/4 whippetx1/4 bedlington x 5/8greyhoundx3/8 collie.

• Like 1

if you mean me then no i still have it! i was going to say it looks very much alike and the same age! i was told mine was 3/4 whippetx1/4 bedlington x 5/8greyhoundx3/8 collie.

got too admit mate looks just like it.........didnt mean to cause any upset............glad you still got the dog mate , hope it serves you well.........

just hate too see dogs passed on ,....i know some have too with good explanation ,....but the majority are poor excuses,,,cheers

edit too say could be same litter

• Like 1

got too admit mate looks just like it.........didnt mean to cause any upset............glad you still got the dog mate , hope it serves you well.........

just hate too see dogs passed on ,....i know some have too with good explanation ,....but the majority are poor excuses,,,cheers

edit too say could be same litter

your not w

you haven't upset me mate :thumbs: it wouldn't surprise me if they were from the same litter what with the looks and age and you're not wrong about the working dog merry go round!boil's my p1ss :censored:

• Like 1

wouldn't worry about it mate, the only time it might matter is if you breed from her. Even then, what it can do will be alot more important than whats in it. Could be whippet xbeddy gray, could have a dash of collie and/or bull too, seen plenty of smooth beddy x's. good look wi her mate, looks a useful sort.