Dogs Hitting Cover....

Get rid bud and get yourself a collie saturated hound, a bit sense :hmm::D

I've got a first x cg at the minute Kittlerox who is as gung ho as I have seen with prey drive to match...2 years old at he end of the month...my arse has collapsed several times this winter...his bottle hasn't - maybe I'm getting too old for this eh?

Might calm doon as it gets older bud, a bit like ourselves eh :D the whippet I have heres a bit of a steam train, disappeared submerged in a ditch at full whack a month or so back :icon_eek: heart in the mouth moment :laugh:

• Like 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Injuries come hand in hand with running dogs - tell you what tho - I'd rather have a full on crash-through-anything-and-f**k-the-consequences-brave kind of dog rather than a dog that'll baulk at a pat

the end result

Posted Images

had a dog about 2 years ago now,, had it from 8 weeks old bought it on myself,, he loved his job and i loved him he was like my baby,,lol the dog would never hit a hedge would always stop, but would still kill more than he missed, went lamping one night with a few mates,, i didnt know the land, my run slip the dog off he goes nearly picks the rabbit of the squat, rabbit straight lines the dog for about 40 50 metres, n then both off them disapear wheres my dog gone????? get with in 10 15 metres from where they disapeared i see what killed him, a 500ft drop down a cliff,, if i would of known it was ther wouldnt of run him... i was like a baby for about a week,, try not to get to attached to the dog now,,,died doing what he loved,, atb lads shaun

Dogs that quickly learn when to avoid heavy cover catch far more over the years than the mutts that charge in and are laid up through injury,or carry injurys that result in a missed opportunity.I prefer a dog to learn from its experiences and abort a run or two if it feels its necessary.So i miss a catch or two,they will be there to run again.

as said,it comes hand in hand with running dogs ;) ....anyone who WORKS DOGS will have seen some right horrible things....(myself included) :yes:,my current dog is the worst yet I have had for this....prey drive through the roof.. :yes: ....but the results speak for themselves.. :thumbs:

for me it depends what there running ...............they have a desire to catch certain things and some quarry just makes them that little bit more hungry.........

have a bitch here that will run hard to cover,..........slow down and then work steady in the cover ...........which i think is prerfect

35311zr.jpg

that was close mate...atb.. :thumbs:

shes got scares all over pal :thumbs:

I had a dog called scar....that was a mistake calling him that.. :yes:....the thing was f****n covered in big nasty scars,usually happening from chasing deer....so you can imagine....need less to say the dog killed himself chasing a deer... :yes:,I think the worst one was 23 staples and 8 stitches....one big rip from the ribs to the knee cap....not nice. :bad:...but expected....thing was a f****n looney :thumbs: