Is The Greyhound Blood Really Needed In A Fen Dog ??

A saluki has more than enough speed for a fenland hare. It also has an inbuilt instinct on how to use it. Im looking forward to seeing this pup run on my land and seeing the qualitys a pure sal has.

don't get to exited most pure salukis don't cut the mustard, they just lack that little bit extra

And what is that little extra ???

think he mean,s SPEED and a bitta extra drive.

full salukis very plody if you want something plody with a lot of stamina get a minshaw they put greyhound into the mix 4 speed drive eagerness heart a full salukis are uselles

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As most modern greyhounds appear to have been bred for speed around a track rather than ability in the field it would seem to me to make more sense to use a fen bred lurcher, which will have the advan

IMO the answer to the posters question is "It depends if your saluki is fast enough".     Today i don't believe we need any addition of greyhound blood to the coursing gene pool. There's plenty eno

i wouldnt mind a bit of "master mcgrath", or "fullerton" blood but those days are long gone, sam the man might have been something to think about, a few years back,   although i wouldnt put one of t

regarding pure salukis and pure greyhounds only

do you think the quality of either of these purebred dogs is as good "TODAY" as it was before the ban, when either of these pure breeds could be ran on hares legally and regularly either privately or with clubs or in coursing competitions,

at a geuss id say before the ban whats your opinion cocker :thumbs:

kc go to utube mars coursing if you can and copy the link onto this thread just to let some see a decent pure running :thumbs: i cant copy the link for some reason

do you think the quality of either of these purebred dogs is as good "TODAY" as it was before the ban, when either of these pure breeds could be ran on hares legally and regularly either privately or with clubs or in coursing competitions,

i think what puts people off using pures today to breed coursing lurchers, is the quality and working ability of todays pures especially greyhounds, as for many decades it was more than just a hobby/sport, for a lot of people it was actually an occupation, getting good results really mattered, the same as foxhounds, and terriers bred for digging to, a lot of time and money and effort was put it,

these dogs were bred and kept fit to run 16, 32, and ultimately 64 dog stakes, there were coursing clubs all over the country, and many many keen "running members"

the dogs were HARDWIRED to chase hares and nothing else, and surly a greyhound which had the ability to run in a 32 dog stake or 64 dog stake, must have been able to contribute good genes, into a lurcher line, the last of the coursing bred greyhounds will be knocking on now or dead, which leaves us lacking in quality coursing greyhounds to go back to with lurchers :(

• Like 3

theres still some very good pures running kc within the saluki club .

any chance of a day out id like to see them run pal :thumbs:

seen that mars geoff was very impressed with her

i cant get the link to copy and bring it onto this thread .its on utube mars hare coursing .i thought it would just give some of the lads on here that aint seen a decent sal running an insight into what these dogs can do ..we have a chat about the other kc :thumbs:

• Like 1

This one you mean Geoff?

thats the one johnny thanks alot :thumbs: .i let her go at twelve months to mp cos she was such a nasty b*****d andi dreaded the thought of her getting out of her run if the kids were in the garden

Never been a fan of saluki's but that mars seems to have something about her, nice style of running. :thumbs:

A saluki has more than enough speed for a fenland hare. It also has an inbuilt instinct on how to use it. Im looking forward to seeing this pup run on my land and seeing the qualitys a pure sal has.

don't get to exited most pure salukis don't cut the mustard, they just lack that little bit extra

And what is that little extra ???

think he mean,s SPEED and a bitta extra drive.

full salukis very plody if you want something plody with a lot of stamina get a minshaw they put greyhound into the mix 4 speed drive eagerness heart a full salukis are uselles

:nono: