A Tribute

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shame that mate thats running dogs for you there will be a bit of the whippet rubbed off on the young beddy x with it being around it from a pup you watch you done right by the dog its not suffering n

He was a sturdy little fecker

Posted Images

So sad to read this. You did the right thing putting him to rest before the disease ruined his quality of life completely. That is the hard decision to make: when to do it. Good on you for doing it when you did, though much harder I know.

• Like 1

TC,

I know exactly what your going through, last Friday my young Whippet Pip raised a Rabbit in a clump of reeds, it made it too a sandy bury, where Pip caught it at the entrance,

he instantly fell over and I found him unconscious.

I carried him home, drove to my local Vets who had him xrayed, two broken vertebrae in his neck.

Rushed him to Glasgow Vet Hospital, where the next day he was operated on for four hours,

unfortunately he developed internal bleeding, and was pts.

He was coming on in strides, not saying he would have been a great Whippet, but he was good enough for me.

He was a pet first, and a worker second,

I would like to mention Cumbrianlurcher who uses this site, who has donated one of his Pups free of charge.

And two Members of The Working Whippet Forum, who offered me a free Whippet Pup.

He had a great life, and with me being retired, was with me, all time, which makes it harder.

At least he went catching his pray.

Sorry TC, for jumping your post but seeing what happened to you,made me write these words.

• Like 1

My local Vet took two xrays on Friday and Pip was put to sleep on Monday,,

The Vet told me Glasgow Vet Hospital would keep him informed, so what a surprise to find his Bill through my door this morning.

Thought they would have at least, waited a week.

Feel for you, I remember putting our dog down when she had reached the end of her road and its not something that ever comes easy. Even though you know its for the best. Truly sad for you, shed a tear remembering how it made me feel and my dog was an old lady, to lose a young dog must be even worse. Best wishes, you can take comfort in the fact I can tell from the photos that was one loved and happy dog, short years will have been great.

I am gutted for you Sam. It is a awefull thing to have to do but you did the right thing mate. Also to CJ, saw pip working and he was well on the way to making a very good ferreting dog, gutted for you also mate. Just goes to show how easy they can be take away, be it health or work. So sad for your losses lads.

TS & CJ not nice lads...been there several times before...and know exactly how you feel...

Put my old Border terrier to sleep last July, he was 16, and if you ever need proof that it never gets easier I'm that proof...had dogs for 35 years and him going left me shredded...