Wheaton Terriers

What about a staffy?

problem with staffs is coat imo. The one i had was sore as hell if he ran on stubble imagine one busting through bramble with their drive? Be a right mess . I had a mooch with a pal and his 3 Russell bitches yesterday and they put some rabbits up for the lurcher and nailed a couple in heavy cover that a lot of dogs wouldnt enter. Very good in cover and he digs with them also . Atb with whatever you choose

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

personally if i was you i'ld get myself a wee cocker, your lurchers will catch more and after a while you'll wonder how you ever managed without one. it was certainly one of the best choices i ever ma

How big are the bushes?! This thing gets stuck every time he goes near brambles, like velcro!   They stink, and this one is "challenging" around other dogs, so I keep him away from them mainly.

wheatan not suitable as a bushing dog. they will hunt but can lead to trouble in long term. get yourself a terrier x or spanial x for bushing, all the best sionnach.

Posted Images

contrary to popular opinion a lot of plummers will drop to ground same as any terrier. if you dont want it to ground, avoid any terrier small enough. :thumbs:

The plan is to get something too big to go to ground, i want to take that option out altogether. Back to the staff arent they meant to be troubled enough with allergies/skin issues. Have seen a staff x russel and she was driven mad with her skin.

What about a staffy?

problem with staffs is coat imo. The one i had was sore as hell if he ran on stubble imagine one busting through bramble with their drive? Be a right mess . I had a mooch with a pal and his 3 Russell bitches yesterday and they put some rabbits up for the lurcher and nailed a couple in heavy cover that a lot of dogs wouldnt enter. Very good in cover and he digs with them also . Atb with whatever you choose

Your right there.. My salukix is always tore up from brambles and he has the same sort of coat as a staffy...

contrary to popular opinion a lot of plummers will drop to ground same as any terrier. if you dont want it to ground, avoid any terrier small enough. :thumbs:

The plan is to get something too big to go to ground, i want to take that option out altogether. Back to the staff arent they meant to be troubled enough with allergies/skin issues. Have seen a staff x russel and she was driven mad with her skin.

Has anyone ever used an irish terrier for bushing? See them from time to time going cheap non reg and nearly been tempted a couple of times

What about a staffy?

Staffies are just plain simple bulldozers mine used to smash all types of cover for quarry and retrieves :laugh: I agree regarding the coat mine use to get scratched to fec all over her head, ears, shoulders, belly etc never stopped her though, great nose too :thumbs:

personally if i was you i'ld get myself a wee cocker, your lurchers will catch more and after a while you'll wonder how you ever managed without one. it was certainly one of the best choices i ever made.

my fella "the spaniard"

s40y6c.jpg

that is a beauty pal!!

Has anyone ever used an irish terrier for bushing? See them from time to time going cheap non reg and nearly been tempted a couple of times

I was trying to find working lines of this breed but i havent been havin much luck.