Removal Of Dewclaws Off Lurcher Pups.... What's Your Views

why are they born with them if they serve no purpose.nature surley put them there for some reason.

What are you born with apendics ... They serve no purpose and can kill you ..?....

Or brains for some of the thick kunts on here...

• Like 4

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again........better nipped off at two days old than ripped off at two years old!

Or brains for some of the thick kunts on here...

if you don't cut them back far enough they will grow back

Well yes but under that logic my appendix should be doing something other than being a potential timebomb...

I wouldn't of removed them at all either, but after what my doby went through it would have been better for her to have had rid when a pup, working dogs are at a higher risk of catching them just die to the nature of what they do.

Dew claws are a left over digit, that has all but disappeared through lack of use - same as "chestnuts" on horses, and appendices in us, now we are omnivore not herbivore. In dog generations to come, no dogs will have them at all. A lot of breeds already don't, especially on back legs.

• Like 1

Off as a pup!! My old bitch had hers left on and caused a serious injury to one leg which led to an op to take both off. This surgery went wrong and caused the bitch alot of pain that was totally unnecessary had they been nipped at a few days old, not to mention the financial cost to me!!

• Like 1

What did you put across her mate .....l..

my father's collie greyhound x whippet mate

Was that the dog I seen at perham mate .........

yes pal

Should be a nice litter there mate :thumbs: ............

my 3 still have theres on but there not fast enough to cause them bother but prefer them of if they ever got bother with them they would be removed straight away :thumbs:

My beddy/whippet had to have his off as an adult after he smashed one.. :yes: Not great for the poor bugger, it messed up his first proper season on the rabbits and he never really got going properly again. Me having issues that interrupted his second season at it didn't help, but I still think it was that set back in his first one that done the damage. :thumbs:

07-10-09_1623.jpg

10-10-09_1345.jpg

09-10-09_2326.jpg